Southern Heritage Classic Part 2

This should make Glenda and Tnsu family happy. At least for 2022. Then they’re back angry again. But at least now the promoters have plenty time to find a replacement.
Ultimately, if a contract is signed, you have to honor it.

Y'all definitely had the right idea though. If you can draw 50,000 fans at home at $20 per ticket, why settle for 300k? I can't do anything but respect that. Money talks, 💩 walks.

The contract says yesterday’s price IS today’s price.

Correct

Either spend millions fighting how you are getting pimped but still breach the contract or run to Memphis for one more year and be scott free after September 10

(BTW, I stil agree with them leaving the SHC but I would have thought they had better sense than to just try to leave

Shiiiiiddddddd, 🤣😂🤣 y'all playing in Memphis right.....🤣😂🤣

Don't matter what happens next year, JSU is playing in Memphis THIS year. Tell em Dollar Bill, I mean Fred Jones about how that contract works.🤣😂🤣
That's fine. I wanted to see a 2nd year Eddie George team anyway. I'm just not spending any money in Memphis. But ole Fred Jones gonna hear that "Pop" before long. And I'm good with that.

But in all seriousness, JSU should have just either gotten with TSU and renegotiated or just bought it out.
As I said before, the deal is bad but there's a way to go about doing it right. And someone somewhere felt they could flex and there wouldn't be repercussions. There's too many people relying on that game (fans in Memphis, city of Memphis, TSU, Fred Jones, even JSU before the wins) just for it to be dismissed as if it was nothing.

But in all seriousness, JSU should have just either gotten with TSU and renegotiated or just bought it out.
As I said before, the deal is bad but there's a way to go about doing it right. And someone somewhere felt they could flex and there wouldn't be repercussions. There's too many people relying on that game (fans in Memphis, city of Memphis, TSU, Fred Jones, even JSU before the wins) just for it to be dismissed as if it was nothing.
It will be bought out after this year. Remember we have 2 more years left. But the Powers that Be determined that this is the Last Ride.

It will not be as simple to walk away as a lot of people may think. Too many people have money at stake with a signed contract.
Maybe the SWAC can negotiate for Birmingham to pay the buyout for the remaining two years. Even with that, you still may have repercussions from other entities who have a vested interest in the game.

Last edited:
It will be bought out after this year. Remember we have 2 more years left. But the Powers that Be determined that this is the Last Ride.
See, I be good til y'all act like Fred and TSU didn't flex that contract on y'all. JSU had called it done and over with most of y'all shouting to the masses that y'all were happy. But y'all didn't let the other parties involved know the right way. So they flexed hard and now JSU is playing. And unless there's a buyout, for the remainder of that contract.

Last edited:
See, I be good til y'all act like Fred and TSU didn't flex that contract on y'all. JSU had called it done and over with all most of y'all was shouting to the masses that y'all were but didn't let the other parties involved know the right way. So they flexed hard and now JSU is playing. And unless there's a buyout, for the remainder of that contract.
We STILL don't GAD. We ain't worried bout no 10C State, Burning Bed Fred, Memphis, or anyone that's not JSU. Either you Fam with us or you the MF Enemy. Period.

And when it's time to make that move, only a few certain schools coming with us. Just make sure YOUR house is in order while yall sweeping around our door.

Back