NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: @ JayRub.

You'd think he'd believes in "personal assist", since that's basically how Nash got an MVP over Kobe.

He sure didn't get it by averaging 30 points.

PS- And, Crazy chopp'n up JayRob reminds me of what CP3 is doing to Jason Kidd. Except, this J.Kidd doesn't know basketball, and like blocking verbal punches with his face.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JayRob, serious question. If you're saying that Kobe's stats aren't any better than last year, that he played better last year, just that he has better teammates now, then what exactly is the argument that he should be MVP?

Careful Jag, you know how simple logic is recieved by some around these parts when folks are lookin' at EBOK's game...*lol*

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Fugg what y'all talking about. How 'bout them Sixers??? Just wait until we get a big man. It's gone be on.

You'd think he'd believes in "personal assist", since that's basically how Nash got an MVP over Kobe.

PS- And, Crazy chopp'n up JayRob reminds me of what CP3 is doing to Jason Kidd. Except, this J.Kidd doesn't know basketball, and like blocking verbal punches with his face.

CP3 chopping up Kidd?! You wanna rephrase that after what happened tonight?!:lol::lol:

Yall gone learn to listen one day, but it may be a bit too late.:lol:

...and he never got a championship either. Which is more important, an MVP or a championship?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JayRob, serious question. If you're saying that Kobe's stats aren't any better than last year, that he played better last year, just that he has better teammates now, then what exactly is the argument that he should be MVP?

Simple answer....Kobe's teammates are hitting shots now and the Lakers had the best record in the tougher Western Conference. Last year, they were the eighth seed team, whereas this year, they're the number one seed.

According to the voters, team records hold a lot of weight. This is why Kobe will win MVP this year.

CP3 chopping up Kidd?! You wanna rephrase that after what happened tonight?!:lol::lol:

Yall gone learn to listen one day, but it may be a bit too late.:lol:

:xeye: :xeye: :lmao:

Man, Kidd wasn't doin' shat but looking like a statue on D; ...*lmao*

Jason Terry and Dirk's soft arse showed up tonight...

NO had an off shooting night collectively (CP3 included) and still nearly pulled it out in the 4th...

If anything, Jason Terry's defensive work on CP3 tonight saved Dallas' season...Even with that, he was still practically getting anything he wanted out of the offense...N.O. just wasn't putting those oppurtunities in the hole.

If Dallas reverts back to the soft arses that we've seen, they're goin' out in 6.

I shole don't forsee NO having another shooting night like the did tonight...what then?

Anywhoo, I think all of these series are gonna go at least 6...

Man, Kidd wasn't doin' shat but looking like a statue on D; ...*lmao*

NO had an off shooting night collectively (CP3 included) and still nearly pulled it out in the 4th...

If anything, Jason Terry's defensive work on CP3 tonight saved Dallas' season...Even with that, he was still practically getting anything he wanted out of the offense...N.O. just wasn't putting those oppurtunities in the hole.

If Dallas reverts back to the soft arses that we've seen, they're goin' out in 6.

I shole don't forsee NO having another shooting night like the did tonight...what then?

Anywhoo, I think all of these series are gonna go at least 6...

Naw the Suns are done..They cannot deffend the Pick and Roll. Detroit may be done in 5.. The Hawks will get swept..And the lakers will win in 5...

What are you talking about? Dirk is averaging 30 and 11 through the first three games. He's been doing his part. Dallas needs to get solid play from Kidd, Howard and Co. to win this series.

Man, Kidd wasn't doin' shat but looking like a statue on D; ..

Crazy dude, I DEMAND an IMMEDIATE apology from you (and bladerunner)!! 4 for 19???!!! 4 for 19??!!!:smh::smh: That means Paul shot less than 25 percent for the night.:lol: Hell, I could've shot better than that. I tried to tell you that Paul cannot shoot going to his left, neither can he dribble going to his left very much. You shut Paul down, you shut down the Hornets.

Kidd posted up Paul and pounded him on the block. He fast breaked Paul to death and he drove past Paul on multiple occasions.

