Swac Football Classic in Birmingham

There is an agenda here....Let's be real. Not really sure why the home and home wouldn't work....other than one stadium seats more than the other and thus can bring in more revenue ( assuming ticket prices are similar)

The bigger nugget to me is that the conference/schools could not afford to loose the potential paydays from the Deion affect. My gut says that Deion is gone when Sheddur is gone...which if he stays four years in 2024...Too much money is on the table that can be easily made right now with the schools, coaches and potential talent level at these two schools. You strike while the iron is hot. With the attendance numbers JSU, Southern and the SWAC have put up this year, the conversation with sponsors has changed. We are not begging for sponsors right now. They are asking the SWAC..." What Can We Do for you".....
There is a 2 year window to get as many money deals signed as possible. Many may not like the sound of what I just said but this is reality for now....
If the SWAC can stay at this level past the two years will be great, but you have to get the money while it is available to us...

That makes as much sense as having Alcorn JSU play in Birmingham.

Literally and no one will convince me it makes sense to take money from Jackson to help out Birmingham

Mississippi Valley is only SWAC school that will not be playing in a Classic in 2022. Why didn't McClelland schedule Mississippi Valley in one of Classic games in Birmingham? Also, with attendance of 57,000, for the Southern game, JSU can generate about 2 million in gate receipts at home.

We will probably be playing Delta State in the same classic as JSU did this past season. We know they are on the schedule for '22 and '23

And we tried a "classic" with Southern in September and they didn't show up yet despite being 2 hours away (yet many were on here saying how it was a bad idea instead of at the game). It's slowly becoming obvious that the old commish is just as bad as brushing Valley off to the side as the other one. First it was this past football season with zero home games on any ESPN outlet. The same with basketball season. And even when they had the chance to feature one of their 3 former NBA players turned head coaches on NBA TV, they went with the usuals and FAMU

But HBCU "Unity"

Literally and no one will convince me it makes sense to take money from Jackson to help out Birmingham

We will probably be playing Delta State in the same classic as JSU did this past season. We know they are on the schedule for '22 and '23

And we tried a "classic" with Southern in September and they didn't show up yet despite being 2 hours away (yet many were on here saying how it was a bad idea instead of at the game). It's slowly becoming obvious that the old commish is just as bad as brushing Valley off to the side as the other one. First it was this past football season with zero home games on any ESPN outlet. The same with basketball season. And even when they had the chance to feature one of their 3 former NBA players turned head coaches on NBA TV, they went with the usuals and FAMU

But HBCU "Unity"
Not to be harsh, but Valley just doesn’t move the needle for our fans. I know you would have gotten a better crowd at home on a Saturday , instead of playing SUnday. All the RV folks were bringing their RV’s.

That's gross. When you pay for security, staff, other logistics you don't have that. This is take away for both years. Each school will make up to 3 million versus getting paid less than 1.5 million for one year.
From what I heard they would not have played each other those two years so that game would not have happened and no money would have been made.....SHRUGS

From what I heard they would not have played each other those two years so that game would not have happened and no money would have been made.....SHRUGS
The games would have just been non-conference games, like the JSU/Grambling game scheduled for this year.

Black people are scared of change. It's the reason why it's hard for us to move forward. We like the same ole thing. My people perish for a lack of vision. It's the reason why you see ten black businesses open up with the same concept then wonder why all ten are barely making it. Not one had the (thanks grandma) good sense to think about having anything different to stand out.

Black people are scared of change. It's the reason why it's hard for us to move forward. We like the same ole thing. My people perish for a lack of vision. It's the reason why you see ten black businesses open up with the same concept then wonder why all ten are barely making it. Not one had the (thanks grandma) good sense to think about having anything different to stand out.
Move the Magic City Classic to New Orleans.

We need to review the Magic City Classic contract. 1.5 million in 2023 is a huge payout for JSU and SU. Hornets and Bulldogs will have questions if this is true.
That's not a bad idea. 2022 is the last year of the current contract for the MCC. I truly think that it should be revisited. If someone like Dr. McClelland could help Alabama A&M and Alabama State get additional sponsorships to earn more money then it would be great. According to current contract, Alabama A&M and Bama State will receive a payout of $400,000 each.

Back