Offensive Player of the Week
Frank Warren – RB, Grambling State (5-9, 200, Sr., Pleasant Grove, Ala.) Warren carried 27 times for 209 yards and 2 touchdowns on the ground in Grambling’s 35-14 victory at Mississippi Valley State. He became Grambling’s first 1,000-yard rusher since 2001, and he is the only player in FCS this season to have 3 separate 200-yard rushing games. For his career, Warren has 3,515 yards, just 48 from passing Walter Payton for fifth all-time in the SWAC rushing records.
- Arvell Nelson (QB, TXSO) Rushed for 115 and 2 TDs. Threw for 62 yards
- Donald Babers (RB, PVAM) Rushed for 125 and 2 TDs
- Marcus Wright (RB, TXSO) rushed for 139 and 1 TD
- Devon Dominguez (QB, ALST) Threw for 269 and 2 TDs
Defensive Player of the Week
Shomari Clemons – LB, Texas Southern (6-2, 235, Jr., West Monroe, La.) Clemons finished with 5 total tackles (3 solo), 2.0 sacks (17 yards), 2.0 tackles-for-loss (17 yards), and an interception in leading the SWAC’s top defensive unit to a victory over Jackson State’ high-powered offense, 21-18. The win keeps Texas Southern in control of its own fate to make the Farmers SWAC Championship Game by winning the remainder of its conference games..
- Milton Patterson (LB, JKST) 10 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery
- Quinton Spears (DE, PVAM) 7 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1 pass breakup, blocked a punt for a safety
- Brandon Thurmond (DE, UAPB) 10 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1.0 sacks
- Cliff Exama (LB, GRAM) 10 tackles (4 solo)
- Jimmy Daniels (DE, ALST) 8 tackles (5 solo), 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sacks
Special Teams Player of the Week
William Griswold – PK, Southern (6-1, 175, Fr., Tampa, Fla.) Griswold connected three more field goal attempts (36, 42, 37) and completed his 20th PAT on the season without a miss in Southern’s 30-16 loss to Prairie View. The freshman kicker has now made 7 straight field goal attempts for the Jaguars and is 10 of 14 on the season with a long of 44 yards on the season.
- Nick Andrews (KR, ALST) – Opened the game with a 90-yard kickoff return
- Francois Ejiofor (P, TXSO) – Averaged 33.8 yards per punt with a long of 47 yards
Newcomer of the Week
Brandon Bridge – QB, Alcorn State (6-5, 195, Fr., Mississauga, Ontario) Bridge accounted for 413 yards of total offense and 4 touchdowns in the Braves’ 39-35 loss to Arkansas-Pine Bluff. He rushed for 142 yards and 2 TDs and completed 17 of 39 passes for 271 yards and 2 TDs.
- Jacques Rickerson (DB, ALST) 1 INT and TD return of 59 yards, 1 punt return for 51 yards, 2 tackles, 1 pass breakup
Casey Therriault (QB, JKST) Threw for 256 yards and a TD