The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

So the conference has to revolve around GSU, SU, and JSU? Oh no, No, NO!!! It doesn't work that.

Last time I checked, the SWAC contained 10 members, not three. See, this is why we can't expand into other marketing opportunities for our overall product because we are NOT LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE. The SCG has died because it believed in SU vs. JSU always. It doesn't work like that.

Three schools do not determine when the sun rises and the moon sets.

Does the SEC revolve around three schools?

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

The difference is that we don't qualify/limit/dismiss/lessen the winner of the SCG as the REGULAR season champion. They are THE champion. Period.
It's only ONE champion. Why try to say its the REGULAR season champion.

Btw, you posted a link to show how the SWAC officially designates a REGULAR season champion in basketball. Can you post a link to show how the SWAC officially designates a REGULAR season champion in football?

The difference is that we don't qualify/limit/dismiss/lessen the winner of the SCG as the REGULAR season champion. They are THE champion. Period.

Btw, you posted a link to show how the SWAC officially designates a REGULAR season champion in basketball. Can you post a link to show how the SWAC officially designates a REGULAR season champion in football?

MH, is the SWAC Championship Game a post-season game?

MH, is the SWAC Championship Game a post-season game?
According to the statute that was posted, yes.
According to how its has come to be viewed in the SWAC, yes
When the NCAA sanctioned ASU with a postseason ban, yes

Dude what are they the champions of then??? The regular season, season or whatever you call it. They ain't no champions of some postseason event. sTu is the 2010 SWAC champs. We don't call them the 2010 SCG champs. There is no distinction. They won the season championship by winning the SCG, but they are still the 2010 season champs.

We can't post a link for a regular season champ, just like you can't post a link for a postseason champ.

MH, does the NCAA consider the SWAC Championship Game a post-season game?

When the NCAA sanctioned ASU with a postseason ban, yes
And you keep conveniently ignoring when the NCAA said point blank, period: the SCG ain't postseason, so they ain't banned from that game. Why is that??? Why you gotta keep lying to make your point. And yes, you are lying right now, because you know what you're posting omits that important truth. A half truth is simply a whole lie.

Understand, exposure brings OPPORTUNITIES. Playing in the FCS Playoffs Brings EXPOSURE which in turn brings OPPORTUNITIES. But we can't play in the FCS Playoffs can we? Know why, because of SELFISH BULLSHAT.

Please don't let me be SWAC Commissioner. Our conference has the potential to advance so much further. We just have to "motivate" some SWAC institutions to be team players, rather they like it or not.

sTu is the 2010 SWAC champs. We don't call them the 2010 SCG champs. There is no distinction. They won the season championship by winning the SCG, but they are still the 2010 season champs.
Exactly. I TOTALLY agree. They are regarded as THE champions. Period. Not REGULAR season champion. Because there is NO such thing.

According to when the NCAA banned Bama State, it is. :smh:

:lol:

I find it crazy how MH beats around the bush when asked a direct question.

Exactly. I TOTALLY agree. They are regarded as THE champions. Period. Not REGULAR season champion. Because there is NO such thing.
Not postseason either. Potato/potahto

And you keep conveniently ignoring when the NCAA said point blank, period: the SCG ain't postseason, so they ain't banned from that game. Why is that??? Why you gotta keep lying to make your point. And yes, you are lying right now, because you know what you're posting omits that important truth. A half truth is simply a whole lie.
Not at all. Has anything changed in the view/interpretation since 2009? And I forgot to ask you, but what is your interpretation of the statute that Jafus posted.

I have a much simpler question...since JSU and SU can not win the SWAC football crown does that mean they will not be awarded points as it relates to the Comm. Cup if they somehow go undefeated during the regular season? Will the system currently in place be modified to address this issue or will points be allotted according to place of finish in each division?

Very good question. :tup:

MH, if the NCAA considers the SWAC Championship Game to be a regular season game, wouldn't that mean the regular season champion is whomever wins the SCG?

:lol:

I find it crazy how MH beats around the bush when asked a direct question.
He'll never admit it here, dude. The NCAA could issue a press release today directed at him, saying "mighty hornet, the SCG is not a postseason event. It is merely a means to crown the regular season champion," and he'd say, not according to the 2009 postseason ban to Bama State.

Dude what are they the champions of then??? The regular season, season or whatever you call it. They ain't no champions of some postseason event. sTu is the 2010 SWAC champs. We don't call them the 2010 SCG champs. There is no distinction. They won the season championship by winning the SCG, but they are still the 2010 season champs.

We can't post a link for a regular season champ, just like you can't post a link for a postseason champ.

This list from the SWAC website lists the history of past CHAMPIONS in football - (http://www.swac.org/championships/alltimeFB.html )

MH, does the NCAA consider the SWAC Championship Game a post-season game?

The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

He'll never admit it here, dude. The NCAA could issue a press release today directed at him, saying "mighty hornet, the SCG is not a postseason event. It is merely a means to crown the regular season champion," and he'd say, not according to the 2009 postseason ban to Bama State.

Yep. :tup:

The more I think about it, the more that doesnt sound logical to me. You emphasize REGULAR season, as if there some game beyond the SCG that we use to determine a CHAMPION.

MH, what you are saying would be on point if teh SCG was a post season event OR if it affected a subsequent post-season event. If there was a Legacy Bowl, you would not hear us on here complaining about this ban. Banning us from the SCG would then put us in compliance with the NCAA sanctions. At present, it does not. It's just an unnecessary punishment. Not only that, if GSU and SU can compete for regular season titles in basketball, why can't SU and JSU compete for one in football?

Not at all. Has anything changed in the view/interpretation since 2009? And I forgot to ask you, but what is your interpretation of the statute that Jafus posted.
Why do I need to provide my own interpretation to a statute when the writers of the statute done told me the answer??? There's nothing to interpret. The NCAA said it. I'll take their word.

The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

Why didn't the NCAA ban Jackson State from the 2011 SWAC Championship Game?

MH, what you are saying would be on point if teh SCG was a post season event OR if it affected a subsequent post-season event. If there was a Legacy Bowl, you would not hear us on here complaining about this ban. Banning us from the SCG would then put us in compliance with the NCAA sanctions. At present, it does not. It's just an unnecessary punishment. Not only that, if GSU and SU can compete for regular season titles in basketball, why can't SU and JSU compete for one in football?

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back