The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

Correction, the MEAC Champion says, " Yeah, we are going to get destroyed in the 1st round again."

They are going to keep playing and playing until they break through one day. At least they are giving themselves a chance.
NO team in the SWAC has any chance of participating in the playoffs.

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

Dude Alcorn hasn't been relevant in years so i don't know why you are whining.

I have told you already, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bigger than Alcorn. This is OUR SWAC CHAMPION going to REPRESENT OUR CONFERENCE in the playoffs. OUR CONFERENCE HAS NO REPRESENTATION IN THE FCS PLAYOFFS. There, do you understand that?

What does Alcorn winning a SWAC Title have to do with the Bayou Classic being in the way of ALL SWAC CHAMPIONS NO MATTER WHAT SCHOOL THEY REPRESENT playing in the FCS Playoffs?

Like I've already said, Look At The Big Picture.

You do know the SWAC could be eligible for the playoffs if we didn't have a SCG, so moving Classic dates wouldn't be a factor so kill that crap. In fact win a SCG first then talk.

I don't know about anyone else but i would rather my team to be home than to be on national tv getting skull drug.

Ass-whippings don't last forever. Look at PV.

I have told you already, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bigger than Alcorn. This is OUR SWAC CHAMPION going to REPRESENT OUR CONFERENCE in the playoffs. OUR CONFERENCE HAS NO REPRESENTATION IN THE FCS PLAYOFFS. There, do you understand that?

Dude STFU, Sports is a business and one must do what they need to do to bring in money, the play offs isn't guaranteed but the BC is. Do you understand that?

You do know the SWAC could be eligible for the playoffs if we didn't have a SCG, so moving Classic dates wouldn't be a factor so kill that crap. In fact win a SCG first then talk.

What date do the FCS Playoffs begin? I'm taking into the consideration that any one of 10 teams of the SWAC can be SWAC Champion to represent our conference in the FCS Playoffs. Remember the previous sentence before you reply.

They are going to keep playing and playing until they break through one day. At least they are giving themselves a chance.

Tell your President to join the MEAC and you will be fine.

Dude STFU, Sports is a business and one must do what they need to do to bring in money, the play offs isn't guaranteed but the BC is. Do you understand that?

The BC can be moved. Instead of waiting two weeks to play a game, why not play it after the previous game?

What date do the FCS Playoffs begin? I'm taking into the consideration that any one of 10 teams of the SWAC can be SWAC Champion to represent our conference in the FCS Playoffs. Remember the previous sentence before you reply.

Not going to go there i've stated our reason.

So SU and GSU rather limit the exposure the SWAC can receive for EVERYONE than move ONE GAME, even if SU and GSU both come into the game with 2-9 records?

That's really sad...:smh:. But one day, a change is going to come.

Wrong again. If a SWAC team has playoff aspirations, then schedule 2 tough OOC opponents and compete or beat them, win all of your conference games, and forfeit your appearance in the SCG. You would be elgible for an at-large bid.

So SU and GSU rather limit the exposure the SWAC can receive for EVERYONE than move ONE GAME, even if SU and GSU both come into the game with 2-9 records?

Hell we give the SWAC exposure. You do know the BC is played on NBC? lmao

Once again for all the playoff folks. If the NCAA wanted the SWAC in the playoffs, they would have moved the start of the playoffs back 1 or 2 weeks.

Ya'll are delousional in the worst way.
Do you honestly believe the NCAA is going to cater to the SWAC by moving the playoffs around. You honestly think we have that much clout, power, etc. :lol:

Some of the stuff typed here that ya'll actually believe is funny. :lol:

The BC can be moved. Instead of waiting two weeks to play a game, why not play it after the previous game?

It can be moved but will there be a slot open for it? It's attractive due to Thanksgiving Weekend. Many things can happen but they won't.

