Grambling targeting Art Briles as offensive coordinator (per Football Scoop) [UPDATE - Officially hired!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is the 29,200 days of NFL coaching experience Prime bragged about his staff worth it. Based on the national embarrassment in the Celebration Bowl the jury is still out. No fear the conviction is coming on Sept. 17th.
All the Pressures on y’all. You have two of the most well rounded offensive minds in football, talent, and returning most of your defense I don’t want to hear no excuses. You don’t know what you are yet , but you’ve won the off-season for being the shiny new toy with exciting moves, hires, and some recruits, however, When you fail the 17th eat it humbly and give jsu their props. I fear Hue year 2 than Hue year 1… he doesn’t know his deficiencies yet but they’ll rear their head this season.

Wow

Absolutely no moral compass AT ALL
*raising my crusty old hand*

I hath none moral compass. Art Briles was in the top-3 choices we desired for head football coach at PV before the obvious replacement was already chosen.

We had to do something to mitigate this happening in the SWAC W. We are in the same division as natural power Gram and cheating assed Southern. We had to do something to overcome both in the same year. lol 😂

I heard Art Briles walks on water while calling those plays sometimes.

Hey man! He implemented some single-wing and power running concepts into his spread offense. And he did it at a church school. That's provocative. It gets the people going. We all shouldn't field teams.

I hath none moral compass. Art Briles was in the top-3 choices we desired for head football coach at PV before the obvious replacement was already chosen.

We had to do something to mitigate this happening in the SWAC W. We are in the same division as natural power Gram and cheating assed Southern. We had to do something to overcome both in the same year. lol 😂

Hey! If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' ... LOL

Who were the other two?

All the Pressures on y’all. You have two of the most well rounded offensive minds in football, talent, and returning most of your defense I don’t want to hear no excuses. You don’t know what you are yet , but you’ve won the off-season for being the shiny new toy with exciting moves, hires, and some recruits, however, When you fail the 17th eat it humbly and give jsu their props. I fear Hue year 2 than Hue year 1… he doesn’t know his deficiencies yet but they’ll rear their head this season.
G-Men will be battle tested by Sept 17th. With Hue alone, the Icon would be favored. With Briles, now you have to deal with the liability your mike LB in Miller presents on defense. Thurman could not stop run first SCSU QB from throwing 4 TDs. The question now is will the G-Men have 4TDs by the first quarter.

The vet is our home as the scoreboard is never more flipped than when the G-Men come to town. Have those scoreboard light bulb replacements ready. Daddy Grambling is coming home!

It’s interesting that people compare college coaching and pro coaching. These are two very different jobs. There are college coaches (Steve Spurrier) who coached the hell out of college but couldn’t do shit in the pros….Urban Meyer also….

But I guess it’s easier to put down the blackman

Last edited:
Coaching is Coaching. People compare highschool coaching to college and so on snd so forth. If you can coach is doesn't matter the level just as if you can't coach. A loser NFL coach will more likely be a loser college coach.

Headline: J-State’s 29,200 days of NFL coaching experience leads to national embarrassment for the SWAC

1645123255471.png
  • Keep in mind SCSU was the worst ever MEAC rep
  • Margin of defeat was the worst in Celebration Bowl history
  • 80 years of NFL coaching experience could not stymie a 31-3 Bulldog run
  • Gladly not as many people watched as Icon Gram still claims this feat against NCCU and the only SWAC program to bring the CB trophy home

Attachments

• 1645123200001.png
    1645123200001.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know gram hired Buddy Pough otherwise it don't make sense lol.

Screenshot_20211204-214457_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211208-155251_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-135540_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Coaching is Coaching. People compare highschool coaching to college and so on snd so forth. If you can coach is doesn't matter the level just as if you can't coach. A loser NFL coach will more likely be a loser college coach.
We’ve seen college coaches make the jump to the NFL and be unsuccessful, come back and be successful. We’ve seen NFL coaches go to the NCAA and be successful and unsuccessful.

Basically, we have to see what he’s about now that he’s back in college, and not just college, but an HBCU. But based on his Hard Knocks episodes, I don’t think he’ll be successful. I hope he proves me wrong but loses every game to TSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back