Southern Heritage Classic Part 2

See, I be good til y'all act like Fred and TSU didn't flex that contract on y'all. JSU had called it done and over with most of y'all shouting to the masses that y'all were happy. But y'all didn't let the other parties involved know the right way. So they flexed hard and now JSU is playing. And unless there's a buyout, for the remainder of that contract.
The buyout amount has to be more than the amount that’s owed to JSU (350K). The buyout is probably somewhere near the total revenue made from this game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Good question. I recall coach Prime speaking on the unnecessary need of "fbs money games" for JSU immediately after the ulm game.
If the goal is to be the tide to raise all boats; I’m fine with it. I just really hope people did their HW. It’s gonna take two people to tango.

If the goal is to be the tide to raise all boats; I’m fine with it. I just really hope people did their HW. It’s gonna take two people to tango.
Always. Does NDSU or JMU need to go play $$$ games with a promoter and another remote urban area making $$$ off their brand?

Same situation for JSU, except their home game average is beyond phenomenal, especially at the fcs level.

Invite bohank university to THEE Vet and have an attendance north of 47K-48K+ @ $25 a pop plus parking plus concession plus merchandising plus sponsors plus tv viewership sponsor.... cha-chingggggg!!!

Y’all so focused on whether or not deoin leaving and jsu business that y’all missing the big picture of Tennessee State needing to be out of the ovc like yesterday. I’m sure they play three HBCUs a year and I’ll bet my house outside of hc that’s probably their highest attended games. I keep saying it some of y’all making Calculus out of 2 plus 2 or yelling loud and wrong taken out of context articles to get your 15 sec reaction … think about it… Tennessee state in the meac or swac… the matchups… the interest… your school playing them and getting this money too… it’s bigger than j state and Tennessee state… when we gone want better for ourselves man truth be told jsu should’ve never re-upped the deal to continue in the shc and that’s the truth.

Y’all so focused on whether or not deoin leaving and jsu business that y’all missing the big picture of Tennessee State needing to be out of the ovc like yesterday. I’m sure they play three HBCUs a year and I’ll bet my house outside of hc that’s probably their highest attended games. I keep saying it some of y’all making Calculus out of 2 plus 2 or yelling loud and wrong taken out of context articles to get your 15 sec reaction … think about it… Tennessee state in the meac or swac… the matchups… the interest… your school playing them and getting this money too… it’s bigger than j state and Tennessee state… when we gone want better for ourselves man truth be told jsu should’ve never re-upped the deal to continue in the shc and that’s the truth.
I dont want 10C State over here. They can come to the SWAC after we leave.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Was this Fred Jones' reaction when he heard Jackson State tried to strong-arm its way out of playing in the SHC?

Zac Efron Animation GIF by SCOOB!

Real talk ... there are no winners is this ...

Always. Does NDSU or JMU need to go play $$$ games with a promoter and another remote urban area making $$$ off their brand?

Same situation for JSU, except their home game average is beyond phenomenal, especially at the fcs level.

Invite bohank university to THEE Vet and have an attendance north of 47K-48K+ @ $25 a pop plus parking plus concession plus merchandising plus sponsors plus tv viewership sponsor.... cha-chingggggg!!!

yes and no. Both NDSU and JMU aren't really schools you can compare to Jackson State. Financially both are in a better position. For instance in 2018 , JSU athletic budget was 7.8 million

NDSU stadium is at 90% occupancy every game and they have a 8 year waiting list for season tickets. When they do the classic format they get FBS money. NDSU vs Butler in Lucas Oil stadium earned NDSU 500k net profit in 2019. Their athletic budget is 24.5 million

James Madison doesn't need FBS game money .

They charge $2,225 a year per student in athletic fees. They have over 21,000 students. At 21,000 x 2,225 a year they generate almost 47 million for athletics before sponsorships and media deals.

Last edited:
yes and no. Both NDSU and JMU aren't really schools you can compare to Jackson State. Financially both are in a better position. For instance in 2018 , JSU athletic budget was 7.8 million

NDSU stadium is at 90% occupancy every game and they have a 8 year waiting list for season tickets. When they do the classic format they get FBS money. NDSU vs Butler in Lucas Oil stadium earned NDSU 500k net profit in 2019. Their athletic budget is 24.5 million

James Madison doesn't need FBS game money .

They charge $2,225 a year per student in athletic fees. They have over 21,000 students. At 21,000 x 2,225 a year they generate almost 47 million for athletics before sponsorships and media deals.

You are speaking 2018 JSU revenue generation vs 2021+ JSU revenue generation. That is where JSU is right now, self-sufficient not requiring a $$$ game vs fbs to sustain its football program coupled with too many upgrades in its football dept, which does compare to the same exclusive boat that NDSU and JMU also float in.

Why would a team that avgs north of 47K-48K+ for home games need a remote "classic" or fbs $$$ game when it has its own $1-2+M local affect in its home stadium? lol Unless, they are receiving what they would/could potentially receive at home in another locale (B'ham).

I'm aware of what NDSU did in regionally friendly travel to MN for that season opening game and also about theirs and JMU's football budgets/overall athletic budgets coupled with their student #s/season pkgs (NDSU).

Because your coach gets 10 percent of the gate when attendance is over 30k. Coach Prime would be silly to not have as many home games as possible. So I get it

Your AD literally just signed two FBS deals in 23 and 24. So if you don't need FBS games why sign those?

Because your coach gets 10 percent of the gate when attendance is over 30k. Coach Prime would be silly to not have as many home games as possible. So I get it

Your AD literally just signed two FBS deals in 23 and 24. So if you don't need FBS games why sign those?
Those games been signed. Y'all try to keep up with more JSU news than you do your own schools and be loud and wrong.

Those games been signed. Y'all try to keep up with more JSU news than you do your own schools and be loud and wrong.
Coach Prime hired Sept 2020

Contracts were announced on 9/23/21 for Texas State and ULM

Coach Prime called FBS games sellouts on 12/28/21

So the question is if Coach Prime feels that FBS games are sellouts and all money ain't good money, then why schedule those 2 FBS games then?

No one is trying to keep up with Coach Prime and JSU but when he's in the news cycle for HBCU sports every 24 hrs , why be mad that people are discussing it? Is this what you wanted , attention on your program and school

Back