I have always said to show the SWAC is preparing itself and wants to participate in the playoffs to schedule good OOC games and win them. Once that becomes the norm, play offs should be the next venture but why commit suicide just to say we go to the playoffs? That's like saying my lady is a h0e and sleeps with the entire street but you still sleep with her unprotected. lol

Ya'll are delousional in the worst way.
Do you honestly believe the NCAA is going to cater to the SWAC by moving the playoffs around. You honestly think we have that much clout, power, etc. :lol:

Some of the stuff typed here that ya'll actually believe is funny. :lol:

Right. Last time I've checked, the SWAC is under the NCAA FCS subdivision. I'm quite sure other conference have made adjustments since they changed the start date of the playoffs. :lol:

Correction, the MEAC Champion says, " Yeah, we are going to get destroyed in the 1st round again." Just accept the fact that we aren't playing in the playoffs right now. This has been known for over a decade.

At least they ain't saying "WE SCURRRRRRRRRED TO TRY." :lol:
I accepted the fact that people in this conference want to go the easy route and make every excuse in the book on not competing in FCS nationally.

I accepted the fact that people in this conference want to go the easy route and make every excuse in the book on not competing in FCS nationally.

:lmao:

Yes, Woe is the SWAC. The big bullies Southern and Grambling (although someone forgot that Alabama State also plays during the same week) are holding up the entire SWAC. Yes, Southern and Grambling(and the forgotten Alabama State) are the reason why Alcorn has never made it to the SWAC Championship game. Barring a natural disaster, the date of that game is not going to be changed, and especially not because of the playoffs. If you don't like it, then tell your President and AD to move out of the SWAC.

Why don't you tell your AD to stop scheduling the Concordia's and Texas Colleges of the world, and setup games against Georgia Southern and James Madison?

I wonder if the same passion would exist if it involved 3 other schools instead of the ones effected? Valid points are made, but how will schools reverse the poor academic performances? As backwards as the SWAC office is, they did a good thing and at least as far as the APR's are concerned there will be actions for poor performances! Now if the office would be consistent with other conference business we would be better! It's a hard pill to swallow given that other things have gone wrong but this is a positive start!

We Just Have To Do Better!!!

No one is scared but i would rather my team to win OOC on a consistent basis. MEAC might not be scared but they azz bows out the first game every year. Not into validation from the white man and doing things just because they and others will view us in another light. The SWAC needs to win in OOC play with quality opponent before thinking about a damn playoffs. That's just like a certain team being happy to play in the SCG common but losing all the time but still happy they are in it. I'm all about winning and i like to prepare myself to win and we can do that by racking up on OOC wins and i'm not talking slum schools.

I have always said to show the SWAC is preparing itself and wants to participate in the playoffs to schedule good OOC games and win them. Once that becomes the norm, play offs should be the next venture but why commit suicide just to say we go to the playoffs? That's like saying my lady is a h0e and sleeps with the entire street but you still sleep with her unprotected. lol

Thing is, no OOC team that regulary go to the playoffs is going to play us like that. What would they have to gain by playing one of us.............NOTHING? We beat them, they lose clout in the playoff seedings and rankings. They beat us, WHAT DO WE LOSE..............NOT A DAMM THING.

The SWAC want to participate in the playoffs, then some hard decisions will have to be made to bring EVERY SCHOOL IN THE CONFERENCE in-line, on the same page to finish their seasons in time for the start of the playoffs. As it stands now, we can't even get our own act together within the conference.

I wonder if the same passion would exist if it involved 3 other schools instead of the ones effected? Valid points are made, but how will schools reverse the poor academic performances? As backwards as the SWAC office is, they did a good thing and at least as far as the APR's are concerned there will be actions for poor performances! Now if the office would be consistent with other conference business we would be better! It's a hard pill to swallow given that other things have gone wrong but this is a positive start!

We Just Have To Do Better!!!

We have to do more than just being better. The SWAC office is a joke...

The moral of this thread is this conference continues to go backwards:

-Pep band/cheerleader mandates,
-Post-season bans for regular season games,
-Mandated 2pm start times for basketball games,
-No APR qualifications for conference championships
-No programs from the conference to help raise and retain APR. :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back