NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, what about my Hawks! I cannot lie to y'all, I am not a fair weather Hawks (or Falcons) fan!
I live here in the ATL and I follow and support my "home" teams. I cannot put into words the "energy"
and the feel that has been in Philips Arena for games 3 and 4. I am not saying that the Hawks are
gonna win the series, but then again, no one expected them to win 1. I am just impressed that they
actually showed up and and competed for the full 4 quarters of both home games. Hopefully they will
keep it decent on Wednesday in bean town, but all I know is, Boston has 3 first time hall of famers on
their roster and they rolled over to my lowly Hawks....I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
Friday night in Philips is gonna be of the hinges.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!! LET'S GO HAWKS!!!! LET'S GO HAWKS!!!!
I am rooting for the Hawks and Phillips was rocking.

Yeah, what about my Hawks! I cannot lie to y'all, I am not a fair weather Hawks (or Falcons) fan!
I live here in the ATL and I follow and support my "home" teams. I cannot put into words the "energy"
and the feel that has been in Philips Arena for games 3 and 4. I am not saying that the Hawks are
gonna win the series, but then again, no one expected them to win 1. I am just impressed that they
actually showed up and and competed for the full 4 quarters of both home games. Hopefully they will
keep it decent on Wednesday in bean town, but all I know is, Boston has 3 first time hall of famers on

Man, I liked the way those boys where getting physical with the Celtics. That is what it takes to play the game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not that he can't do it -- the final six minutes Monday were a tour de force at both ends. In that time he scored 14 points, blocked a shot, stole a pass and drew two offensive fouls.

He made a 3-pointer and a driving layup basket to break open a tie game, then hit a jumper over Kenyon Martin when the Nuggets briefly took a one-point lead. He turned his attention to defense and drew the fifth and sixth fouls on Martin by charging out hard and drawing illegal screens, knocking his primary defender out of the game.

Back on offense, he drew the fifth and sixth fouls on his next defender, Carmelo Anthony, by attacking off the dribble to draw blocking fouls -- removing the Nuggets' best scoring threat. His runner in the lane with 40.7 seconds left sucked the air out of Denver's final charge, and his physical D on J.R. Smith and subsequent steal with 18.2 seconds left sealed it. And just for good measure, he rejected Linas Kleiza's 3-point attempt at the buzzer.

"Is he good or what?" lamented a Nuggets official afterward. "You can talk about other guys, but he's the best."

MVP!​

Yes Sir we are back!!! Where them Atl haters at now? :lol: DNICE come on out man. :lol:

Did yall see Kobe show that PUNK McGaydy how to finish a game and SHOW UP as THE man. I will be so happy when folks stop using The Great One and McGaydy in the same sentence. Kobe is so great

Did yall see Kobe show that PUNK McGaydy how to finish a game and SHOW UP as THE man. I will be so happy when folks stop using The Great One and McGaydy in the same sentence. Kobe is so great

Man they were praising McGrady for scoring 7 points in the 4th Quarter in game 3. 7 freaking points!!

Man they were praising McGrady for scoring 7 points in the 4th Quarter in game 3. 7 freaking points!!

Yeah that was a funny. TMAC is also really unlucky..I mean home court advantage and you are missing your starting PG and center..If you got to rely on Luther (broke shot ) Head to make buckets you are in serious trouble.

Concerning CP3, I was a caller on a BR sports talk show called the WaterBoys here in BR. Tony King (one of the co-hosts) stated that he ranked offensive statistics in order of importance as follows: Points, Offensive Rebounds, and assists. His point was that assists was an overrated stat. I countered by saying that of course points are the number one offensive stat because that's the objective of offense... score points. I then stated that assists was second because it more directly leads to scoring than those offensive rebounding and because once you have an assist (meaning your team scored) you don't need an offensive rebound on that particular possession. Offensive rebounds only occur because you didn't execute the play successfully the first time. When he countered with "what if they miss", I informed him that it wasn't an assist and therefore the play didn't execute properly. Not saying it wasn't ran properly but running a play and executing a play are two entirely different thing. I used to tell my youth basketball team all the time... it takes both effort and execution to win. Running the play with the right effort is good...but unless it's successfully executed, it's still an unsuccessful play.

CP3 does an excellent job of running the play so that the chances of it being successfully executed is enhanced. It's his decision making that's so beautiful to watch. For instance, sometimes a guy may be streaking toward the basket while Peja or MoPeterson is spotting up for a three. Seems like he knows when it's the "right" time to make the pass out to the wing in order to deliver the "dagger" or he passes on the three ball because it is better (at that time) to get the sure layup. His decision making is really what is making this an MVP season... the dude has unbelievable "recognition" ability.

