The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

From my understanding, I was told that SU didn't care about going to the playoffs

~shruggs~ and still don't

And yet ya'll can't see why we damm near the "outcasts" of FCS, hanging on by the frindges. But in the same breath, FCS, NATIONALLY, is supposed to care about a conference that takes a crap on the NATIONAL picture every chance we get. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

And yet ya'll can't see why we damm near the "outcasts" of FCS, hanging on by the frindges. But in the same breath, FCS, NATIONALLY, is supposed to care about a conference that takes a crap on the NATIONAL picture every chance we get. :lol:

I thought it been like that for years though lol

We are in 2011. What gets me if that my preposition to move the Bayou Classic considers one of ALL 10 teams of the SWAC being SWAC Champions (THIS INCLUDES SU AND GRAMBLING)

What advantage does it give SU or Grambling to play the BC so close to the playoffs if they are the SWAC Champion and the team they play in the first round has 2-3 weeks to prepare while they as SWAC Champions will only have one. That sounds like a major disadvantage to me.

Stop arguing like a woman. The issue isn't Southern or Grambling (or Alabama State for that matter), we have already decided that we have no desire to participate in the playoffs as they are currently constructed. Teams received at large bids for years with the Bayou Classic being scheduled right when it is. If the other schools wanted to participate in the playoffs, they should vote to end the SCG. Your issue is with your own school president.

Technically and according to the NCAA, the SCG game IS the last scheduled regular season game. Why? Because THEY don't recognize it as a post season game. Like I said though, keep playing dumb.

Still waiting for the link from the NCAA that states this.....

But this whole thread is just :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Robber, this is what you do as professional all day (Smile!) and why you get the big buck. The information is in the language of the document.

The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Mighty Hornet &Kenn Rashad,

Kenn,
As I posted in the other thread, there is no regular season title in football to "ban" SU and JSU from winning. SU and JSU can still compete to have the best record during the regular season. But there is no title for doing that. The title is won in the SCG.

In the SWAC, the regular season title for football is determine by the winner of each division (i.e. SWAC Western Division Champions and SWAC Eastern Division Champions).

------------------
Brave0695,

The SWAC lost its automatic bid to the playoffs b/c SU & GSU refused to move the BC. As a result, 8 teams had to suffer for the actions of 2. The playoffs start the same weekend as the BC. And if you believe no SWAC school should go to the playoffs then I guess you are also in favor of a 9-game schedule. Just play each other and call it season. Why would any decent athlete want to compete in a conference that only wants to compete against itself?
I guess that explains why the talent level has fallen drastically around the conference in the last 15 years.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreb...&weekNumber=13

Per discussion with a NCAA official, the SWAC has never had an automatic bid to the NCAA Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) Tournament.

------------------
JayRob,

REPORT OF THE
NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
DIVISION I INFRACTIONS APPEALS COMMITTEE
June 30, 2009
Report No. 289
Alabama State University
Montgomery, Alabama

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/38...ate_appeal.pdf

page 20, item #3 says the following:

3. Theinstitution's football team shall end its 2009 season with the playing of its last regularly scheduled, inseason contest and shall not be eligible to participate in any postseason competition. [Note: The committee formally would have precluded the institution from competing in postseason competition in 2008 but, by the time of issuance of this report, the team already had not qualified for postseason competition in 2008.]

JayRob provides the key language” shall not be eligible to participate in any postseason competition.

Technically and according to the NCAA, the SCG game IS the last scheduled regular season game. Why? Because THEY don't recognize it as a post season game. Like I said though, keep playing dumb
That is incorrect. The SWAC Championship Game is a conference postseason tournament according to the NCAA bylaws. Based on the language written for the NCAA infractions committee. Alabama State was banned from both Conference (i.e. SWAC Championship Game) postseason tournament and the NCAA postseason (i.e. The NCAA Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) Tournament or NCAA sanctioned bowl game.
While, the SWAC Championship Game (SCG) is not a NCAA-sponsored postseason game or tournament, the SCG is not a regular season game. By definition, the game is a conference-sponsored postseason tournament.

NOTE: Below

NCAA DIVISION 1 MANUAL 2010-2011
17.9.5.2 Annual Exemptions. [FBS/FCS]

(d) Championship Subdivision Conference Tournament.
[FCS] A conference-sponsored, season-ending postseason tournament (one between teams that are not identified until the end of the preceding regular season), not to exceed one contest for any member institution. This provision does not preclude an institution from participating in a conference-sponsored season-ending postseason tournament and additional postseason football opportunities (e.g., NCAA Championship, Heritage Bowl) during the same season; (Adopted: 1/16/93 effective 8/1/93, Revised: 1/13/98 effective 8/1/98, 2/16/00, 12/15/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back