SWAC and MEAC announcement this afternoon "Celebration Bowl"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might cause the SCG to end.

I hope so. The SCG really has no purpose with all 10 teams playing each other in league play. Plus, getting rid of the SCG gives the conference champion an additional week of rest/prep for the bowl game.

The SCG has been great for the conference, but the 9 game mandate is the REAL PROBLEM, not the game itself...So blame the lazy AD's who can't fill up a schedule like PV and Valley back in the day.

The SCG has been great for the conference, but the 9 game mandate is the REAL PROBLEM, not the game itself...So blame the lazy AD's who can't fill up a schedule like PV and Valley back in the day.
When we didnt have the 9 game mandate what did JSU's schedule look like?

Hell, jsu was scared to even play PV that year we both had a common date to play.

When we didnt have the 9 game mandate what did JSU's schedule look like?

They filled it with those some conference schools as ooc games. So what's the difference.

9 game mandate should go. ..how can you get rid of the scg and it plays a huge role in the bowl? We basically flipped fcs schools off with this announcement. They are HEATED lmao. Screw your playoffs

Keep both of the games!!!! All the so called MEAC ADs on the other board....are looking to jump ship. I told them they aint important and their real ads wasnt listening to them.

Hell, jsu was scared to even play PV that year we both had a common date to play.

They filled it with those some conference schools as ooc games. So what's the difference.

You picked one year out of how many years of JSU football????
:rolleyes:

I don't think the SCG needs to go - anytime you can maximize your conference exposure that is great - the SCG winner will be on TV 2 times in a 2 week span, great exposure. The AD's just need to kill the 9 game mandate and put some teeth into doing such as - if you are not scheduled to play a conference opponent - don't schedule them as an out of conference game, that defeats the purpose - or just keep the 9 game mandate. AD's should move to this:

Do not schedule a conference opponent as a non-conference opponent
A limit of 1 Div 2 or NAIA opponents
Determine what fines and penalties will be levied for those in violation of the scheduling decree.

I don't think the SCG needs to go - anytime you can maximize your conference exposure that is great - the SCG winner will be on TV 2 times in a 2 week span, great exposure. The AD's just need to kill the 9 game mandate and put some teeth into doing such as - if you are not scheduled to play a conference opponent - don't schedule them as an out of conference game, that defeats the purpose - or just keep the 9 game mandate. AD's should move to this:

Do not schedule a conference opponent as a non-conference opponent
A limit of 1 Div 2 or NAIA opponents
Determine what fines and penalties will be levied for those in violation of the scheduling decree.
Will never fly.

Highly unlikey but the MEAC/SWAC Challenge Participants could also face each other twice in one season with the addition of this Bowl Game

I don't understand the argument to end the SCG now that this bowl game is officially set. If anything, the bowl game adds more value to the SCG as the winner knows they get to play again if they win the SCG.

I say we create all HBCU basketball and baseball tournaments as well. Let's completely separate ourselves.

Thats another argument you dont want to see in here. I agree I like playing the PWI schools and beating them at their own game instead of running away...but I also gotta look at the financial gain that we will receive from playing this Bowl game. Not many FCS conferences can say they are getting a million dollar payout for a game like this that will be on NATIONAL TV ....

Its pros and cons both ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back