Southern Heritage Classic Part 2

It is not JSU's job to stimulate the city of Memphis economy every year or make money for the promotor. The city of Jackson economy needs boosted more than ever now. We are Jackson State University not the University of Memphis. If they want teams from Mississippi to play in Memphis, maybe Ole Miss should play the University of Memphis every year in Memphis or Mississippi State should play the University of Memphis every year in Memphis. Ole Miss and Mississippi State could move the Egg Bowl to Memphis ever year. Of course, Ole Miss or Mississippi State would never agree to such a stupid idea.
White folks don't care for Memphis in the same way black folks do in my opinion ... their favorite major Tennessee city is Nashville. When Memphis played Mississippi State last year, they didn't even break 50K and both teams were 2-0 heading into the game. And lets not forget Memphis white population is declining the fastest ... they get the heck out of Memphis.

It is not advantageous for JSU, at all.

Everyone, including the city, is making valuable $$$$ off the product (JSU football).

JSU is solidly in a position to earn valuable $$$ simply by hosting home games and keeping the percentages of gate, concession fees, parking, vendor, et al fees.

Exactly

That's that "general fund" stuff that I can't stand because we still don't know how that money was spent

And yeah... right now JSU could easily make $1 mil+ at home with TSU with 50K. Can TSU say the same thing? That's why I've seen a lot of them crying online about JSU ending it (see the tweet I posted)

That tweet didnt turn out as the promoter thought it would because SWAC people know the deal and are callling out the SHC, Memphis and of course the janky promoter for the SHC ending. When you have to use a white person who dont give a damn about Memphis or the SHC to make a point, you lost

Jackson State University paid $800,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by Summitt Management Corporation in 2022 after the school pulled out of the final two years of its contract to play in the Southern Heritage Classic football game.

The settlement documents were obtained exclusively by the Clarion Ledger through a Freedom of Information Act public records request. According to the documents, the lawsuit was settled on or about Oct. 31, 2022.

According to the lawsuit, Jackson State and Summitt Management Corporation entered into a five-year agreement on or about Sept. 10, 2019, for the football team to play in the Southern Heritage Classic. In February 2022, Jackson State said it would not play in the Southern Heritage Classic in 2023 and 2024.

Jackson State has a fan base that follows them win, lose, or draw! Prime opened our eyes to the pimping that was going on for years. If the promoters want to do right, then we are listening! Otherwise, we can do our own JSU Woke Classic. We need to put something together quick to get our money back.

Jackson State has a fan base that follows them win, lose, or draw! Prime opened our eyes to the pimping that was going on for years. If the promoters want to do right, then we are listening! Otherwise, we can do our own JSU Woke Classic. We need to put something together quick to get our money back.
That FAMU game is going to fill the place up. Rattlers will be there. Should help JSU budget. I see a sellout.👍🏽

Back