SCG Race

Let's be frank.....You are miserable because txsu has a poor football program. You have been running down SWAC football since your delusion of grandeur thoughts of your tigers competing have been crushed. This is nothing new and all of your people hyperbole over the summer was not fooling anyone. Misery loves company and unfortunately we don't have a low self esteem forum. txsu is a basketball school and their fans should have a restraining order when it comes to talking about football. txsu is a commuter school that plays football games in an orange soccer stadium...It is who you people are and the sooner you accept your lot in football life the better the depression will get.......Don't shoot the messenger for calling out transparency....

I been running down the SWAC once I seen the final products on the field. I had high hopes for the SWAC (especially TxSU) but of course my expectations didn't meet reality. I watched every SWAC football team play this season so my statements are valid.

So sure deflect, that's what delusional fans (especially Jaguar Nation) are good at. Like I said before, people only remembers who was in first place which at the end of the day will belong to Grambling and you will be rooting them on in Atlanta on ABC while your team is at home playing Madden on XBOX just like my team will be doing. Only Grambling fans should be flexing, not SU ... let's be clear ya'll are irrelevant too just like us. Every conversation about who will win the HBCU National Championship in ATL I listened to NEVER included SU.

How many coaches Grambling fired this season? Grambling football program has historically been superior to SU and it will continue. Grambling = King of Louisiana HBCU football.

Last edited:
I been running down the SWAC once I seen the final products on the field. I had high hopes for the SWAC (especially TxSU) but of course my expectations didn't meet reality. I watched every SWAC football team play this season so my statements are valid.

So sure deflect, that's what delusional fans (especially Jaguar Nation) are good at. Like I said before, people only remembers who was in first place which at the end of the day will belong to Grambling and you will be rooting them on in Atlanta on ABC while your team is at home playing Madden on XBOX just like my team will be doing. Only Grambling fans should be flexing, not SU ... let's be clear ya'll are irrelevant too just like us. Every conversation about who will win the HBCU National Championship in ATL I listened to NEVER included SU.

How many coaches Grambling fired this season? Grambling football program has historically been superior to SU and it will continue. Grambling = King of Louisiana HBCU football.

You do realize Southern leads the overall series with Grambling 36 - 32. They lead us in the Bayou Classic results by one game 22 - 21. I believe you meant to say Southern and Grambling = King of Texas HBCU football. I believe we are one of the few HBCUs that leads Grambling in the overall series. It's definitely not healthy being a delusional cellar dweller. I suggest you head over to that other message board and get all cozy with Skegee's gonads. I'm sure WSSU would love a little cozy time too. And by the way, Southern leads the Skegee series too 10 - 1.

upload_2017-10-22_20-18-13.png
upload_2017-10-22_20-18-41.png

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And the one time we played WSSU in 1992, we beat them 47 - 14 and stole their coach (Pete Richardson). LMAO!!! That's how FCS HBCUs should always treat D2 HBCUs. LOL!!!

You clearly don't have a clue

You do realize Southern leads the overall series with Grambling 36 - 32. They lead us in the Bayou Classic results by one game 22 - 21. I believe you meant to say Southern and Grambling = King of Texas HBCU football. I believe we are one of the few HBCUs that leads Grambling in the overall series. It's definitely not healthy being a delusional cellar dweller. I suggest you head over to that other message board and get all cozy with Skegee's gonads. I'm sure WSSU would love a little cozy time too. And by the way, Southern leads the Skegee series too 10 - 1.

View attachment 5456
View attachment 5457
Who is this guy? He clearly dont know football. The people that he surrounds himself with are probably more band geeks. Smh

View attachment 5456
View attachment 5457

If you go back and look on the wikipedia pages of both programs. You'll see Grambling has way more SWAC titles and HBCU National Championships which was my point. Also they sent more players to the NFL than SU in Baton Rouge.

If you go back and look on the wikipedia pages of both programs. You'll see Grambling has way more SWAC titles and HBCU National Championships which was my point. Also they sent more players to the NFL than SU in Baton Rouge.

So them having 15 National Black Championships to our 11 National Black Championships equates to being way more in your small mind. IMO, what's way more is like 15 to 2 or 11 to 2. Two is the number of National Black Championships your alum mater (TxSU) has, but I'm really not sure if you are from TxSU.

