The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

No one is scared but i would rather my team to win OOC on a consistent basis. MEAC might not be scared but they azz bows out the first game every year. Not into validation from the white man and doing things just because they and others will view us in another light. The SWAC needs to win in OOC play with quality opponent before thinking about a damn playoffs. That's just like a certain team being happy to play in the SCG common but losing all the time but still happy they are in it. I'm all about winning and i like to prepare myself to win and we can do that by racking up on OOC wins and i'm not talking slum schools.

This has nothing to do with the white man. Please leave that out...lol

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

Thing is, no OOC team that regulary go to the playoffs is going to play us like that. What would they have to gain by playing one of us.............NOTHING? We beat them, they lose clout in the playoff seedings and rankings. They beat us, WHAT DO WE LOSE..............NOT A DAMM THING.

The SWAC want to participate in the playoffs, then some hard decisions will have to be made to bring EVERY SCHOOL IN THE CONFERENCE in-line, on the same page to finish their seasons in time for the start of the playoffs. As it stands now, we can't even get our own act together within the conference.

Speak for you own school and those teams play a few lighter teams on their schedule. I'm sure many conferences don't use 9 game conference mandates. So if you think we cant get our own act together conference wise, why in the hell are you crying playoffs when the conference is in shambles?:read:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Why don't you tell your AD to stop scheduling the Concordia's and Texas Colleges of the world, and setup games against Georgia Southern and James Madison?

Dude.
This is the first time we have play freaking Corcedia and everybody in Jackson has blistered the last AD's ear about scheduling that crap after having a year to do it. We would have been ok with D2, National Championship game playing DELTA STATE if you gonna schedule down. And when did Texas College get on our schedule. :noidea:

As for setting up games with James madison and Georgia Southern, I explained that in another post but I'll repeat it just for you.

What would playoff participating James madison and Georgia Southern get from scheduling any of us. They ain't gonna play none of us. We beat them, we done fugged up their entire playoff seeding and top 25 rankings. They beat us, WE AIN'T LOST A DAMM THING CAUSE OOC GAMES DON'T MEAN SHAT FOR A SWAC TEAM AND ITS SCG ONLY GOAL.

Understand or do you want to post more one liners instead of admitting the truth. :noidea:

Ya'll are delousional in the worst way.
Do you honestly believe the NCAA is going to cater to the SWAC by moving the playoffs around. You honestly think we have that much clout, power, etc. :lol:

Some of the stuff typed here that ya'll actually believe is funny. :lol:

Why not? If the SWAC were scheduling regular season games against the top FCS teams and winning them, there would be questions asked about why the NCAA doesn't move the game back one week to make sure that they get a true representation of having the best teams in the field. The SWAC gets little respect in football not because of the playoffs, but because we don't play quality OOC competition. You don't see people jumping all over the Ivy League teams for not participating in the playoffs.

This has nothing to do with the white man. Please leave that out...lol

Yes it is. Many worry about the perception. Point Blank, no way of getting around it.

I wonder if the same passion would exist if it involved 3 other schools instead of the ones effected? Valid points are made, but how will schools reverse the poor academic performances? As backwards as the SWAC office is, they did a good thing and at least as far as the APR's are concerned there will be actions for poor performances! Now if the office would be consistent with other conference business we would be better! It's a hard pill to swallow given that other things have gone wrong but this is a positive start!

We Just Have To Do Better!!!

The three you speak of have been the most successful programs for decades so it comes with the territory, all conferences are guilty of that type of treatment and yes we need to do better.

Yes it is. Many worry about the perception. Point Blank, no way of getting around it.

Perception of what? We have a perception to do things ass backwards? Since you want to include the white man, we already in the white man's game to begin with anyway and that happens to be in the NCAA. The SWAC should do better and create a better product as a whole.

Dude.
This is the first time we have play freaking Corcedia and everybody in Jackson has blistered the last AD's ear about scheduling that crap after having a year to do it. We would have been ok with D2, National Championship game playing DELTA STATE if you gonna schedule down. And when did Texas College get on our schedule. :noidea:

As for setting up games with James madison and Georgia Southern, I explained that in another post but I'll repeat it just for you.

