Grambling targeting Art Briles as offensive coordinator (per Football Scoop) [UPDATE - Officially hired!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
Find that man somewhere decent to stay in north Louisiana. People are wanting him here to beat “Deion”. Give him his opportunity to do it. The icon has been an afterthought for a while now. It’s time for them to be relevant in the present. That hire will make for great entertainment come this fall and some exciting matchups. The JSU/GSU in memorial = great for TV!

If gram admin wants him then who cares what everyone else thinks. Clearly they’re trying something different to get different results. I support it.
It would be great for TV as you got the battle of the wits between Prime and HueJack and BCF juggernauts on the gridiron which needs no introduction.

I am looking forward to Sept 17th. Back in the SWACpage days Gram / J-State game week was legendary on the smack board. The hate between JSU and Gran is not like SU / JSU (because the all time series is too lopsided), but Gram and J-State really should play every year. Alcorn and J-State are pretty much equal distance from Gram.

I don’t mind Gram … bring him on y’all staff… poke y’all chest out … have your school mascot founders Waste key strokes on the smack board… I want to punish Gram at their best to prove once and for all this our time… get thee behind… we don’t want to hear no excuses or history… bring ‘em and bring your arse cleetus … you gone be running up but you limping back… 😂😂😂
I see you talking

Subscribe to the HBCU Sports Newsletter

* indicates required
🤷🏽‍♂️ I know. So why all these Jackson folks panties up they ass?

I thought Briles basically ran a form of run-and-shoot at Baylor ... IJS we've seen similar offenses.

Or is it just that since Briles did it in the Big 12 ... folks are enamored.

Hell, Hal Mumme Air Raided Tim Couch into a No. 1 pick at Kentucky. at Southeastern ... Mumme wasn't as successful.

Briles Offense is a power spread with old school wing t and veer principles. He also a challenges defense vertical which is different than the Hal Mumme style spread offense.

Sooooo what's the difference between the Art Briles system and the high-powered offenses we've seen in the SWAC?
Think of Baylor prior to Briles - basically the laughing stock of the Big 12 and college football. With Briles’ offense and him steering the ship Baylor became the featured school in the Big 12, which is a monumental accomplishment considering ltheir historical futility. Baylor is still living off his impact with their recent Big 12 titles.

What HueJack has assembled at the skilled positions is arguably better than what Briles had at Baylor with the exception of RGIII. Return to glory tour is in hyperdrive with this hire. BCF will find real soon that we are still Grambling!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back