The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

All of this because JSU, GSU & SU didn’t hold their players and coaches accountable. If the players go to class and stay eligible the APR isn’t an issue. Instead of pointing fingers (whining & crying – THEY WON’T LET US PLAY) at the other schools, how about looking in the mirror and holding your own people accountable.

Where do you see anyone pointing fingers about the APR issue? The issue is over should they have been banned from the SWAC Championship Game even though the NCAA didn't ban them from it.

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

If you want to play in the playoffs, those are the type of teams you are going to be going against. Might as well get used to it by playing them in the regular season.
and what about you all? South Dakota, Arkansas Monticello, Belhaven, Southern Lab, etc...? Are playing those teams going to get you all where you trying to go?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

All of this because JSU, GSU & SU didn’t hold their players and coaches accountable. If the players go to class and stay eligible the APR isn’t an issue. Instead of pointing fingers (whining & crying – THEY WON’T LET US PLAY) at the other schools, how about looking in the mirror and holding your own people accountable.
:idea:

The SWAC lost its automatic bid to the playoffs b/c SU & GSU refused to move the BC. As a result, 8 teams had to suffer for the actions of 2. The playoffs start the same weekend as the BC. And if you believe no SWAC school should go to the playoffs then I guess you are also in favor of a 9-game schedule. Just play each other and call it season. Why would any decent athlete want to compete in a conference that only wants to compete against itself?
I guess that explains why the talent level has fallen drastically around the conference in the last 15 years.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=81&seasonYear=2010&seasonType=2&weekNumber=13

Close-minded thinking rears its ugly head. So now no one wants to play the SWAC teams because they are scared they are going to lose?

The only closed mind here is yours. Once again you ACT like you don't understand just to defend the azz-backwards decisions that have put us behind the FCS curb the last 20 years. You so into posting one-liners, you don't even get what is being said. Look at the schedules and tell me how many OOC Playoff boud teams that is not called a HBCU have your team scheduled in the last 10 years. FBS BEATDOWNS don't count.

Where do you see anyone pointing fingers about the APR issue? The issue is over should they have been banned from the SWAC Championship Game even though the NCAA didn't ban them from it.

He just trying to get his post count up...leave him be.

and what about you all? South Dakota, Arkansas Monticello, Belhaven, Southern Lab, etc...? Are playing those teams going to get you all where you trying to go?

They have not played a non-hbcu playoff bound FCS TEAM in ages yet he here running all this crap about others. :lol: Sad part is, South Dakota was not even FCS when they played them.

Everybody that's crying about not being able to compete in the SCG. If the schools APR were above 900 none of this would be an issue. This topic and vote never would have come up.

They have not played a non-hbcu playoff bound FCS TEAM in ages yet he here running all this crap about others. :lol: Sad part is, South Dakota was not even FCS when they played them.

And they lost.

The SWAC lost its automatic bid to the playoffs b/c SU & GSU refused to move the BC. As a result, 8 teams had to suffer for the actions of 2. The playoffs start the same weekend as the BC. And if you believe no SWAC school should go to the playoffs then I guess you are also in favor of a 9-game schedule. Just play each other and call it season. Why would any decent athlete want to compete in a conference that only wants to compete against itself?
I guess that explains why the talent level has fallen drastically around the conference in the last 15 years.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=81&seasonYear=2010&seasonType=2&weekNumber=13

Definitely see your point.

Everybody that's crying about not being able to compete in the SCG. If the schools APR were above 900 none of this would be an issue. This topic and vote never would have come up.

So all the other teams that are allowed to participate in the SCG has APR levels above 900?!?!

The link said the NCAA imposed the ban. If you have different information, post it.

I knew you wouldn't find it, so here's a helping hand.

REPORT OF THE
NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
DIVISION I INFRACTIONS APPEALS COMMITTEE
June 30, 2009
Report No. 289
Alabama State University
Montgomery, Alabama

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/388649/Alabama_State_appeal.pdf

page 20, item #3 says the following:

3. Theinstitution's football team shall end its 2009 season with the playing of its last regularly scheduled, inseason contest and shall not be eligible to participate in any postseason competition. [Note: The committee formally would have precluded the institution from competing in postseason competition in 2008 but, by the time of issuance of this report, the team already had not qualified for postseason competition in 2008.]

