No Ed Reed After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one thing Deion Sanders and Ed Reed has done is just about guaranteed is that HBCUs will never hire another so called celebrity to coach. If you aren't a graduate of a HBCU they've definitely screwed it up for the ones who would actually come and do a good job. Oh well so is life.

Well one thing Deion Sanders and Ed Reed has done is just about guaranteed is that HBCUs will never hire another so called celebrity to coach. If you aren't a graduate of a HBCU they've definitely screwed it up for the ones who would actually come and do a good job. Oh well so is life.

I was thinking similar earlier when I read Bowie State snatched the interim tag off of their head coach yesterday. Among my first thoughts were the Ed Reed effect is born.

Last edited:
In the long run, HBCU people are going to have to take care of HBCU business. By themselves. Without help from "outsiders".

The culture clash between HBCU and non-HBCU people is real.

If Deion couldn't bridge that divide, then I'm not sure it will ever be bridged.

Last edited:
In the long run, HBCU people are going to have to take care of HBCU business. By themselves. Without help from "outsiders".

The culture clash between HBCU and non-HBCU people is real.

If Deion couldn't bridge that divide, then I'm not sure it will ever be bridged.
Deion never meant to bridge that divide. It was a stepping stone, nothing more. Daddy ball at the collegiate level.

Yo I think I would’ve taken off work every Monday just to hear Ed Reed explode on the swac teleconference. Lol. Can you imagine this dude during a game or after a loss. Dude would be going off on everybody in sight and then go straight to IG Live to go off some more. BCU yall dodged a bullet.
I guarantee his emotional ass would’ve beat a kid for not going as hard as he did as a player.

There is the interim President's side, Ed Reed's side, and the students' side. Who would be best to describe conditions pre-hurricane, during hurricane, and post hurricane conditions? In this situation the interim President has to be accurate in his responses, if not, there will be major issues.
They had a Protest on campus lol. Seems deeper than folks wanting to talk about. Everyone keeps talking about how he said what he said but no one wants to talk about the fact that he seems to have been telling the truth.

They had a Protest on campus lol. Seems deeper than folks wanting to talk about. Everyone keeps talking about how he said what he said but no one wants to talk about the fact that he seems to have been telling the truth.
He is telling the truth. Some of the former coaches have been saying the same.

If they allow Roland Martin on campus to interview the students, players, and other coaches who don't fear for their jobs the truth will be unveiled.

Investigate what? Let's not be silly.
If BCU athletes are sharing helmets, have moldy football equipment, have to wash their own clothes, etc that is an issue for the SWAC and NCAA. I bet these other conferences have protocols for the cleaning and storage of equipment and uniforms especially after Covid.

I just don't know about some of you. You really thought BCU could jettison Ed Reed and his criticisms would be ignored.

The first problem is allowing Roland clout chasing *** into the first place looking for views for his struggle YouTube channel. Anytime it's drama involving a HBCU his chunky (non FBA) *** is there.

Yall can't preach "HBCUs need to take care of HBCU business in house" but cosign that clown

Yall are letting the name Roland Martin put you in a spell as if this is the same Roland Martin prior to 2016 when it's not

Last edited:
If BCU athletes are sharing helmets, have moldy football equipment, have to wash their own clothes, etc that is an issue for the SWAC and NCAA. I bet these other conferences have protocols for the cleaning and storage of eq2uipment and uniforms especially after Covid.

I just don't know about some of you. You really thought BCU could jettison Ed Reed and his criticisms would be ignored.
You wrote/called for the NAACP tio investigate in your previous post. Even you should be able to admit that was silly.

Public sentiment will be on Ed's side after more people see the Roland Martin interviews.
Which public?

Reed did himself no favors last night. You can't call the AD of the school you're trying to get back in good graces with evil. And then say you turned down a job at another school you weren't offered and expect it to be kosher after that.

Reed and whoever that PR guy was handled that interview as poorly as it could possibly be handled.

Which public?

Reed did himself no favors last night. You can't call the AD of the school you're trying to get back in good graces with evil and say you turned down a job you weren't offered and expect it to be kosher after that.