I don't have a clue but SU has yet to defeat a FCS team with an above .500 winning average and you expect me to take them seriously. Get out of town.

And who TxSU beat yet??? Grambling just defeated their first FCS opponent above .500. With teams like TxSU, it would be hard to defeat a bunch of above .500 teams.

Last edited:
So them having 15 National Black Championships to our 11 National Black Championships equates to being way more in your small mind. IMO, what's way more is like 15 to 2 or 11 to 2. Two is the number of National Black Championships your alum mater (TxSU) has, but I'm really not sure if you are from TxSU.

Yes 4 is a big difference considering how difficult it is to attain that title. And TxSU isn't a football power, I'm not delusional. I never had a problem admitting the truth.

Southern and Alcorn are mediocre at best as well. The best team is Grambling, the only way they will lose in the SWAC is if they beat themselves or injuries.

Division I-FCS Southern defeated JSU by 18. Division II Tuskegee defeated JSU by 26.

And Alcorn got blown out by a marginally above average GSU that struggled with Division II Clark Atlanta ... Alcorn has officially been exposed.
Are we forgetting Grambling beat D-2 Clark Atlanta by 12 and actually beat JSU by fewer points than we did?

Are we forgetting Grambling beat D-2 Clark Atlanta by 12 and actually beat JSU by fewer points than we did?

No but Grambling has seemingly gotten better as the season progresses. They made a statement last night with the Alcorn ass whooping.

No but Grambling has seemingly gotten better as the season progresses. They made a statement last night with the Alcorn ass whooping.
And you're certaintly forgetting that we played pretty much the entire 1st half of the season with an injured QB that is finally starting to get healthy. 4-3 with Austin injured is a great spot to be in. All we have to do is win out and we're in. Y'all may be afraid of Grambling, but Southern is never scared of them and we will be in New Orleans to win it. However we are taking one game at a time. UAPB is now on the clock.

Yes 4 is a big difference considering how difficult it is to attain that title. And TxSU isn't a football power, I'm not delusional. I never had a problem admitting the truth.

We can continue on with this trivial mess, such as Southern being the only SWAC school to have won all their games in the SWAC/MEAC Challenge, but that still doesn't change the fact that TxSU is a historical/hysterical sorry program. You just need to go ahead and let Skegee know how much you love getting cozy with them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Southern and Alcorn are mediocre at best as well. The best team is Grambling, the only way they will lose in the SWAC is if they beat themselves or injuries.

Division I-FCS Southern defeated JSU by 18. Division II Tuskegee defeated JSU by 26.

And Alcorn got blown out by a marginally above average GSU that struggled with Division II Clark Atlanta ... Alcorn has officially been exposed.

Alcorn has its flaws just like Grambling has its flaws. If yall turn the ball over 7 times I am quite sure yall will lose by more than 27 points. Yall lost to a winless Alabama St. team at home. What does that say about yall? Alcorn will be ok.

And you're certaintly forgetting that we played pretty much the entire 1st half of the season with an injured QB that is finally starting to get healthy. 4-3 with Austin injured is a great spot to be in. All we have to do is win out and we're in. Y'all may be afraid of Grambling, but Southern is never scared of them and we will be in New Orleans to win it. However we are taking one game at a time. UAPB is now on the clock.

With the spotty play of Austin due to his injury, it ain't looking good. I'm surprised he made it through JSU the way he was hopping off the field and shit.

Austin is playing scared b/c he don't want to worsen his injury. He can't do that against GSU

I don't have a dog in this fight........

I'm not so naive or so UAPB that I can't give Grambling State their props. Their football program is synonymous with championships and the Grambling State University Tigers have etched their name in college football among the greats in this country. I'm not taking anything away from GSU nor do I speak ill or disrespectfully of the late Eddie Robinson, but Southern University has also etched their name in college football without the privilege of having a legend to back them. Their (SU) presence in our conference since they joined in the 30's has always been duly noticed, and their dominance during almost all of the 90's decades forced the conference and the nation to recognize them as a powerhouse in Louisiana that's just as great as Grambling. They (SU) too have produced NFL athletes, and they too have produced an NFL Hall of Famer (also one in basketball I believe). As far as the SCG, both GSU and SU have lost the same number of games (2) each time they went. Grambling leads the BC by only 1 win since its inception in 1974. Again, I mean no disrespect to Grambling, and I mean no disrespect to you @tsugraytiger but Grambling is no longer the King of HBCU Football in Louisiana.

