No Ed Reed After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per hbcusports Facebook

You know he will say things behind closed doors that will be total lies since he lost out on this - be prepared

bcu is a mess
I think that they should give Ed Reed a chance. He was bringing attention to the things that needed improvement so that he could ask for help. He got everyone’s attention. If he was soft spoken, no one would be talking about Bethune Cookman today. It was harsh, when they told him to cancel the recruitment dinner, that was uncalled for and would hurt students that had nothing to do with the dust up. Give Ed Reed a Chance! Is this HBCU public or private? If public, they need to sue the state of Florida.
Per hbcusports Facebook

You know he will say things behind closed doors that will be total lies since he lost out on this - be prepared

bcu is a mess

:D

Ed Reed is a bull in a china shop.

"It ain't what you say, but how you say it. It ain't what you do, but how you do it."

Several things can be true at once:

1) I can unapologetically support Ed's honesty and passion.
2) Some folks still need to be cussed out - a time and place for everything.
3) Consequences are automatic. We cannot escape the consequences of the things we do - or neglect to do. Ed is suffering the consequences of his actions. However, it can be argued that the administrators and staff of BCU are suffering the consequences of their neglect and inaction.

Righteous indignation has to be focused and channeled appropriately to be effective.

It's not enough to be right. You must find a way to be effective.

In this situation, there are no winners. There are a whole lot of consequences for ineffective behavior to go around though.

You're right. The students deserve much better from everybody involved. So do the alums and fans.
I agree w/ you that change is required so pink slip a LOT of the extra lazy fat about our schools.

However, I would rather we pink slip them properly, to avoid potential lawsuit(s). PMI would cover ALL bases. 👀

Whites are typically treated better at HBCUs than blacks.
Let me ask you this. Did Jay Hopson say anything disparaging about Alcorn publicly? We know that Alcorn don't have the best resources and facilities in the SWAC. He coached at University of Memphis and went to the most racists PWI in the United States; but he had enough sense to be humble and worked with the administrators. He used Alcorn as a stepping stone as well but never said anything publicly disparaging about the university unlike two guys who played football at two P5's. Prime and Reed publicly try to reinforce the narrative that these HBCU schools ain't ish basically and then one publicly said embarrassing things about his former employer while he was working there and thing the other one who hadn't even start working for his potential employer before he embarrass his employer; whether the circumstances was justified or not. We have to look at the optics, one man's perception can be another man's reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black folks can't criticize anyone who went to a school with a building named after Strom Thurmond since many of us voted for Biden. And, Biden was one of Thurmond's proteges. Look it up.
Blacks can criticize whomever the hell we want white supremacist. If you want to draw analogies or point out what you believe is hypocrisy that's one thing, but trying to tell a whole group of any folks what they can't do is analogous to white supremacist ideology.

Last edited:
You and your parents need their azz kicked for passing on such stupid genes. I bet you piss and shyt on yourself when you walk massa boo boo.

I know you voted for Biden and got the nerve to call someone stupid. Read some books. It won't kill you.

Blacks can criticize whomever the hell we want white supremacist. If you want to draw analogies or point out what you believe is hypocrisy that's one thing, but trying to tell a whole group of any folks what they can't do is analogous to white supremacist ideology.
I said what I said.

Black folks can't criticize anyone who went to a school with a building named after Strom Thurmond since many of us voted for Biden. And, Biden was one of Thurmond's proteges. Look it up.
Thurmond launched the Dixiecrats, the predecessor of the modern Republican Party, after Truman signed the Executive Order integrating our military forces. Your Biden comparison makes no sense.

Thurmond launched the Dixiecrats, the predecessor of the modern Republican Party, after Truman signed the Executive Order integrating our military forces. Your Biden comparison makes no sense.

You're believing lies that there was a party switch. The Democrats are still and have always been the racist party that fought to keep us enslaved. Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd (another U.S. Senator who was a KKK recruiter) mentored Joe Biden. That's straight forward information. If you can't get that you simply don't want to get it.

You're believing lies that there was a party switch. The Democrats are still and have always been the racist party that fought to keep us enslaved. Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd (another U.S. Senator who was a KKK recruiter) mentored Joe Biden. That's straight forward information. If you can't get that you simply don't want to get it.
I do not operate off of opinions only historic facts. It appears your partisan lenses cloud your ability to comprehend political history.

Do it, and I'll promote you to my payroll.
room something GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back