2022 Jackson State Football Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
kobe-bryant-nba.gif

How? Because they play 10 SWAC Opponents?

This schedule makes sense for Jackson State. I love that they don't schedule those payday body bag games. Their OOC SWAC games also make $ense. They usually play Tennessee State but will now play UAPB in Birmingham for much more money. That makes sense. Scheduling other SWAC schools also makes sense. JSU fans are more interested in playing those schools and will show up in huge numbers. The whole schedule makes sense.

I wouldn't call their schedule a cake walk because they still have to win the games on their schedule. Its several schools on that schedule that are gonna give JSU a good fight. I doubt any SWAC school goes undefeated in conference play in 2022.

JSU is going 11-0 and will win the Celebration Bowl. Say what you want about the schedule, but JSU is about to be the most talked about non Power 5 team in history this year. Mark it down.
That is a fallacy with Prime’s dubious 80 years of NFL coaching experience on the sidelines and especially when that staff goes against cerebral minds like Buddy Pough.

When a staff with 80 years of NFL experience cannot thwart a 31-3 run by SCSU bulldogs in a national championship game (against the weakest MEAC rep ever sent to the CB) shows the limitation of J-State.

Sept. 17th cannot get here soon enough.

That is a fallacy with Prime’s dubious 80 years of NFL coaching experience on the sidelines and especially when that staff goes against cerebral minds like Buddy Pough.

When a staff with 80 years of NFL experience cannot thwart a 31-3 run by SCSU bulldogs in a national championship game (against the weakest MEAC rep ever sent to the CB) shows the limitation of J-State.

We love it if that’s what you want to believe. Fall 2022 loading 😂

Never have I ever seen a team so ready to go 2-9 😆

Luv ya GSUperTiger, but my brutha, I have been one the most accurate person on this board abut JSU. That 80’s years of NFL Experience went 11-2 at the end of the day! Folks have to stop ignoring that fact just because JSU walked into a place they have never been before expecting SCSU to asked for autographs instead trying to punch them in the mouth. It happens, and I called it before the season. Now, JSU is not only loaded with FBS caliber talent with experience, they are battle tested and hungry! Brother, did you forget how Fobbs and the G-Men walked into his first SWAC Championship vs Alcorn expected the Braves to roll over and play dead? Didn’t happen. We were humbled, and came back to bust their arse the next year. It happens to the best of them.

Other than me being one of the first, (please go on record), to tell y’all that Prime was coming to JSU, I made some bold predictions on JSU after his very first class that have been pretty damn accurate. Being a Grambling man, I don’t know what it means to be star-struck, I just know when something works. Coach Prime at JSU is an HBCU dream come true, and it is shining a light back on HBCU Football that was fading away. We saw it when Doug Williams took over at time when HBCU has being thrown into the back burner, and now we are seeing a new era with Prime at JSU. People might hate JSU, hate Prime’s arrogance, but they can’t hate game. They are winning the game right now.

I picked a 4-3 Spring 2021 Season because I knew he wasn’t coaching with his recruits, I picked a 10-3 Fall 2021 Season because I thought they would lose to FAMU, ULM and the Norfolk State in the Celebration Bowl, and I picked them to go undefeated in Fall 2022 due to the power of their recruiting classes, and their belief in Coach Prime. People can read too much into that piss poor performance vs SCSU, but I didn’t and don’t because I picked them to loss the Celebration Bowl due to being out-MEACed like the SWAC Champion & Challenge Representatives usually do. This year, JSU won’t lose. Bet the house on it.

That’s just what it is. Yes, I hope we beat the living shiit out of them and remind them that we own the papers on them, but I know that this is a long shot this year. Yes, Coach Hue has brought in monsters and a very impressive Class to GSU, but we have more cleaning up to do after an ugly year. Our program is in a different place than JSU. I am more concerned about having a winning season than a date with JSU. We need to be worrying about everybody.

Luv ya GSUperTiger, but my brutha, I have been one the most accurate person on this board abut JSU. That 80’s years of NFL Experience went 11-2 at the end of the day! Folks have to stop ignoring that fact just because JSU walked into a place they have never been before expecting SCSU to asked for autographs instead trying to punch them in the mouth. It happens, and I called it before the season. Now, JSU is not only loaded with FBS caliber talent with experience, they are battle tested and hungry! Brother, did you forget how Fobbs and the G-Men walked into his first SWAC Championship vs Alcorn expected the Braves to roll over and play dead? Didn’t happen. We were humbled, and came back to bust their arse the next year. It happens to the best of them.

