Southern Heritage Classic Part 2

I mean, per the legal filings, I don’t know what legal precedents Jackson State has here. A breach of contract is a breach of contract.

And the front office knew this too.

Regardless of how it ends… it’s ending.
It won’t be the same when JSU is done playing it’s final game in Memphis.

And contrary to popular belief, Public Colleges and Universities can be sued for a breach of contract. They aren't immune as state entities from this. It's just going to be up to Fred's attorneys that Jackson State clearly broke the contract. Regardless of how Jacksonians feel about the pay for the SHC, or whatever, if Fred can demonstrate the AD and university didn't follow proper protocol within the contract, they can be held liable.

Not to mention, Charles' comments on HBCU Gameday and Inside the HBCU Sports Lab could also be introduced as evidence that the SWAC conspired with Jackson State to breach the SHC contract.

No bread coming from this way.
At all.

I have never seen so many black Benedicts desiring and wishfully wanting to see an ascending institution fail for doing what is financially right for itself. smh We call that having a crab mentality.

Perhaps JSU should follow a great roadmap lol and take its athletic programs to a PW conference, watch that same PW conference implode w/ the new neggr on board, and then JSU secretly beg another PW conference for admission lol. Hmmmmmmmm... lol

Do you see it? lol

As if JSU has no legal representation and didn't consult its legal team before a move was made. 😂👀
So you're saying Fred and SMC didn't have a good enough legal team to make sure the contracts weren't iron-clad in 2019 and that JSU didn't breach the said contract?

At all.

I have never seen so many black Benedicts desiring and wishfully wanting to see an ascending institution fail for doing what is financially right for itself. smh We call that having a crab mentality.

Perhaps JSU should follow a great roadmap lol and take its athletic programs to a PW conference, watch that same PW conference implode w/ the new neggr on board, and then JSU secretly beg another PW conference for admission lol. Hmmmmmmmm... lol
I don't think people want to see Jackson State U fail. Looking at the details of the legal filing, Fred and his company may have a case. Conversely, a larger point, is $350,000 for a game 3 hours away from the home base being underpaid? Especially when looking at other contractual obligations JSU and similar universities signed for other neutral site classics and FBS money games?

And contrary to popular belief, Public Colleges and Universities can be sued for a breach of contract. They aren't immune as state entities from this. It's just going to be up to Fred's attorneys that Jackson State clearly broke the contract. Regardless of how Jacksonians feel about the pay for the SHC, or whatever, if Fred can demonstrate the AD and university didn't follow proper protocol within the contract, they can be held liable.

Not to mention, Charles' comments on HBCU Gameday and Inside the HBCU Sports Lab could also be introduced as evidence that the SWAC conspired with Jackson State to breach the SHC contract.

So, would A&T (or any other school) sign a contract with this guy after this? He needs to think about this too.

Well, in the interest of transparency (but more likely due to a legal requirement at the request of the defendant if this indeed goes to trial) ole Fred will get a chance to "open up the books" to show us damages based on year to year comparisons of gross and net over a considerable period of time!

Last edited:
I don't think people want to see Jackson State U fail. Looking at the details of the legal filing, Fred and his company may have a case. Conversely, a larger point, is $350,000 for a game 3 hours away from the home base being underpaid? Especially when looking at other contractual obligations JSU and similar universities signed for other neutral site classics and FBS money games?
You seriously don't see the value in JSU's re-IPO football value? smh

That lil' $350K can EASILY be made at their home, no travel other than putting the team up in a remote hotel a day before the game or no hotel at all.

Let me do some math... I grad'd PV so obviously math isn't a strong suit (staring at SouthernU).... on the shallow end, 40K at home @ $20 per ticket + parking + concessions + game sponsors + merchandisers. What is that?

I donated last July & fall with 4 shirts @ $25 per + a red Gordon "J" at $35 only because I convinced him he's my kinfolk (our cuz, @Blacknbengal ).

You seriously don't see the value in JSU's re-IPO football value? smh

That lil' $350K can EASILY be made at their home, no travel other than putting the team up in a remote hotel a day before the game or no hotel at all.

Let me do some math... I grad'd PV so obviously math isn't a strong suit (staring at SouthernU).... on the shallow end, 40K at home @ $20 per ticket + parking + concessions + game sponsors + merchandisers. What is that?

I donated last July & fall with 4 shirts @ $25 per + a red Gordon "J" at $35 only because I convinced him he's my kinfolk (our cuz, @Blacknbengal ).
So why hasn't JSU walked away from their Texas State or ULM games as they are paying just as much as Fred was paying them for games?

This will never make it to trial! It'll be settled in a month or so! Nobody wants all the unwanted attention and Fred still needs the JSU fans to show up and support this event. If we are forced to play and the fans boycott he loses as well so It's in everyones best interest to resolve this out of court.

This will never make it to trial! It'll be settled in a month or so! Nobody wants all the unwanted attention and Fred still needs the JSU fans to show up and support this event. If we are forced to play and the fans boycott he loses as well so It's in everyones best interest to resolve this out of court.
The best option would be JSU fulfilling its contractual obligations through 2024 and then moving on as FAMU and TSU did with the AFC. Classics aren't meant to last forever and I personally prefer home and home agreements. But a breached contract is a breached contract.

Heck, a chance to renegotiate terms would potentially be good for all parties honestly.

The best option would be JSU fulfilling its contractual obligations through 2024 and then moving on as FAMU and TSU did with the AFC. Classics aren't meant to last forever and I personally prefer home and home agreements. But a breached contract is a breached contract.

Heck, a chance to renegotiate terms would potentially be good for all parties honestly.
That train has left the station! Not gonna happen! It will get resolved in due time... Just fodder for the masses right now. This type of situation happens everyday in my world so I'm not worried about the outcome. It'll work itself out when wiser men meet.

So why hasn't JSU walked away from their Texas State or ULM games as they are paying just as much as Fred was paying them for games?
A regional, travel friendly game vs g5 programs in which to show the world they can kick fbs arse perhaps? I don't have that true answer. Why not call AD Robinson and hear it straight from his mouth: 601-979-2360.

I am not too proud to say on the web that I do not know, unlike others who make dumb assumptions and wishful wants of negativity. I, like everyone, have full transparency in the program and the program's direction.

24 months ago this very second, JSU football coaching, player personnel, notoriety, and facilities were NOT at the level we see today.

JSU (football) on nationwide OTA The Tonight Show, on ESPN flavors almost monthly, over social media everywhere, on my raggedy assed chest Sat before last as I attended a trailride lol, ... everywhere.

Back