SCG Race

I was enjoying the back and forth banter until I read this. I must admit...I frowned a little bit. But it's all good. LOL Great dialogue. Too bad many of us didn't get a chance to witness Ace Mumford in his hey day.
I didnt either, just know this Coach Mumford has a stadium named after him before Coach Rob thats how great Coach Mumford was and Coach Rob respected Southern to the most high. Its a book called " Bayou Classic" Coach Rob said Coach Mumford and Coach Pete use to kick my ass!! Lol

Yes...Pete had Coach Rob's number. I've personally witnessed many unhappy trips back up Hwy167 to the crib....LOL

I didnt either, just know this Coach Mumford has a stadium named after him before Coach Rob thats how great Coach Mumford was and Coach Rob respected Southern to the most high. Its a book called " Bayou Classic" Coach Rob said Coach Mumford and Coach Pete use to kick my ass!! Lol

East
Standings
Conference Pct. PF PA Overall Pct. PF PA Home Away Neutral Streak
Alcorn 3-1 .750 120 103 5-3 .625 231 192 3-1 2-2 0-0 Lost 1
Alabama A&M 3-1 .750 120 76 3-4 .429 127 201 3-0 0-4 0-0 Won 1
Miss. Valley State 1-2 .333 58 118 2-5 .286 128 308 1-1 1-4 0-0 Won 1
Alabama State 1-2 .333 33 74 1-5 .167 60 142 0-4 1-1 0-0 Won 1
Jackson State 0-3 .000 53 107 0-7 .000 96 256 0-4 0-3 0-0 Lost 7

West
Standings
Conference Pct. PF PA Overall Pct. PF PA Home Away Neutral Streak
Grambling 3-0 1.000 113 41 6-1 .857 217 135 3-0 2-1 1-0 Won 5
Southern U. 2-1 .667 101 79 4-3 .571 163 197 3-0 1-3 0-0 Won 3
Prairie View A&M 2-2 .500 114 77 2-4 .333 158 165 1-2 1-2 0-0 Lost 2
Arkansas-Pine Bluff 1-2 .333 79 92 2-5 .286 143 242 1-2 1-3 0-0 Lost 3
Texas Southern 0-2 .000 29 53 0-6 .000 73 178 0-3 0-3 0-0 Lost 6

Today, TX SWAC football stadiums > LA SWAC football stadiums

Doesn't mean shit when the annual texas beatdown occurs.

GSU/SU players and coaches have that dog in them; that's why we're constantly taking Ls in football. I'm not a homer. I have to tell it (truth) like it tee-eye-is.

A D-2 game should only be played at the SWAC school. I was having this discussion at the game with a guy who said why doesn't Tech play at Grambling.

Some of our people really don't understand football, which is why they are so confused about how things really work.

Although I didn't like the fact JSU traveled to Alabama to play Tuskegee, but one thing I do like about JSU, even though they took a L from Tuskegee, they will always talk trash and remind Tuskegee that they are still just a D2 program.

Doesn't mean shit when the annual texas beatdown occurs.

GSU/SU players and coaches have that dog in them; that's why we're constantly taking Ls in football. I'm not a homer. I have to tell it (truth) like it tee-eye-is.

Grambling St leads the all time series 46-18-3 vs TxSU

Grambling St leads the all time series 51-17-2 vs Pv

Southern leads the all time series 52-29-2 vs Pv

Southern leads the all time series 46-20-3 TxSU

Some of our people really don't understand football, which is why they are so confused about how things really work.

Like the guy from SSU that said that there wasn't much difference between FCS and D2.

When I asked him if that were true, then why were they dropping back down to D2 again, he couldn't explain his rationale . lol

Grambling St leads the all time series 46-18-3 vs TxSU

Grambling St leads the all time series 51-17-2 vs Pv

Southern leads the all time series 52-29-2 vs Pv

Southern leads the all time series 46-20-3 TxSU

Dang blue I was hoping it wouldn't come to posting facts. :( If that's not dominance I don't know what is. smgdh

SU is the ONLY HBCU if I'm not mistaken. I'm not talking one and done.

I have seen a GREAT GSU team nut the hell up in the classic then go on and win the SWAC Championship. There were times I was like really GSU. LOL...Each time it was that damn red in the uniforms.. LMAO!!!!

The records this year will be 36-33 and 23-21. If Fobbs sticks around another 5 or 6 years he may pull one of those Pete Richardson decades. :LOL

Excluding those one and done games, there's only 3 HBCUs that leads us in the all-time series and most of them got that lead after the Mumford years, especially in the 70's and 80's.

Last edited:

Also with the race. If AAMU beats Alabama State this weekend and Valley loses to Jackson St., Valley will be out of it.

Like the guy from SSU that said that there wasn't much difference between FCS and D2.

When I asked him if that were true, then why were they dropping back down to D2 again, he couldn't explain his rationale . lol

I can see it coming. They will be just like that other former MEAC school in North Carolina who decided to move back down to the D2 level. Always complaining because their former FCS MEAC rivalries won't schedule a home and home series with them. I'm sure FAMU, BCU, and SCState will be their main targets. D2 HBCUs see the Bayou Classic, the Magic City Classic, the Florida Classic, the State Fair Classic in Texas, the Southern Heritage Classic, and the Celebration Bowl and want to get in on the action. I blame the MEAC conference for not properly vetting those schools to maintain FCS status for at least 20 years. This is one reason why schools like Langston and Tuskegee haven't move to the FCS level.

Also, that former MEAC school in North Carolina that dropped back down to D2 is experiencing a drastic decline in home attendance while the two current MEAC schools in North Carolina are having a bit of success.

Last edited:
I knew yall were going to be better than last year. Yall returned just about everything except yall QB

You just never know. Tulane blasted Grambling, but got beat convincingly by FIU. Alcorn played tough against FIU and only lost by a TD. After that, I thought they were actually better than Grambling. Saturday just showed us once again that it doesn't work that way. As far as Alcorn being exposed, I just don't agree. Even if they were exposed, they have already beaten the 3rd most dangerous team in the SWAC (SU) convincingly. Alcorn can still win the SGC.
SU had injuries, QB, D line, WR, plus our young skill players have now found their stride.

Alcorn always do this. They spend so much effort on us that they are completely burnt and unfocus by the time they play gram.

Y'all just played horrible yesterday. It was as if they never saw a football before.

What was it? Three to five "UNFORCED" turnovers.

I honestly stop counting and watching after the third.
Tell it Blue

After this Saturday it is down to 9 teams in the running. Texas Southern is the first team to be eliminated.

After this Saturday it is down to 9 teams in the running. Texas Southern is the first team to be eliminated.
Lets be realistic lol

Alcorn with a win next week will clinch or aamu l?

Classic likely deciding the West

Last edited:
Back