NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kobe should win it, but you made some good points.

I don't think he's underserving, I've said on here before that he should have been the MVP in 2006. I just feel that CP3 (for carrying a less talented team than the Lakers to an almost equal record) and KG (for changing the entire culture and direction of a franchise) are more deserving. Yes Kobe's the best player in the league, but I just think it's a little lazy on the part of the voters to make him MVP just for being the best player on the No. 1 team in the West.

I don't think he's underserving, I've said on here before that he should have been the MVP in 2006. I just feel that CP3 (for carrying a less talented team than the Lakers to an almost equal record) and KG (for changing the entire culture and direction of a franchise) are more deserving. Yes Kobe's the best player in the league, but I just think it's a little lazy on the part of the voters to make him MVP just for being the best player on the No. 1 team in the West.

Not only are some folks voting for Kobe because of the Lakers No.1 seed, but because he has been overlooked the last few years for MVP.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

How can one say Kobe has the better talent? Bynum has missed 52 games. Gasol only played in 23 games for the Lakers. That's a combined 103 games missed by Bynum and Gasol. If Gasol would've played the same number of games as West, the Lakers would've won at least 10 more games.

On the other hand, Peja has only missed 8 games. West has only missed about 16, if that many, and Chandler hasn't missed more than 16 games. That's a combined 40 games for three players.

Kobe practically carried the team on his shoulders without Bynum and Gasol in the lineup for the entire season.

How can one say Kobe has the better talent? Bynum has missed 52 games. Gasol only played in 23 games for the Lakers. That's a combined 103 games missed by Bynum and Gasol. If Gasol would've played the same number of games as West, the Lakers would've won at least 10 more games.

On the other hand, Peja has only missed 8 games. West has only missed about 16, if that many, and Chandler hasn't missed more than 16 games. That's a combined 40 games for three players.

Kobe practically carried the team on his shoulders without Bynum and Gasol in the lineup for the entire season.

That's revisionist history. Bynum missed 10 games before the Gasol trade (which doesn't happen without Bynum going down), and Gasol missed 10 games with the ankle injury. That's twenty games without Bynum or Gasol by my math, a far cry from the 103 you threw out there (LA went 10-10 in those games BTW). How can you count games Gasol missed when he wasn't even part of the team? And you're only looking at the top line players, the Lakers are deeper and more talented than the Hornets overall.

That's revisionist history. Bynum missed 10 games before the Gasol trade (which doesn't happen without Bynum going down), and Gasol missed 10 games with the ankle injury. That's twenty games without Bynum or Gasol by my math, a far cry from the 103 you threw out there (LA went 10-10 in those games BTW). How can you count games Gasol missed when he wasn't even part of the team? And you're only looking at the top line players, the Lakers are deeper and more talented than the Hornets overall.

The bottom line is Gasol missed the games as did Bynum. That can't be denied.
The Lakers do have a deeper bench though.
It's a moot point anyway. Kobe has the MVP wrapped in Purple and Gold.:swink:

HOW BOUT DEM LAKERS!!!!!

Holding the Nuggets 30 points under their average on THEIR home court??!! That's unheard of!!!:pimp::pimp:

The bottom line is Gasol missed the games as did Bynum. That can't be denied.
The Lakers do have a deeper bench though.
It's a moot point anyway. Kobe has the MVP wrapped in Purple and Gold.:swink:

How is it a moot point when you have been saying that Kobe has carried the Lakers this season?

It's a moot point because the MVP balloting has already occurred. I have inside information that Kobe won.

LMAO at inside information, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Kobe was going to win it in February, when the sportswriters collectively noticed that Kobe has been in the league 12 years and had yet to win an MVP.

Not only are some folks voting for Kobe because of the Lakers No.1 seed, but because he has been overlooked the last few years for MVP.

Yet another that says the same thing Im saying...just went a different and more pro-Kobe direction.

Two words, JayRub...Lifetime Achievement.

Yet another that says the same thing Im saying...just went a different and more pro-Kobe direction.

Call it what you will dude, just as long as he gets it. you call it Lifetime, I call it having a superior record than his closest candidate, a better overall player, a better defensive player, a better shooter, a better athlete, a better entertainer....and last but not least, a player whose been labeled by his peers as the best player in the league. All of that combined equals.....MVP.

Call it what you will dude, just as long as he gets it. you call it Lifetime, I call it having a superior record than his closest candidate, a better overall player, a better defensive player, a better shooter, a better athlete, a better entertainer....and last but not least, a player whose been labeled by his peers as the best player in the league. All of that combined equals.....MVP.

:smh: / :lol: ...yet you still don't understand.

All that and you still ain't mention anything about a "team", which is the guts of the MVP award.

Two words for your Rockets after the next game....

gonefishin_title.jpg

:smh: / :lol: ...yet you still don't understand.

All that and you still ain't mention anything about a "team", which is the guts of the MVP award.

Dude, I don't need to mention team. The Lakers play has done that for me. They lead the league in assists....as a team.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jay...just say "I like the Lakers...I like Kobe...but, I wouldn't know how to vote for the MVP", and be done with it.

I think you need to say that while looking in the mirror.

