Grambling targeting Art Briles as offensive coordinator (per Football Scoop) [UPDATE - Officially hired!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheeesh. Some of these comments. I see folks already want this to go wrong so they can say “I told you so” alumni and non alumni.

Oh and I’ll leave the Doug comments alone. His closet is not squeaky clean at all.

Similar to SU recruiting Drake at WR? Art is cleared of any wrongdoing and paid a steep price despite being exonerated.

The fact is with HueJack and Art we will not be outcoached. Now we are building the G-Men arsenal to ensure we are not outmanned.
Drake been at SU since Fall 19 or spring 20 taking classes. We didn’t recruit him.

Drake been at SU since Fall 19 or spring 20 taking classes. We didn’t recruit him.
That may be the case, but you are not resisting him either.

That may be the case, but you are not resisting him either.

A girl can say I'm with you but not be fucking you 😆

I really don't understand this hire by GSU. Is Briles forking over some of the Baylor money and that's the real reason? Art Briles is damaged goods and will not be able to recruit or assist with fundraising with all of his baggage. It is safe to say some current sponsors will even seek to jump ship. Does GSU really expect his playcalling to be that special without the talent he had at UH or Baylor.

At the end of the day, this is on Scott and Gallot for allowing Hue to make this type of hire. Scratching my head on this one.

Dude was cleared after a five year investigation!! Look at what Miguel bonds did as a director in 2006 and still got hired!! At Talladega and he wasn’t cleared! Y’all expected famu director to be charged for his death of his drummajor he didn’t do it but he had to retire In order to get his full benefits come on the man was a good coach and tell Doug he can go support another swac team too not like he supported GramFam much anyway Hue is bringing in a new era and doing it his way!! He’s the head coach not Doug

Some of you act you haven’t lied for a friend or did some bullshit. Look the man was punished. Basically he is blackballed from FBS. Are we going to hold shit over some one’s head forever?

In my opinion Hue hired someone with a pure offensive mind. The object is to win.

You like how Clem Haskins, Abar Rouse and other black coaches have been kept out of PWI for their antics?
Nobody is forgiving them.
Meanwhile all is forgiven with Dave Bliss. Who RUINED 3 programs.

Lay in bed with a snake if you want but understand it comes with a price. Because who KNOWS what he will bring in with him.

And who knows what pushback Grambling will get. And pushback includes being BANNED from recruiting at certain high school. Yes I know of a school that had that done to them after they fired a black coach. They still have issues recruiting from that school district.

Ask Binghamton University was that one trip to the NCAA under Kevin Broadus (Morgan State HC) worth the 10 straight years of losing with 6 years of single digits wins they have since?

You like how Clem Haskins, Abar Rouse and other black coaches have been kept out of PWI for their antics?
Nobody is forgiving them.
Meanwhile all is forgiven with Dave Bliss. Who RUINED 3 programs.

Lay in bed with a snake if you want but understand it comes with a price. Because who KNOWS what he will bring in with him.

And who knows what pushback Grambling will get. And pushback includes being BANNED from recruiting at certain high school. Yes I know of a school that had that done to them after they fired a black coach. They still have issues recruiting from that school district.

Ask Binghamton University was that one trip to the NCAA under Kevin Broadus (Morgan State HC) worth the 10 straight years of losing with 6 years of single digits wins they have since?
How quickly we forget. We're doing a lot of forgiving and forgetting, but nobody forgives or forgets us.

Man Eddie Robinson turning over in his grave right now
He probably should have start turning over in their graves when they had mold infestation and subpar facilities and to still have the problems going on with these programs; just like Casem should have been rolling over in his with the same issues. Man we are still fighting the same battles with these racist legislators and their puppet administrators they continue to put people these in rolls at HBCU's. Carter G. Woodson warned us about this years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back