What would playoff participating James madison and Georgia Southern get from scheduling any of us. They ain't gonna play none of us. We beat them, we done fugged up their entire playoff seeding and top 25 rankings. They beat us, WE AIN'T LOST A DAMM THING CAUSE OOC GAMES DON'T MEAN SHAT FOR A SWAC TEAM AND ITS SCG ONLY GOAL.

Understand or do you want to post more one liners instead of admitting the truth. :noidea:

Close-minded thinking rears its ugly head. So now no one wants to play the SWAC teams because they are scared they are going to lose?

Of course not.

:lol:
We are commenting with passion b/c it's our school and it doesn't make sense. I would hope that if the same thing happened to your school you would protest with "passion" instead of just laying down and saying, "man...better luck next year".

Bottom line...if the NCAA wanted to include the SCG in the ban it would have been specifically stated as it was when the NCAA included the SCG in the ban against Bama State in 2009.

I wonder if the same passion would exist if it involved 3 other schools instead of the ones effected? Valid points are made, but how will schools reverse the poor academic performances? As backwards as the SWAC office is, they did a good thing and at least as far as the APR's are concerned there will be actions for poor performances! Now if the office would be consistent with other conference business we would be better! It's a hard pill to swallow given that other things have gone wrong but this is a positive start!

We Just Have To Do Better!!!

The thing is, the punishment is coming after the fact. You have a brand new coach, president, and athletic director at Southern that have changed things for the better, and still couldn't escape the past problems from the former regime.We will be fine next year.

Perception of what? We have a perception to do things ass backwards? Since you want to include the white man, we already in the white man's game to begin with anyway and that happens to be in the NCAA. The SWAC should do better and create a better product as a whole.

Which means stop playing Concordia and Texas College and start using those 2 OOC games for quality opponents. If Greg Lafleur was able to secure games against Tennessee State and FAMU, I am certain all of the other SWAC schools can do the same. Get creative with the matchups.

Wrong again. If a SWAC team has playoff aspirations, then schedule 2 tough OOC opponents and compete or beat them, win all of your conference games, and forfeit your appearance in the SCG. You would be elgible for an at-large bid.

You can't forfeit your appearance or even a chance of a appearance in the SCG. Remember a few years back when the NCAA asked the Swac if PV would be able to go to the playoffs if awarded a at large bid. The Swac said "No" because of the possibility of a 3 way tie for the West Division and there would be a coin flip to determine the representative from the West from those 3 teams. It never came down to the coin flip since gsu won the game against su on the same weekend that the playoffs started. We will never know if the at large bid would have been awarded to PV since the Swac put the brakes on even getting the opportunity.

Thing is, no OOC team that regulary go to the playoffs is going to play us like that. What would they have to gain by playing one of us.............NOTHING? We beat them, they lose clout in the playoff seedings and rankings. They beat us, WHAT DO WE LOSE..............NOT A DAMM THING.

That is so backward arse thinking.....just like saying "Heads you win, Tails I lose" :crazy:

Speak for you own school and those teams play a few lighter teams on their schedule. I'm sure many conferences don't use 9 game conference mandates. So if you think we cant get our own act together conference wise, why in the hell are you crying playoffs when the conference is in shambles?:read:

man please. If you think the the direction the SWAC has been going the last ten years is not disfunctional, then I see why we are in disarray.

As for speaking for my own team.
The only OOC playoff participating school GRAM has scheduled in recent history, 2008, has been NORTHWESTERN STATE. The same Northwestern JSU had a 4 year deal with during the Bell era. Before that you have to go all the way back to 2002 and 2003 for McNeese State and Nichols . Outside of a Portland State in 2001, you have to go all the way back to 1989 to see a OOC PWC Playoff team on Grams schedule and that was SFA.

Basically saying GRAM ain't been drawing in PWC OOC playoff bound teams either. The only one on your schedule that went to the playoffs since the SCG was born was McNeese. And that was more of a "cross-town" matchup rather than a FCS power from way off WANTING to schedule you.