Other than me being one of the first, (please go on record), to tell y’all that Prime was coming to JSU, I made some bold predictions on JSU after his very first class that have been pretty damn accurate. Being a Grambling man, I don’t know what it means to be star-struck, I just know when something works. Coach Prime at JSU is an HBCU dream come true, and it is shining a light back on HBCU Football that was fading away. We saw it when Doug Williams took over at time when HBCU has being thrown into the back burner, and now we are seeing a new era with Prime at JSU. People might hate JSU, hate Prime’s arrogance, but they can’t hate game. They are winning the game right now.

I picked a 4-3 Spring 2021 Season because I knew he wasn’t coaching with his recruits, I picked a 10-3 Fall 2021 Season because I thought they would lose to FAMU, ULM and the Norfolk State in the Celebration Bowl, and I picked them to go undefeated in Fall 2022 due to the power of their recruiting classes, and their belief in Coach Prime. People can read too much into that piss poor performance vs SCSU, but I didn’t and don’t because I picked them to loss the Celebration Bowl due to being out-MEACed like the SWAC Champion & Challenge Representatives usually do. This year, JSU won’t lose. Bet the house on it.

That’s just what it is. Yes, I hope we beat the living shiit out of them and remind them that we own the papers on them, but I know that this is a long shot this year. Yes, Coach Hue has brought in monsters and a very impressive Class to GSU, but we have more cleaning up to do after an ugly year. Our program is in a different place than JSU. I am more concerned about having a winning season than a date with JSU. We need to be worrying about everybody.
Don't let @BraveMan97 read this. He will not be happy about these truthisms.

How? Because they play 10 SWAC Opponents?

As others have said, your school is participating in the nonsense this year so of course you wouldn't have any problem with it

You have plenty of critical analysis when it comes to Valley but with this, it's "so where is the problem with playing 2 SWAC schools as OOC opponents" instead of calling it what it is (LAZY scheduling).

Southern took their lumps for their poo OOC slate and so will JSU. We KNOW they will play UAPB and Grambling so that alone is enough for the flaming they are getting for the schedule just like they did for saying "we want to help out Jackson" but then run to B'Ham to help them out despite having a 60K home stadium which we know they can fill up against Southern

One thing that separates Icon Gram posters from the rest is our passion and candor. You definitely have been right on about J-State. As a Grambling man too, BCF needs J-State to be good. This is one reason I always give my boy TP hell as there was not any reason for Mississippi’s only urban university to be so bad for so long. J-State has inarguably the richest tradition in state and that alone should always enable them to be a factor.

However, Doug’s three consecutive SWAC championship teams were dominant. We literally could have played the 2nd string and still won the SWAC. Prime’s team is not dominant by a long shot and his coaching will not allow them to be dominant despite his groundbreaking talent. Impulsive decisions are in his blood and a Prime example of his impulsivity was the national embarrassment in the CB.

At Grambling, we are a championship machine. We literally have not gone more than six years without winning the conference since we joined the SWAC in 1959. Numbers do not lie. Only Grambling touts this consistency of winning championships. Our DNA of winning is the enigma that enables a 1-11 football team to come within 1yd of going to the SCG like in Fobb’s first year. No program can turn it around like the G-Men. I believe after spring and fall camp, the G-Men will be on par with J-State with better QB and line play on both sides of the ball. I think Hue Dat is salivating watching that unimpressive man coverage J-State played in the SCG. Their scheme can be beaten and I think lopsided losses like in the CB is not an aberration.

J-State is on fire and COTY Prime did what he said he was going to do. Granted Prime will not lose any recruits once he is in a recruit’s living room - period. However, the true eye of the Tiger is back, which are the Grambling Tigers located about 2 hrs west down I-20 from Jackson.

As others have said, your school is participating in the nonsense this year so of course you wouldn't have any problem with it

You have plenty of critical analysis when it comes to Valley but with this, it's "so where is the problem with playing 2 SWAC schools as OOC opponents" instead of calling it what it is (LAZY scheduling).

Southern took their lumps for their poo OOC slate and so will JSU. We KNOW they will play UAPB and Grambling so that alone is enough for the flaming they are getting for the schedule just like they did for saying "we want to help out Jackson" but then run to B'Ham to help them out despite having a 60K home stadium which we know they can fill up against Southern

Fall 2021, We pumped 30 MILLY into Jackson lol did we not help out JACKSON????

JSU still comes first and JACKSON benefits when we host a home game. We have FOUR home games. Jackson will appreciate every red cent we generate.
We didn’t host SU last year and Jackson was just fine.

Matter fact I think Jackson lost money when valley hosted SU in Jackson. So Let JSU and SU handle this. JSU/SU fans are over the initial shock of the game location. It is what it is and now we’re going to do what we do best: SUPPORT OUR SCHOOLS! Show up and Show out! You green devils should try it at least once and stop worrying about Jackson and worry about itta bena.

Also, you don’t even want JSU & SU to play each other but you hollering about Jackson. Lol
Jackson gone be aight. They gone take what they get and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back