I'm not so naive or so UAPB that I can't give Grambling State their props. Their football program is synonymous with championships and the Grambling State University Tigers have etched their name in college football among the greats in this country. I'm not taking anything away from GSU nor do I speak ill or disrespectfully of the late Eddie Robinson, but Southern University has also etched their name in college football without the privilege of having a legend to back them. Their (SU) presence in our conference since they joined in the 30's has always been duly noticed, and their dominance during almost all of the 90's decades forced the conference and the nation to recognize them as a powerhouse in Louisiana that's just as great as Grambling. They (SU) too have produced NFL athletes, and they too have produced an NFL Hall of Famer (also one in basketball I believe). As far as the SCG, both GSU and SU have lost the same number of games (2) each time they went. Grambling leads the BC by only 1 win since its inception in 1974. Again, I mean no disrespect to Grambling, and I mean no disrespect to you @tsugraytiger but Grambling is no longer the King of HBCU Football in Louisiana.

Also, a HOF'er (Lou Brock) in baseball, which might be the only one from a HBCU. Robert "Bob Butterbean" Love is our basketball HOF'er.

Also, a HOF'er (Lou Brock) in baseball, which might be the only one from a HBCU. Robert "Bob Butterbean" Love is our basketball HOF'er.

2 Football hall of famers, one baseball and also the only school with a player drafted #1 twice (Danny Goodwyn). Also two National Players of the Year in baseball I could go on but I'll stop there.

And our legendary coach died in the middle of his career.

Legendary Southern coach 'Ace' Mumford honored in West Virginia hometown that almost forgot him
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_3c96304e-8f0f-11e6-884c-ab5faea7abb2.html

It was a matter of coincidence that Wallace even figured out who Mumford was. He had established some relationships through basketball in Baton Rouge, and he called Southern to get some information on its basketball team for a magazine he was working for.

“I called the (sports information director), and when I gave him my address that I needed it mailed to — Buckhannon, West Virginia, where I lived at the time — he said that’s where their great coach, the individual who the stadium is named after, is from," Wallace said. "Well, I’d never heard of him."

His curiosity piqued, Wallace started researching Mumford and "was blown away by his accomplishments."

“He wasn’t only the greatest coach Southern University has had, he’s a Mount Rushmore figure in the history of black college football, and he also had a very pronounced impact on his players off the field," Wallace said. "We’ve got to get this story out in my town."

Last edited:

You call this disrespect? LOL. It ain't even close, besides I don't take anything on this forum seriously or to heart.

I hear what you saying but every SWAC team has produced NFL athletes and most a Hall of Famers so SU ain't special. And it's totally fine you don't think Grambling is the King of HBCU Football in Louisiana, I do again because the numbers don't lie. Overall, Grambling has won more championships than SU, sent more players to the NFL than SU, and they are on the horizon for even more success ... I follow the facts.

Last edited:
You call this disrespect? LOL. It ain't even close, besides I don't take anything on this forum seriously or to heart.

I hear what you saying but every SWAC team has produced NFL athletes and most Hall of Famers so SU ain't special. And it's totally fine you don't think Grambling is the King of HBCU Football in Louisiana, I do again because the numbers don't lie. Overall, Grambling has won more championships than SU, sent more players to the NFL than SU, and they are on the horizon for even more success ... I follow the facts.

Thank you.

So, are you basing your opinion that Grambling = King of Louisiana Football on the fact that GSU has won more championships and have sent more athletes to the NFL? Yes, those are facts, but Southern has done the same thing Grambling has done. The only thing that differs is the number of trips to the SCG. The way I see, the 2 are about on the same level; they are formidable foes in our Division, our Conference, and both have great football history and present-day football program.

However, if that is your logic and opinion, that's your right to believe so.

Back