Here are the 37 applicants for the UAPB football head coaching job

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have shown the tendency to make a "generic" statement that targets specific schools. I mentioned Grambling by name. Grambling is the last name fan base that needs to get on their high horse after a few years ago. Grambling and Alcorn were forced to up their scholarships by their recent hires and the results showed on the field. UAPB upped their scholarships last year. Now they need to make a quality hire. Valley will have scholarship upgrades as far as other planned upgrades for the new coach to benefit from. The plan is on the net for every one to see (Google is your friend) so as I said before humble yourself because I refuse to sit by and let Grambling people throw shade at Valley when no one in the SWAC should have that holier than thou mentality (because no one has had a consistent 5+ year run)

So why would Valley up the scholarships for the next coach but had Comegy to suffer? How many scholarships will Valley get? I know you wont answer any questions but Im just callin your BS.

Valley needs to go D2.

Exactly!!! Give someone else a chance. Comegy and Frazier and etc has had their chances in the swac.

Dooley deserves a chance as a HC. Ted White does too as does many other young coaches who may have onlt been coordinators.

Fobbs coached Tight Ends at Mcneese. No Head coaching experience whatsoever or even Coordinator experience. Thank God GSU took a chance on some NEW Blood.
Dooley saved Fobbs..

Please hire Dooley! New Blood is good for the conference. Maybe Todd can get an Opportunity too.

NEW BLOOD IN THE CONFERENCE IS NOT A BAD THING

REPEAT AFTER ME...NEW BLOOD IS NOT A BAD THING FOR OUR CONFERENCE. LOL.

Yes, I know. We've played them several times before (NAIA & SWAC). I'm still wondering why Coach Maxfield would consider leaving a successful program to start all over someplace else.

Just because it's D2 doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Its the difference between smalltime and bigtime...

Please hire Dooley! New Blood is good for the conference. Maybe Todd can get an Opportunity too.

NEW BLOOD IN THE CONFERENCE IS NOT A BAD THING

REPEAT AFTER ME...NEW BLOOD IS NOT A BAD THING FOR OUR CONFERENCE. LOL.

Calm down STC_60! :)

Coach Dooley is highly in demand. Right now, I believe he could get just about any HC job now. HE WILL GET HIRED! The question is: WHO'S OFFER WILL HE ACCEPT?

I don't know why, but I get a bad case of nausea when I think of the possible outcome......

My nerves are shot. I just want this all to be over!

Last edited:

More money?

Perhaps. But thinking logically (as a woman), why take a risk on something uncertain (just for more money or a division upgrade) when what you have is working well for you?

I can understand Coach Dooley wanting to advance as a head coach; I'm just not certain about Maxfield's reason(s).

Perhaps. But thinking logically (as a woman), why take a risk on something uncertain (just for more money or a division upgrade) when what you have is working well for you?

I can understand Coach Dooley wanting to advance as a head coach; I'm just not certain about Maxfield's reason(s).

Lioness, are you ready for Maxfield to be your HC?

Why would Maxfield's reason for advancement be riskier than Dooley? Dooley has iron clad job security at Grambling right now, and it doesn't appear that Fobbs is leaving any time soon.

Lioness, are you ready for Maxfield to be your HC?

As I said, I'm just ready for all of this to be over. I've been in prayer that the right decision be made, regardless. That's why I'm nervous; in the past, the decision was based on friendships and/or HBCU ties, which are just a few reasons we ended in the predicament we're trying to get out of.

Why would Maxfield's reason for advancement be riskier than Dooley? Dooley has iron clad job security at Grambling right now, and it doesn't appear that Fobbs is leaving any time soon.

I didn't say anything about Maxfield's reason for advancement would be risky, or that it's a move more risky for him than Coach Dooley. I only said, from my point of view, it doesn't make sense to leave a program that is successful to go someplace and start all over. Maxfield is already a head coach. I know Coach Dooley has a very good job at Grambling. But apparently he's ready to establish himself as a head coach, something that's not possible for him at Grambling (right now).

Whichever place he chooses, I wish him the best, but I'm worried about us right now. I just want the decision to be thought out carefully, with consideration of all facets of football, ESPECIALLY NCAA compliance and/or APR. Yes, winning is a factor, but so should compliance, and nobody is mentioning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back