Who is THEY?!?...:xeye:

Man, folks are frying this dude (he!!, Im one of them) for these pitiful 4th Qrt's productions. Yall need to start listening to real Houston sports fans...and, not ESPN and folks like JayRob. We know TGrady ain't cutt'n it, heart-wise.

The other thing, team assists. They are more important than individual assists. I stand by those comments. The Lakers vindicated that statement by being up three games to zero against Denver, that SAME Denver team you picked to comeback and win the series against the Lakers.:lol:

:smh:...an assist, is an assist. They lead to points. You don't get an assist for ordering your potnah some nachos...and, you don't get assist during pregame lay-up drills. So, what's the difference in personal and team assist, when they all end up in the scoring column?

More importantly to this thread, personal assist help tell the season story of a player. They show that not only are you scoring...but, you're helping your teammates score. They tell how a teammate "HELPED" his team. Ain't that what a MVP is?...:xeye:

PS- Dude...if you actually think I picked Denver to comeback (or, think I would seriously think Denver could come back...smh)..then, you bout as stupid as the logic of the Lakers being bad arse for sweeping the Nuggets...:lol:

We ALL knew Denver was a first round bye before the playoffs started. And, now you ready for Kobe to pick out your championship engagement ring...:smh:

Man, folks are frying this dude (he!!, Im one of them) for these pitiful 4th Qrt's productions. Yall need to start listening to real Houston sports fans...and, not ESPN and folks like JayRob. We know TGrady ain't cutt'n it, heart-wise.

610, 790, TNT and ESPN folks after game 3. I know BLACK Houston was on his ass still. Especially Ralph Cooper's callers.

I listen to all those stations every day and Friday morning and afternoon they were loving him on 610 and 790.

610, 790, TNT and ESPN folks after game 3. I know BLACK Houston was on his ass still. Especially Ralph Cooper's callers.

I listen to all those stations every day and Friday morning and afternoon they were loving him on 610 and 790.
Yea, don't get me wrong...there are still McGrady apologist out here. Too many that don't watch game-flow, and just read stats. Those are the ones most eager to get on the phone in apology-mode.

You can tell the dudes that call in and want him out don't want to "rock the friendly Houston boat". It gets funny hearing folks try not to totally crucify this dude, while holding dialogue with the host(s).

My whole thing is...you know me J4L...Im Houston first. If you ain't cutt'n it...or, not seeming to give 100% for 48 mins (TGrady falls under this one more than anything)....or, got attitude like Houston is doing you a favor by having you on the team...I want ya arse out.

True enough, I don't blame Tracy for everything. This game is not meant for that....plus, we have major shortcomings like off.rebounds and freethrows (*throws up in mouth a lil*). But, to be a former scoring champ and getting paid to be "the man"...his production and crunch-time/4thQrt stats are lacking. Everything from not going to college (pouting about certain defenses)...to the simply clueless sound bites over the years (he needs to learn "HOW" to interview) have crippled his game.

J4L...I wish I could find the Monday sports page for you, were in Justice article, he's quoting out TGrady's words after Game 4 (unintentionally calling out Landry and Adelman). Or, Blinebury's article, where Blinebury is quoting Jazz players talking about "knowing TMac is going to get tired in the 4th" ...or, my favorite, by Kirelenko, "it's become a little bit of a tradition (when it comes to shutting down Tracy in the 4th)", you know I stay hot on Tracy's arse.

Im (gametime) hot, now, talking about Tracy's arse...

Now, Im ready for game 5 tonight.

Yea, don't get me wrong...there are still McGrady apologist out here. Too many that don't watch game-flow, and just read stats. Those are the ones most eager to get on the phone in apology-mode.

You can tell the dudes that call in and want him out don't want to "rock the friendly Houston boat". It gets funny hearing folks try not to totally crucify this dude, while holding dialogue with the host(s).

My whole thing is...you know me J4L...Im Houston first. If you ain't cutt'n it...or, not seeming to give 100% for 48 mins (TGrady falls under this one more than anything)....or, got attitude like Houston is doing you a favor by having you on the team...I want ya arse out.

True enough, I don't blame Tracy for everything. This game is not meant for that....plus, we have major shortcomings like off.rebounds and freethrows (*throws up in mouth a lil*). But, to be a former scoring champ and getting paid to be "the man"...his production and crunch-time/4thQrt stats are lacking. Everything from not going to college (pouting about certain defenses)...to the simply clueless sound bites over the years (he needs to learn "HOW" to interview) have crippled his game.

J4L...I wish I could find the Monday sports page for you, were in Justice article, he's quoting out TGrady's words after Game 4 (unintentionally calling out Landry and Adelman). Or, Blinebury's article, where Blinebury is quoting Jazz players talking about "knowing TMac is going to get tired in the 4th" ...or, my favorite, by Kirelenko, "it's become a little bit of a tradition (when it comes to shutting down Tracy in the 4th)", you know I stay hot on Tracy's arse.

