The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & South

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

Why didn't the NCAA ban Jackson State from the 2011 SWAC Championship Game?
Because in 2009, they banned Bama State from the postseason, including the SCG.

Re: The SWAC Doesn’t Realize The Mistake It Made Against Grambling, Jackson State & S

MH, what you are saying would be on point if teh SCG was a post season event OR if it affected a subsequent post-season event.
Thats my sentiment on relegating THE champion of the SCG as just the REGULAR SEASON champion. But there is no subsequent game. The SCG is THE game used to crown THE champion. And there is no banning yall from winning something that doesnt exist- a regular season championship, which in EVERY situation I know, is determined based on who has the best record in the regular season. Not who wins the championship game. If Jsu or Su finishes with the best record in the SWAC, then nobody has said that yall can't say yall have the best record in the SWAC. But there is no such designation as regular season champions. However, there is a designation as SWAC Champions. And that is claimed at the SWAC Championship Game.

:lol:...I'm starting to see now why mainly JSU posters do not want Tennessee State to become a member of the SWAC...:lol:.

Exactly. I TOTALLY agree. They are regarded as THE champions. Period. Not REGULAR season champion. Because there is NO such thing.

OK, so let me ask. What is the difference between the teams that were crowned as "champions" before the SCG existed and the teams crowed as "champions" now that it does exist?

So why didnt they ban SU and JSU the same way.
That's my question too.
At the end of the day, ASU (in 2009) was banned from post season play, which came to include the SCG.
Now, SU and JSU have also been banned from postseason play. PLEASE tell me how its not rational if the question is asked why should (or shouldn't) that also include the SCG too. Like I asked earlier, have the rules changed??

OK, so let me ask. What is the difference between the teams that were crowned as "champions" before the SCG existed and the teams crowed as "champions" now that it does exist?
I hope you're not expecting an answer. I asked that question a long time ago.

Nothing, they just play an extra game. Use the SEC as an example, in 2008 when Florida(11-1) played Alabama(12-0) in the SEC Championship game, Florida gave Alabama their first loss in that game and won the SEC Championship. Even though Alabama had the best record prior to the Championship Game, Florida was crowned champions of the SEC because they won the championship game. The championship game is used as a way to determine the champion of the conference.

The difference is that pre-SCG, the champion was the team which had the best record during the regular season. Now, the champion is the team that wins the SCG.

The difference is that pre-SCG, the champion was the team which had the best record during the regular season. Now, the champion is the team that wins the SCG.

Which means they are just playing one extra game. There is no distinction made between the team with the best record before the championship game, and the team that actually wins the championship game. Basketball is different.

Thanks Kenn for posting the article I've been quoting from. And I'll quote the 2nd paragraph again.

The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

Again, is it not rational to ask why a postseason ban would not now include the SWAC title game

That's my question too.
At the end of the day, ASU (in 2009) was banned from post season play, which came to include the SCG.
Now, SU and JSU have also been banned from postseason play. PLEASE tell me how its not rational if the question is asked why should (or shouldn't) that also include the SCG too. Like I asked earlier, have the rules changed??

Because Alabama State was banned for inelgible players and breaking rules. Southern and JSU just didn't meet the APR goals. Two different NCAA committees that deal different penalties.

Teams of today in the SCG can be beaten by D2 teams such as Tuskegee, thus lowering the prestige of the Championship.

Teams of today in the SCG can be beaten by D2 teams such as Tuskegee, thus lowering the prestige of the Championship.

Alabama State was getting beat by Tuskegee in the past too. Not to mention how quickly AAMU adjusted to the SWAC.

Because Alabama State was banned for inelgible players and breaking rules. Southern and JSU just didn't meet the APR goals. Two different NCAA committees that deal different penalties.
And at the end of the day, ONE of the sanctions was the EXACT same thing: A postseason ban.

Thanks Kenn for posting the article I've been quoting from. And I'll quote the 2nd paragraph again.

The NCAA also banned Alabama State from playing in the postseason in 2009, including the SWAC title game.

Again, is it not rational to ask why a postseason ban would not now include the SWAC title game
What's irrational is your continuous ignoring the NCAA saying nobody was banned from the SCG because they didn't consider it postseason. That's not rational.

Why do I need to provide my own interpretation to a statute when the writers of the statute done told me the answer??? There's nothing to interpret. The NCAA said it. I'll take their word.

MH has no record whatsoever of the NCAA banning Alabama State from the '09 SCG. If you do MH, post it.

That's my question too.

The two punishments are completely different. The situations were completely different. In this case, the NCAA's APR punishment was limited only to NCAA sanctioned events. The SCG is not an NCAA event. It is a conference event. As I stated in the post. The NCAA had already reduced scholarships and practice times. The SWAC presidents didn't have to do anything else. They only took action because they were concerned how the conference would be viewed by outsiders if they hadn't done anything else. If they NCAA wanted to ban SU and JSU from the SCG, they would have done so.

What's irrational is your continuous ignoring the NCAA saying nobody was banned from the SCG because they didn't consider it postseason. That's not rational.
Even not taking into account the 2009 ban or the statute as posted by Jafus, but I think back to an earlier point I made, does the SWAC see it as post season.

I shole wish there was a transcript of the meeting with the Pres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back