SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have it twisted bane. Is actually you that feel inferior, not the conference.

Us running from the FCS playoffs doesn't have a damn thing to do about money. We just got tired of getting our azzes kicked. If the SWAC and MEAC were competing and winning FCS championships a separate bowl wouldn't have ever been discussed.

Us running from the FCS playoffs doesn't have a damn thing to do about money. We just got tired of getting our azzes kicked. If the SWAC and MEAC were competing and winning FCS championships a separate bowl wouldn't have ever been discussed.

Based on what? What "we" are doing is no different that what other groups have been doing for years. I can provide facts. Can you?

so what about the other end of the spectrum ... if the FCS playoffs were so great, why Georgia Southern and Appalachian State left for the Sun Belt Conference after winning all of those FCS titles?

Hell, the MEAC had a five-team tie for first last season ... and the worst choice out of the five went to the playoffs with no at-large bids for the conference

Bane let me explain to you just how ridiculous your comments are.

The SWAC hasn't participated in the payoffs since a year after the SCG conception ( I could be off a year)

So participating in a bowl game changes or effects NOTHING. So in essence, your reasoning that the SWAC is running away from the playoffs by going to a bowl is bordering on..... Well crazy.

so what about the other end of the spectrum ... if the FCS playoffs were so great, why Georgia Southern and Appalachian State left for the Sun Belt Conference after winning all of those FCS titles?

Hell, the MEAC had a five-team tie for first last season ... and the worst choice out of the five went to the playoffs with no at-large bids for the conference

Because their leadership had a plan in place to progress up to the next level. The best time to do that is when you're winning. Marshal did something similar. Every FCS should have a desire to move up.

Because their leadership had a plan in place to progress up to the next level. The best time to do that is when you winning. Marshal did something similar. Every FCS should have desire to move up.

I agree with that first statement. However, Marshall hasn't been doing gangbusters in the money area after Moss and Pennington left.

There should be a plan to move up, but also a plan for sustainability as well.

Because their leadership had a plan in place to progress up to the next level. The best time to do that is when you're winning. Marshal did something similar. Every FCS should have desire to move up.

And they moved up to a non-playoff division. In other words, they're playing for bowl games/money.

Bane let me explain to you just how ridiculous your comments are.

The SWAC hasn't participated in the payoffs since a year after the SCG conception ( I could be off a year)

So participating in a bowl game changes or effects NOTHING. So in essence, your reasoning that the SWAC is running away from the playoffs by going to a bowl is bordering on..... Well crazy.

Why did we forfeit our automatic bid to create a SCG? If we were competing and winning in the FCS playoffs that shat would have never took place. You can say what you want.

I agree with that first statement. However, Marshall hasn't been doing gangbusters in the money area after Moss and Pennington left.

There should be a plan to move up, but also a plan for sustainability as well.

That still doesn't negate the fact that the leadership made the right decision to move up. Every FCS should have that same desire.

Why did we forfeit our automatic bid to create a SCG? If we were competing and winning in the FCS playoffs that shat would have never took place. You can say what you want.

1. in the pre-SCG years, Southern, Grambling and Alabama State had regular seasons that ended on or the weekend after Thanksgiving ... not making them eligible for the FCS playoffs ...

2. In those years ... if the selection committee deemed a SWAC school fit for an at-large team, that team went.

But a question is ... what will SIAC and CIAA schools think? Will this game, which for all intents and purposes blocks them from "HBCU National Championships," prompt them to make hard decisions about moving up to Division I?

They moved up to the Bowl division to compete with the best.

Dude they're in the Sunbelt not the SEC

You can try and twist this, to fit your narrow narrative until you turn blue in the face. But the fact of the matter is.....

1) Us participating in a bowl game doesn't change/effect what the SWAC has been doing for decades

2) Your anger is seriously misplaced

3) Your comments are a reflection of your own insecurities.

Bane actually has a point. Remember when Boise State and more infamously TROY use to be on our level?

We not talking about Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, etc. Focus solely on schools like Boise State and Troy. You are going to get your ass kicked at first but ass-whippings don't last forever. Eventually Players come into a program and wins start happening and wins usually translate into bigger donations.

If you want a SWAC Example, look at PV.

Please provide those facts.

Answer the question first, can you provide facts to support your argument? I will do it either way, but I just want to make sure we are clear on this first. This has NOTHING to do with wins and losses. This is all about the money as is the case in the examples I will provide.

But a question is ... what will SIAC and CIAA schools think? Will this game, which for all intents and purposes blocks them from "HBCU National Championships," prompt them to make hard decisions about moving up to Division I?

They still have the playoffs, if they want a piece of the pie then will have to move up.

In all reality I see old Sheridan giving them the nod in odd years and the sports network and newer media following ESPN lead.

Considering that there is no "official" black college national championship, I really don't think it matters. The pollsters are going to do what they always do. The SIAC and CIAA have no control over that.

Answer the question first, can you provide facts to support your argument? I will do it either way, but I just want to make sure we are clear on this first. This has NOTHING to do with wins and losses. This is all about the money as is the case in the examples I will provide.

Based on what? What "we" are doing is no different that what other groups have been doing for years. I can provide facts. Can you?
You're original post.

You are the one who stated other groups have been breaking off and forming their own bowls and stuff for years. So prove it.

Bane actually has a point. Remember when Boise State and more infamously TROY use to be on our level?

We not talking about Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, etc. Focus solely on schools like Boise State and Troy. You are going to get your ass kicked at first but ass-whippings don't last forever. Eventually Players come into a program and wins start happening and wins usually translate into bigger donations.

If you want a SWAC Example, look at PV.

This has nothing to do with his comments are him thinking the SWAC is running away from competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back