It says nothing specifically about the SCG, it merely states "post-season competition".

Last edited:

That is not a NCAA link that states what their opinion on it is, that is nothing but something a reporter wrote that probably read it here on this site from the street committees

You are reaching now. Can you provide a link that proves otherwise?

Comment when you become knowledgeable regarding the entire APR/SCG system. Right now, you're not.

It's the truth though. This is the reality that the SWAC has made for itself over the last 10 years. People was saying F the playoffs, they would not play us back in the day, etc., when the SCG was born, now we got life full force on the frindges of FCS.

It's mostly because we have some backward arse leaders that can only schedule teams 1 year at a time. They (OOC Schools) are making schedules 3 years or further out so they know where they will be playing and when.

Do you ever hear our folks even trying to schedule that far out?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

It's mostly because we have some backward arse leaders that can only schedule teams 1 year at a time. They (OOC Schools) are making schedules 3 years or further out so they know where they will be playing and when.

No. Thanks SWAC!

:clap: Dayum good post!

The SWAC never had an autobid... Teams were selected based on records and rankings.

Why don't the other 7 (not 8) SWAC schools vote to end the SCG? It only benefits GSU/SU/Bama State because we have no other game available! The rest of you can schedule two respectable FCS opponents, win those games, beat a good Grambling team and you're in the playoffs. Good Luck!

PS: Yall need to stop whining about the BC and take control of your own situations... that's what we did!

Like I've said before, the SWAC is a 10-Team Conference, Not a 3-Team Conference.

Selfishness and Irresponsibility have crumbled this once proud conference.

And some of you may say, "Who is Alcorn to talk?". Dammit, if I'm the member of a conference whose logo I have to PAINT ON MY FOOTBALL FIELD, than Dammit, I can say whatever the hell I want to.

We're not saying blame GSU, SU, and JSU for the problems in the SWAC. We're saying TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS and look at the big picture. We are crumbling yet some people still believe in chipping away more due to SELFISHNESS AND IRRESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take off your respective school shades and just put on shades that just say "SWAC". Somebody help me preach....:mad:.

LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

The SWAC never had an autobid... Teams were selected based on records and rankings.

Why don't the other 7 (not 8) SWAC schools vote to end the SCG? It only benefits GSU/SU/Bama State because we have no other game available! The rest of you can schedule two respectable FCS opponents, win those games, beat a good Grambling team and you're in the playoffs. Good Luck!

PS: Yall need to stop whining about the BC and take control of your own situations... that's what we did!

I thought so. :tup:

So all the other teams that are allowed to participate in the SCG has APR levels above 900?!?!

Yes. For the year 2009-2010 only JSU, SU & TSU are below 900. And TSU has way more issues than the APR. JSU has been below 900 for 3 straight years and SU has been above 900 only once since 2004-2005. And from what I have read you can still sometimes get a pass if you show improvement each year. PV did that several years ago.

jayrob,
Thanks for posting the link. And just like I had posted, the SWAC indeed banned ASU from the SCG.

With all due respect Fiyah, the 9 game mandate isn't the problem. It's what we do with the 2 non-conference games and our insistence on keeping the SCG. As I posted in another "post" on this thread... If I was a member of one of the other 7 schools, I'd vote to end the SCG and gear my scheduling to getting an invite to the FCS dance.

PV could use those two games to play Sam Houston & SF Austin... beat them and go 7-2 in the SWAC and you get a bid most likely!

JSU could keep Tn State and play McNeese home and home... beat them and go 7-2 in the SWAC and they get a bid!

A&M could do likewise with Samford and Jacksonville State... beat them and go 7-2 in the SWAC and the bid will come.

It ain't the 9 games that's killing our recruiting...it's the fact that our coaches (though paid much more in salary) are SKED of those teams!

You are reaching now. Can you provide a link that proves otherwise?

How am I reaching?

What they wrote is basically the same words that was written here by street committee posters from TSPN.

Please DO NOT close this thread at 200 posts. We need to put it ALL ON THE TABLE RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

What direction is our conference going in? We need to make something happen before its too late!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back