Reed and whoever that PR guy was handled that interview as poorly as it could possibly be handled.

The LARGER public

The first problem is allowing Roland clout chasing *** into the first place looking for views for his struggle YouTube channel. Anytime it's drama involving a HBCU his chunky (non FBA) *** is there.

Yall can't preach "HBCUs need to take care of HBCU business in house but cosign that clown
Kinda felt Roland was exploiting an unhinged man (Reed) for likes and web traffic.

Here are some things I think are getting glossed over.

1. Reed somehow got access to the campus WITHOUT having a signed contract and being an employee. Who told him to come on the campus without finishing the process?
2. B-CU's board didn't hold an emergency meeting to approve the contract prior to all of this? Also, where the hell was Ed's agent to oversee the contract negotiations?
2. Reed went off on his potential employers (regardless of how valid his arguments were) on IG Live, and somehow thought he was gonna get that job.
3. Reed presumably offered grants-in-aid (scholarships) to student-athletes WITHOUT being an employee of said university. He hosted recruiting visits WITHOUT being an employee of the university.
4. Whose protest is it anyway? Is there a list of demands? All I have seen, in my limited view, is fussing and saber-rattling. The Reed situation got co-opted by other actors?
5. Will this cause the NCAA, SACS and Ron DeSantis to take a look into what's going on, and are the stakeholders at B-CU really ready for the fallout from all of that?

Last edited:

Yall can't preach "HBCUs need to take care of HBCU business in house but cosign that clown
No, the first problem is the issues that the students have obviously been pissed off about for a while. Mold in the dorms, cmon now.

Kinda felt Roland was exploiting an unhinged man (Reed) for likes and web traffic.

1. Reed somehow got access to the campus WITHOUT having a signed contract and being an employee. Who told him to come on the campus without finishing the process?
2. B-CU's board didn't hold an emergency meeting to approve the contract prior to all of this? Also, where the hell was Ed's agent to oversee the contract negotiations?
2. Reed went off on his potential employers (regardless of how valid his arguments were) on IG Live, and somehow thought he was gonna get that job.
3. Reed presumably offered grants-in-aid (scholarships) to student-athletes WITHOUT being an employee of said university. He hosted recruiting visits WITHOUT being an employee of the university.
4. Whose protest is it anyway? Is there a list of demands? All I have seen, in my limited view, is fussing and saber-rattling. The Reed situation got co-opted by other actors?
5. Will this cause the NCAA, SACS and Ron DeSantis to take a look into what's going on, and are the stakeholders at B-CU really ready for the fallout from all of that?
This whole thing is terrible

All you have to do is go to twitter. The students are on there being quite vocal about the issues thats why I can't get why folks keep trying to gloss over it. He was unprofessional but the situation is as he says it is.

This whole thing is terrible
I don't think people realize how the Reed situation knocked over a hornet's nest of potential bad things, from accreditation issues to school management to even conference affiliation.

I know I might be going to worst-case scenario. But, I always tell people you have to go to worst-case scenario and work your plans back from that point.

All you have to do is go to twitter. The students are on there being quite vocal about the issues thats why I can't get why folks keep trying to gloss over it. He was unprofessional but the situation is as he says it is.
I have been on Twitter.

Twitter isn't good for organized things to present to powers-that-be. And it's hella easy to get off task.

I saw the pics. I saw the videos. Who is/are the leader(s) of the regular student protests? What do they exactly want? Is that list enumerated?

So far, no set of students have presented themselves as leading the protests. From my limited view, it's like that Occupy mess: Lots of anger, not a lot of organized movement.

But also: WHO LET ED REED ON THE CAMPUS WITHOUT AN OK'D CONTRACT? What if he was hurt doing that magical clean-up on campus without a contract? What is those football players he told to help clean up got hurt under his care?

I'll take player's words over the others. The prez looked like he's out of touch and saving face. Ed and his guy said they chose BCU because they liked the campus, then Ed said they got crack heads and homeless people there.

Roland acted like he was scared to question Ed like he did the prez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back