The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

OK, so let me ask. What is the difference between the teams that were crowned as "champions" before the SCG existed and the teams crowed as "champions" now that it does exist?

No difference... champ and champ.

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

If Alcorn got banned yet beat the shat out of every SWAC team that year, this conversation wouldn't be happening...:smh:.

See where catering to a select few has gotten us as a conference?

The two punishments are completely different. The situations were completely different. In this case, the NCAA's APR punishment was limited only to NCAA sanctioned events.
Can you post that? Seriously.

The SWAC presidents didn't have to do anything else.
I don't disagree.

Even not taking into account the 2009 ban or the statute as posted by Jafus, but I think back to an earlier point I made, does the SWAC see it as post season.

I shole wish there was a transcript of the meeting with the Pres.
Why should that matter??? The NCAA governs the APR and enforcment, not the SWAC.

Because Alabama State was banned for inelgible players and breaking rules. Southern and JSU just didn't meet the APR goals. Two different NCAA committees that deal different penalties.

Yep and that sounds like an NCAA interdepartmental communication problem. The SWAC got it right by sticking to the precedent. Same as when the NCAA banned Auburn some years ago when they went undefeated. That included the SEC title game as well.

"Many of the NCAA's penalties have already been imposed by Alabama State on itself, including limiting the number of scholarships and official paid recruiting visits during past seasons."

Perhaps Alabama State self imposed banning itself from the SCG along with accepting other NCAA penalties.

Why should that matter??? The NCAA governs the APR and enforcment, not the SWAC.
But the SWAC can govern its version of the post season, right?

playing devil's advocate (even though I sincerely believe that this sentiment existed and judging from the vote, I'm almost convinced).... The NCAA has banned yall from postseason. This is our postseason. So, the ban applies

"Many of the NCAA's penalties have already been imposed by Alabama State on itself, including limiting the number of scholarships and official paid recruiting visits during past seasons."

Perhaps Alabama State self imposed banning itself from the SCG along with accepting other NCAA penalties.
In all seriousness, I did think about that. Or more precisely, was the interpretation subsequently made to include the SCG, But I don't think so. As I recall, when those penalties were announced, it was announced as a ban to the SCG too.

Yep and that sounds like an NCAA interdepartmental communication problem. The SWAC got it right by sticking to the precedent. Same as when the NCAA banned Auburn some years ago when they went undefeated. That included the SEC title game as well.

You don't know that, you're just guessing.

And the precedent you speak of had no warning nor was there anything on paper dictating/stipulating what would happen to schools if they didn't meet the APR.
The Presidents merely voted it in and it was law that same day. That's bush-league at it's best.

Kenn, sorry you are wrong on this one. Why did you get JayRob and Robber started again? COME ON MAN

Last edited:

In all seriousness, I did think about that. Or more precisely, was the interpretation subsequently made to include the SCG, But I don't think so. As I recall, when those penalties were announced, it was announced as a ban to the SCG too.

If Alabama State self-imposed an SCG ban on itself, then it would make sense as to why the NCAA admitted that it doesn't have jurisdiction over the SCG.

Kenn, sorry you are wrong on this one. Why did you get JayRob and Robber started again? COME ON MAN

How you gone say a person's wrong on something, but not list evidence showing that they're wrong? How is he wrong?

If Alabama State self-imposed an SCG ban on itself,.
As I stated, I don't think that was the case at all....

The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

You're twisting, Alcorn isn't even in the equation.

If it is a conference issue that affects the conference of which my school is a member of, Alcorn's say is as equal as Grambling, JSU, SU, UAPB, PV, TXSU, Alabama State, Valley, and AAMU's say.

Once again, look at the big picture.

MH, if the NCAA considers the SWAC Championship Game to be a regular season game, wouldn't that mean the regular season champion is whomever wins the SCG?

Can you show us in the NCAA Bylaws that says that?

Please show the link, thanks

Thats al they are doing

That's my question too.
At the end of the day, ASU (in 2009) was banned from post season play, which came to include the SCG.
Now, SU and JSU have also been banned from postseason play. PLEASE tell me how its not rational if the question is asked why should (or shouldn't) that also include the SCG too. Like I asked earlier, have the rules changed??

They can't, they are so irrational with the determination of it.

Thanks Kenn for posting the article I've been quoting from. And I'll quote the 2nd paragraph again.

The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

Again, is it not rational to ask why a postseason ban would not now include the SWAC title game

MH, you are basing this off of a writers interpretation. It seems to me that the NCAA banned YOU from the SCG. They didn't ban us from the SCG. If the NCAA had only banned you from the post-season, you would not have been banned from the SCG.

They arn't the only ones he got started again.......

Look at all the Homers coming out again.....

beatles1.jpg

As I stated, I don't think that was the case at all....

Until you post the transcript, you're merely guessing. Don't you have Alabama State connections where you can get a copy of the self-imposed sanctions ASU placed on itself?

It is clear that the SWAC shows favoritism.

If it is a conference issue that affects the conference of which my school is a member of, Alcorn's say is as equal as Grambling, JSU, SU, UAPB, PV, TXSU, Alabama State, Valley, and AAMU's say.

Once again, look at the big picture.

lol

Fiyah, it has been said several times that the SCG is not an post season event. But more than that, the NCAA didn't ban us from the SCG which, unless you are slow, clearly suggests that the SCG is NOT a post-season event.

We are banned from NCAA sponsored post season events....not conference sponsored post season events. So the real question here is was the SWAC right in extending the bans to conference sponsored post season events? The answer is yes. Why? becasue those events determine our reps for NCAA tournaments. However, the SCG is different. It makes total sense for the conference to comply with the NCAA sanctions. A SCG ban is NOT in compliance with the NCAA ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back