You can't refute what I've said with ANY legitimate comeback, except to tell me to "say I don't know"?!
Comeback with something legit, then I might consider it, but until you can present a legitimate reason as to why Kobe SHOULDN'T be MVP, forget it.

I think you need to say that while looking in the mirror.

You can't refute what I've said with ANY legitimate comeback, except to tell me to "say I don't know"?!
Comeback with something legit, then I might consider it, but until you can present a legitimate reason as to why Kobe SHOULDN'T be MVP, forget it.

Where have you been the last 6 pages? I guess Crazy didn't have anything legitimate to say, either, huh? He's saying the same things I and others have been saying.

Folks have BEEN on here telling you why CP3 could possibly win it, instead of why Kobe shouldn't win it. Yet, you find it the thing to do to try and discredit a GREAT year by a 6'1 gaurd who has the Hornets (yes, those Hornets) as one of the top seeds in the West. That's why everyone has been frying you...cuz, of your obvious lack of comprehension and detail. Not because you like Kobe and everyone hates the Lakers....:retard:

See...your problem is you're trying to figure out why someone shouldn't, instead of focusing on the important things in the "MVP" race and the reasons Kobe's not as alone in this race, as you would like folks to see. You've proven to others that you can't look at the race from all angles, instead of your usual Kobe ball-wash'n position.

Where have you been the last 6 pages? I guess Crazy didn't have anything legitimate to say, either, huh? He's saying the same things I and others have been saying.

Folks have BEEN on here telling you why CP3 could possibly win it, instead of why Kobe shouldn't win it. Yet, you find it the thing to do to try and discredit a GREAT year by a 6'1 gaurd who has the Hornets (yes, those Hornets) as one of the top seeds in the West. That's why everyone has been frying you...cuz, of your obvious lack of comprehension and detail. Not because you like Kobe and everyone hates the Lakers....:retard:

See...your problem is you're trying to figure out why someone shouldn't, instead of focusing on the important things in the "MVP" race and the reasons Kobe's not as alone in this race, as you would like folks to see. You've proven to others that you can't look at the race from all angles, instead of your usual Kobe ball-wash'n position.

Everybody's been fryin me?!:lol: Who is "everybody". Quit lying on folks dude. I truly hope you're not referring to yourself, crazylegs and psychojag as "everybody". Dude, if pointing out simple weaknesses in Paul's game is discrediting him, then so be it.

My words were validated even more by the last Mav/Hornet game.
The dude cannot consistently shoot while fading to his left; he can't dribble strong to the basket using his left, and he cannot pass accurately with his left hand. Did you watch the last game?

The other thing, team assists. They are more important than individual assists. I stand by those comments. The Lakers vindicated that statement by being up three games to zero against Denver, that SAME Denver team you picked to comeback and win the series against the Lakers.:lol:

Well...guess it'll be New Orleans and the Spurs. Dallas is done, and so is Avery.:smh:

Dallas stopped sharing the basketball late in the second quarter. I've seen this a bunch in the playoffs from the teams that trail in series. Josh Howard and Jason Terry were taking some really bad shots all night. And everyone else was settling for jumpers and not driving the ball to the basket. However, you have to give the Hornets credit for withstanding the early run by Dallas in the first half.

Dallas stopped sharing the basketball late in the second quarter. I've seen this a bunch in the playoffs from the teams that trail in series. Josh Howard and Jason Terry were taking some really bad shots all night. And everyone else was settling for jumpers and not driving the ball to the basket. However, you have to give the Hornets credit for withstanding the early run by Dallas in the first half.

They didn't ATTACK the rim like they did in Game 3. They settled for too many jumpers(which didn't fall) and J Kidd's hard foul on Pargo was just as stupid as J Howard's admittance to smokin' weed. SMH!
:upset::upset::upset:

Everybody's been fryin me?!:lol: Who is "everybody". Quit lying on folks dude. I truly hope you're not referring to yourself, crazylegs and psychojag as "everybody". Dude, if pointing out simple weaknesses in Paul's game is discrediting him, then so be it.

My words were validated even more by the last Mav/Hornet game.
The dude cannot consistently shoot while fading to his left; he can't dribble strong to the basket using his left, and he cannot pass accurately with his left hand. Did you watch the last game?

The other thing, team assists. They are more important than individual assists. I stand by those comments. The Lakers vindicated that statement by being up three games to zero against Denver, that SAME Denver team you picked to comeback and win the series against the Lakers.:lol:

Dayum brah.... Why you try to tear down ANY NBA player that may seem to be a threat to Kobe in taking a prize such as "MVP"?!?! You pointing out all these negatives and ignoring ALL the dudes posistives.. And the negatives you are pointing out I am sure CP3 has proven you wrong and will do so pretty soon. Honestly if Kobe do get the MVP, with all the other great players that are obviously leading their teams by putting their teams in the positions they are in, that award will only look like a charity case/MVP in my view. Because although he is a legit contendor for the award, there is no solid evidence he deserves it more than atleast 2 or 3 guys this year.. Reason why I say it would seem more like a charity case is because the sports commentators constantly makes mention to him being a great player and for 12 years he didn't get the award...And to me that kind of takes the attention off of other deserving players in the league.... But Kobe is a great player, if he gets it I am happy for him....
Try to stop knocking other GREAT players to build up Dear Kobe man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back