SCG Race

When your school has 0 football pedigree, swing from the you-know-whats of another school. lol

I don't have a dog in this fight........

I'm not so naive or so UAPB that I can't give Grambling State their props. Their football program is synonymous with championships and the Grambling State University Tigers have etched their name in college football among the greats in this country. I'm not taking anything away from GSU nor do I speak ill or disrespectfully of the late Eddie Robinson, but Southern University has also etched their name in college football without the privilege of having a legend to back them. Their (SU) presence in our conference since they joined in the 30's has always been duly noticed, and their dominance during almost all of the 90's decades forced the conference and the nation to recognize them as a powerhouse in Louisiana that's just as great as Grambling. They (SU) too have produced NFL athletes, and they too have produced an NFL Hall of Famer (also one in basketball I believe). As far as the SCG, both GSU and SU have lost the same number of games (2) each time they went. Grambling leads the BC by only 1 win since its inception in 1974. Again, I mean no disrespect to Grambling, and I mean no disrespect to you @tsugraytiger but Grambling is no longer the King of HBCU Football in Louisiana.
I can respect what you said. But I'll take Ace William Mumford over Eddie Robinson all day everyday! Grambling didnt start having success until Coach Mumford died. Mind u Coach Rob coached at Grambling from 41-97. Mumford died i believe in 66. Before Coach Mumford passed Grambling was an easy win! Its just most people on here never saw that all they saw was Grambling back in the 70s. Thats y the other 9 swac schools b so afraid when they see Grambling but when Grambling see My Jags across that field they know they have to come wit it!! But i do respect where u coming from.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself"- Augustine

Southern University and A&M College football/athletic record speaks for itself. When you're good, you don't need to prove it to anyone, not even yourself. You just know.

In some cases, when your own school can't get the job done, you find another school(s) (grambling and skegee) to ride with. Some folks have no shame when it comes to swinging from the private parts of others.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself"- Augustine

Southern University and A&M College football/athletic record speaks for itself. When you're good, you don't need to prove it to anyone, not even yourself.
True because im a Leo

Southern and Alcorn are mediocre at best as well. The best team is Grambling, the only way they will lose in the SWAC is if they beat themselves or injuries.

Division I-FCS Southern defeated JSU by 18. Division II Tuskegee defeated JSU by 26.

And Alcorn got blown out by a marginally above average GSU that struggled with Division II Clark Atlanta ... Alcorn has officially been exposed.

You just never know. Tulane blasted Grambling, but got beat convincingly by FIU. Alcorn played tough against FIU and only lost by a TD. After that, I thought they were actually better than Grambling. Saturday just showed us once again that it doesn't work that way. As far as Alcorn being exposed, I just don't agree. Even if they were exposed, they have already beaten the 3rd most dangerous team in the SWAC (SU) convincingly. Alcorn can still win the SGC.

I can respect what you said. But I'll take Ace William Mumford over Eddie Robinson all day everyday! Grambling didnt start having success until Coach Mumford died. Mind u Coach Rob coached at Grambling from 41-97. Mumford died i believe in 66. Before Coach Mumford passed Grambling was an easy win! Its just most people on here never saw that all they saw was Grambling back in the 70s. Thats y the other 9 swac schools b so afraid when they see Grambling but when Grambling see My Jags across that field they know they have to come wit it!! But i do respect where u coming from.
lol

It's hard to argue with someone who knows very little about the difference between FCS programs and D2 programs, especially when it comes to the number of athletic programs and the equal allotment of male and female scholarships per Title IX or the equal opportunity act for male and female athletes.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Taking one game at a time. That Alcorn lost hurt us, we have to run the table.

I see everyone else is scared of GSU smh. So it may come down to us
Thats all that it is but sheeeesh and no it didnt hurt. We gotta play ball because if we beat uapb txsu and pv than the classic gonna determine either way.

You just never know. Tulane blasted Grambling, but got beat convincingly by FIU. Alcorn played tough against FIU and only lost by a TD. After that, I thought they were actually better than Grambling. Saturday just showed us once again that it doesn't work that way. As far as Alcorn being exposed, I just don't agree. Even if they were exposed, they have already beaten the 3rd most dangerous team in the SWAC (SU) convincingly. Alcorn can still win the SGC.
A game in which we were up on them early on with a qb on one leg

. IMO, both the SWAC and MEAC conferences should ban their schools from playing D2 schools at neutral sites or some home and home game series.

A D-2 game should only be played at the SWAC school. I was having this discussion at the game with a guy who said why doesn't Tech play at Grambling.

You do realize Southern leads the overall series with Grambling 36 - 32. They lead us in the Bayou Classic results by one game 22 - 21. I believe you meant to say Southern and Grambling = King of Texas HBCU football. I believe we are one of the few HBCUs that leads Grambling in the overall series. It's definitely not healthy being a delusional cellar dweller. I suggest you head over to that other message board and get all cozy with Skegee's gonads. I'm sure WSSU would love a little cozy time too. And by the way, Southern leads the Skegee series too 10 - 1.

View attachment 5456
View attachment 5457

SU is the ONLY HBCU if I'm not mistaken. I'm not talking one and done.

I have seen a GREAT GSU team nut the hell up in the classic then go on and win the SWAC Championship. There were times I was like really GSU. LOL...Each time it was that damn red in the uniforms.. LMAO!!!!

The records this year will be 36-33 and 23-21. If Fobbs sticks around another 5 or 6 years he may pull one of those Pete Richardson decades. :LOL

I don't get in to which HBCU in Louisiana is the best when it comes to football. It's a null argument and stupid debate.

Moreover I even hate that GSU came up in this conversation. I will say it like this a bad GSU is bad for the SWAC. Let that set in for a second.

Also, every year no matter how bad Southern was the year before they are ALWAYS in the conversation concerning the SWAC Championship. Let that set in for a second.

I don't get in to which HBCU in Louisiana is the best when it comes to football. It's a null argument and stupid debate.

Moreover I even hate that GSU came up in this conversation. I will say it like this a bad GSU is bad for the SWAC. Let that set in for a second.

Also, every year no matter how bad Southern was the year before they are ALWAYS in the conversation concerning the SWAC Championship. Let that set in for a second.
Without Southern and Grambling its no Swac and i know that im from Jackson but went to Southern.

Alcorn always do this. They spend so much effort on us that they are completely burnt and unfocus by the time they play gram.

Y'all just played horrible yesterday. It was as if they never saw a football before.

What was it? Three to five "UNFORCED" turnovers.

I honestly stop counting and watching after the third.

I was enjoying the back and forth banter until I read this. I must admit...I frowned a little bit. But it's all good. LOL Great dialogue. Too bad many of us didn't get a chance to witness Ace Mumford in his hey day.

Back