Last edited:

:lol:
We are commenting with passion b/c it's our school and it doesn't make sense. I would hope that if the same thing happened to your school you would protest with "passion" instead of just laying down and saying, "man...better luck next year".

Bottom line...if the NCAA wanted to include the SCG in the ban it would have been specifically stated as it was when the NCAA included the SCG in the ban against Bama State in 2009.

No one knows for sure if the NCAA mandated a ban against Alabama State or if it was a self-imposed ban in '09. MH is supposed to be getting that information.:tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Which means stop playing Concordia and Texas College and start using those 2 OOC games for quality opponents. If Greg Lafleur was able to secure games against Tennessee State and FAMU, I am certain all of the other SWAC schools can do the same. Get creative with the matchups.

I definitely agree with you.

Why not? If the SWAC were scheduling regular season games against the top FCS teams and winning them, there would be questions asked about why the NCAA doesn't move the game back one week to make sure that they get a true representation of having the best teams in the field. The SWAC gets little respect in football not because of the playoffs, but because we don't play quality OOC competition. You don't see people jumping all over the Ivy League teams for not participating in the playoffs.

The IVY has NEVER participated in the playoffs........ever in football. The SWAC took baby steps away from the playoffs. As for respect, I say again, those top teams are not going to schedule us with all they have to lose. Why would they play a team that don't participate in the playoffs. And before you say it, they don't play the IVY's either.

No one knows for sure if the NCAA mandated a ban against Alabama State or if it was a self-imposed ban in '09. MH is supposed to be getting that information.:tup:

It was stated in the link posted like 2 pages ago...

Like the second or third paragraph it clearly stated that the NCAA ban included the SCG. It was a link to an article on ESPN. Just like the link to the ESPN article for this year's ban where it clearly states the SCG is NOT included in the ban.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3760840
The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6645692
The NCAA already hit both schools with a postseason ban because of low APR scores, which were released last month. But the SWAC championship did not apply because the NCAA considers the game an extension of the regular season.

However...according to Fiyah..the 2009 article is not good enough b/c it could just be some random reporter. :lol:

You can't forfeit your appearance or even a chance of a appearance in the SCG. Remember a few years back when the NCAA asked the Swac if PV would be able to go to the playoffs if awarded a at large bid. The Swac said "No" because of the possibility of a 3 way tie for the West Division and there would be a coin flip to determine the representative from the West from those 3 teams. It never came down to the coin flip since gsu won the game against su on the same weekend that the playoffs started. We will never know if the at large bid would have been awarded to PV since the Swac put the brakes on even getting the opportunity.

That is so backward arse thinking.....just like saying "Heads you win, Tails I lose" :crazy:
It's the truth though. This is the reality that the SWAC has made for itself over the last 10 years. People was saying F the playoffs, they would not play us back in the day, etc., when the SCG was born, now we got life full force on the frindges of FCS.

Last edited:

The link said the NCAA imposed the ban. If you have different information, post it.

Why don't you tell your AD to stop scheduling the Concordia's and Texas Colleges of the world, and setup games against Georgia Southern and James Madison?

Whaaaatt?????????? Whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaatt? Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt?

The IVY has NEVER participated in the playoffs........ever in football. The SWAC took baby steps away from the playoffs. As for respect, I say again, those top teams are not going to schedule us with all they have to lose. Why would they play a team that don't participate in the playoffs. And before you say it, they don't play the IVY's either.

Didn't McNeese State play Grambling and Southern? Didn't Grambling play Portland State? Didn't Texas Southern play Texas State?

All of this because JSU, GSU & SU didn’t hold their players and coaches accountable. If the players go to class and stay eligible the APR isn’t an issue. Instead of pointing fingers (whining & crying – THEY WON’T LET US PLAY) at the other schools, how about looking in the mirror and holding your own people accountable.

Whaaaatt?????????? Whhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaatt? Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt?

If you want to play in the playoffs, those are the type of teams you are going to be going against. Might as well get used to it by playing them in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back