Will Jackson State stop wearing red uniforms? It’s a possibility

BG

A statement urged fans to ‘reaffirm commitment’ to the school’s navy blue and white.

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Jackson State University could be discontinuing the use of its predominantly red uniforms.

Jackson State President Marcus Thompson released a statement on Thursday, which included the potentially limited future of using red as a dominant feature.

Fans, coaches, and student-athletes representing Jackson State have since made their opinions known regarding the potential limited use of JSU red as a primary color.

"Wearing Red"
If one would know the History of the Color Red.
This Color Symbolize one of the Greatest Football Coaches of all times.
WC Gorden- I think that the Football Team should wear the color on Special Occasion to honor his
hard work and dedication for the program on and off the Football Field.
Coach Gorden and the Squad filled Stadiums beyond expectations with a very small budget.
All True Jacksonians should know his History and Legacy before Prime Time stopped through!
Let's Support the color of Red in his Memory and give Accolades to his Family and make sure that
they are supported in this Endeavor.
"He was one of the Best and still is even during his demise"

Last edited:
President like..
Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

Love that red. Especially the red-block JSU on the helmets.

Even Gram's red is fire when strategically placed.

I see a pattern here with " borrowing" things from Grambling. But I agree with the President & alumni who want to return to the actual school colors for nearly a century. Adding red simply because a single coach thought the uniforms would be more cute with red? Penn State, Duke or Kentucky alumni would run a coach or administration who just randomly added red to their uniforms because it's a " fire" scheme.

I see a pattern here with " borrowing" things from Grambling. But I agree with the President & alumni who want to return to the actual school colors for nearly a century. Adding red simply because a single coach thought the uniforms would be more cute with red? Penn State, Duke or Kentucky alumni would run a coach or administration who just randomly added red to their uniforms because it's a " fire" scheme.

Which Coach added red to uniforms? 🤣 🤣

99.9% of the alumni dont agree. I took a poll.
Nobody cares what this President has to say.

Welcome to our world at Valley

A certain segment of alums can't stand the red despite it being directly tied to the Satellite Express

It's now an official 3rd color lol (mainly used as an accent color)

Does the President at JSU even have the power to stop the school sports teams from using red given that the apparel has already been purchase? You would think they would have more pressing maters to attend to like a new on campus football stadium or the possibility of getting JSU their own on campus water system.

Does the President at JSU even have the power to stop the school sports teams from using red given that the apparel has already been purchase? You would think they would have more pressing maters to attend

What's so controversial about a Prez sending out a 2 paragraph email asking athletics to please wear our actual school colors for over a century ? The colors proudly worn buy several NFL Hofers & many other College HOfers.

they need to, them joints is uggggleeee
I' m a big Walter Payton fan & I have watched his JSU highlights & those uniforms look much " sweeter" . The only team I see wearing red trim or britches ( go back to the 1950's) is Grambling. Why change your schools identity because a few portal hopping kids think this is cool. Kids are always looking for something " better" it seems & won't stay in Grambling , Itta Bena, Pine Bluff , Jackson , etc...because they have dope uniforms. I prefer tradition over trends.

I' m a big Walter Payton fan & I have watched his JSU highlights & those uniforms look much " sweeter" . The only team I see wearing red trim or britches ( go back to the 1950's) is Grambling. Why change your schools identity because a few portal hopping kids think this is cool. Kids are always looking for something " better" it seems & won't stay in Grambling , Itta Bena, Pine Bluff , Jackson , etc...because they have dope uniforms. I prefer tradition over trends.
💯

Back