I totally agree with you. The dude has talent but disappears in crunch time. He has become the Rockets' version of Jeff Bagwell (in the playoffs).

Yeah you are right Blade. I picked up the Monday edition of the Chronicle at the airport on my way out of Houston and Richard Justice smoked TMAC and wondered why Adelman even defended him after TMAC pointed fingers back at the coaching staff.

The Rockets have a weird cast of players if you ask me. Luther Head and Rafer Alston just don't cut it in my book. They need a bonafide PG and some meaness on the interior.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah you are right Blade. I picked up the Monday edition of the Chronicle at the airport on my way out of Houston and Richard Justice smoked TMAC and wondered why Adelman even defended him after TMAC pointed fingers back at the coaching staff.

The Rockets have a weird cast of players if you ask me. Luther Head and Rafer Alston just don't cut it in my book. They need a bonafide PG and some meaness on the interior.

Rafer won the only game of this series for them. Without him they're swept.

Denver has Carmello over rated arse to blame if you ask me... He want to point fingers and HE was the MAIN problem.. Iverson did what he had to.. he could have did a LIL more... but ulimately it was Carmello playing like he was a female out there on many occasions.. Tall as he is all his dayum shots hitting the front of the dayum rim... I was like this cat don't even play like a starter let alone super star..... Carmello was self-check...

Where did I say anything specifically about Tmac? I do recall saying that Houston will be gone fishing after tonight, but I hope I'm wrong.

As far as you voting for Denver, it's too late to back out now. The damage has been done. They were swept, and even the most avid Denver fan never thought that this would happen. The number two and three scorers, and the highest scoring team in the NBA were swept. Nobody predicted that, especially YOU!:emlaugh:

Denver has Carmello over rated arse to blame if you ask me... He want to point fingers and HE was the MAIN problem.. Iverson did what he had to.. he could have did a LIL more... but ulimately it was Carmello playing like he was a female out there on many occasions.. Tall as he is all his dayum shots hitting the front of the dayum rim... I was like this cat don't even play like a starter let alone super star..... Carmello was self-check...

Like I said in another thread, why is the soft label only reserved for certain players like Dirk? When have players like Anthony, KG, or TMac ever lifted their teams to a higher place?

JR....If you go back and read some of my preseason post...you'll see that I wanted Rafer out, too. I was (and, still am, to a certain extent) thru with NY-style PG's. But, Ive done a 180 on Rafer. He's come in and actually taken visual control of the team....and, is doing what he's supposed to do. You can see it. You see it on the floor...you see it on the bench..and, even with street clothes on.

But, folks like Luther Head...:smh: I had his back, too, until I realized how VEEEERY limited this cat is..and, it's getting worse. Can hit a 3, but that's about it...cuz, he fa'sho can't dribble around/away from traffic. Just as important as it was for Rafer to come back for Game 3...it was equally as important for Adelmen to keep Luther's arse on the bench the whole game...:lol:

With the young'ns we got....the Rockets aren't that far off. To say we've lost Yao for the duration...Rafer's been in and out of the line-up...Landry (a rookie) was hurt and is still a lil hurt...to end off that 22-game win streak AND manage to hang on to homecourt is saying alot. That's why I, much like real Rockets fans, are not that down on this team. Despite, falling short with things we can help ourselves with, like the FT's and Off.Reb'ing, and with things like injuries...the Rockets fed the multitude with fishbone and bread crust.

PS-
Rafer won the only game of this series for them. Without him they're swept
Need I say how pitiful, but very true, this is?

Perhaps it was Kobe's defense?

Hmmm, didn't hear that complainin' when they were urrruuhhh......22-0.:smh:

Where did I say anything specifically about Tmac? I do recall saying that Houston will be gone fishing after tonight, but I hope I'm wrong.

As far as you voting for Denver, it's too late to back out now. The damage has been done. They were swept, and even the most avid Denver fan never thought that this would happen. The number two and three scorers, and the highest scoring team in the NBA were swept. Nobody predicted that, especially YOU!:emlaugh:

Dang kid you acting like you swept a team with a GREAT or GOOD defence which is WAY more important than having the HIGHEST scoring offence in the league....
Did you ever play "organized" basketball Jay? (serious question)

Perhaps it was Kobe's defense?

WTF!?!?!:lmao:

Did you EVEN watch the game are do you just watch Kobe!??!!? This is worse than I thought, Jayrob you are funny..lmao..

Carmello MISSED EASY buckets constantly.. Missed Lay-ups all kind of elementary isht he was missing.. had NOTHING to do with your dear Kobe....:lmao:

JayRob I seriously don't think you watch the game when Kobe goes to the bench.. I think you may flip to "Lifetime" until you think Kobe's back on the floor....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back