Here are the 37 applicants for the UAPB football head coaching job

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your comments are a representation of JSU Athletics...then I fully understand why JSU has had coaching issues for the last 20 years.

You want to compare JSU athletics vs GSU athletics over the last 20 years?

I dont represent JSU Athletics. I am a fan/alum with a personal opinion of the things I have personally seen and observed.

His latter years with HSU look to be pretty successful. IF the source at the PBC is right, I wonder why he's considering UAPB. But he has been at HSU for quite some time.

I'm still wondering why Coach Maxfield would consider leaving a successful program to start all over someplace else.

from my point of view, it doesn't make sense to leave a program that is successful to go someplace and start all over.

From the article link:

Maxfield Agrees to Contract Extension at Henderson State

"When you have been as consistently successful as Coach Maxfield has been here at Henderson State, others take notice and covet it for their program," said Director of Athletics Shawn Jones.

I want to be clear, not once during this process did Scott ask for a thing from me or Henderson State. However, Dr. Jones and I wanted to show Scott and Beth Ann we want them to be Reddies until he coaches his final game. He has earned that with what he has done at Henderson. I am thrilled they have decided to continue their tremendously successful coaching journey at the program he has rebuilt and established into one of the most consistently successful in NCAA Division II."

Maxfield's victories rank second in program history and he is the only coach to lead Henderson to eight straight winning seasons. Since 2010, the winningest coach in the Great American Conference has compiled a 68-22 record, the best among all four-year Arkansas institutions. A three-time Coach of the Year honoree, Maxfield has guided the Reddies to a 54-12 GAC record which included a 27 game winning streak from 2011 to 2014.

I know HSU threw more money at Maxfield, and rightly so, but the article pretty much sums up what I pondered all along. It just didn't make sense to me for him to leave.

Dude only recieved a 5yr extension, no additional monies. Go figure, I'm of the opinion he had no intentions of coaching at UAPB and that's fine because whether we can get him or not Dooley is the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back