Dude, just admit that you were wrong and move on. It's not that difficult.:swink:

What are you talking about? Dirk is averaging 30 and 11 through the first three games. He's been doing his part. Dallas needs to get solid play from Kidd, Howard and Co. to win this series.

Exactly! Some folks who are not knowledgeable of the game mistake finesse for softness. I've seen finesse beat a lot of physical teams time and time again.

Nash wasn't in his prime when Shaq was in his.

I see Shaq still can't defend the pick and roll.

I know. That's why I said if. Kobe definately had him in his prime and would not have any rings if Shaq wasn't there.

Shaq is a shell of his former self. You can't expect much out of him these days.

Yeah I'm sure if Nash would have had Shaq in his prime then he would have a Championship too.

Who would he have guarded?! His perimeter defense would've been a liability and would put Shaq in jeopardy of getting in foul trouble, just like he does for Stoudemire.
Besides, if he can't win a championship with Stoudemire, Marion and Barbosa in their prime, he wasn't going to win one with Shaq. Nash had THREE All-Stars on ONE team, but couldn't even make it out of the West for crying out loud. Dude get off washed up Shaq's gonads and for once admit that Kobe and Wade contributed to Shaq's greatness, ESPECIALLY in the last three minutes of the game.

Come on dude, you're better than that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Who would he have guarded?! His perimeter defense would've been a liability and would put Shaq in jeopardy of getting in foul trouble, just like he does for Stoudemire.
Besides, if he can't win a championship with Stoudemire, Marion and Barbosa in their prime, he wasn't going to win one with Shaq. Nash had THREE All-Stars on ONE team, but couldn't even make it out of the West for crying out loud. Dude get off washed up Shaq's gonads and for once admit that Kobe and Wade contributed to Shaq's greatness, ESPECIALLY in the last three minutes of the game.

Come on dude, you're better than that.

Sure I guess Shaq owes Penny Hardaway his life too. :retard:

D. Wade carried the Heat to the Championship when they won. Shaq did what he needed to do. As far as the Lakers are concerned Shaq carried them to those championships. Sure Kobe hit some big shots but the work was don by the big man,

Please don't talk about 3 All Stars on one team and not being able to win the big one. Kobe had 5 Hall of Famers in the starting lineup (Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Himself, Karl Malone, and Shaq) and couldn't get it done because he didn't want to share the ball.

D. Wade carried the Heat to the Championship when they won. Shaq did what he needed to do. As far as the Lakers are concerned Shaq carried them to those championships. Sure Kobe hit some big shots but the work was don by the big man,

Please don't talk about 3 All Stars on one team and not being able to win the big one. Kobe had 5 Hall of Famers in the starting lineup (Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Himself, Karl Malone, and Shaq) and couldn't get it done because he didn't want to share the ball.

And how many All Stars did Detroit have? Plus you failed to mention that Payton and Malone were a shell of themselves. Duuuhhhh??

Besides, the Lakers DID win, not one, not two, but THREE championships and multiple Western Conference championships. Nash hasn't won one of either.:lol:

Even Magic, Worthy, Kareem and Scott couldn't win 'em all.

Kobe carried them to some series wins in the west, especially against the Spurs and Blazers in the hack-a-shaq era. Once they got to the finals the East had nothing to counter inside so Shaq took over.

And how many All Stars did Detroit have? Duuuhhhh?? Besides, the Lakers DID win, not one, not two, but THREE championships and multiple Western Conference championships. Nash hasn't won one of either.:lol:

Even Magic, Worthy, Kareem and Scott couldn't win 'em all.

Jayrob. I don't care how many allstars Detroit had. Lebron beat an almost identical Detroit team by himself so if you have Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, and Shaq you should sweep Detroit. I guess asking Kobe to share the rock was too much for you to bear. :retard:

Jayrob. I don't care how many allstars Detroit had. Lebron beat an almost identical Detroit team by himself so if you have Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, and Shaq you should sweep Detroit. I guess asking Kobe to share the rock was too much for you to bear. :retard:

You don't care how many All Stars they had?!:lol:

Dude, those Detroit players have gotten old. No way they can be compared to their championship days. When was the last time Detroit won a championship? Three years ago? Now they're trailing an average 76ers team, and you still think they're the same team?! Come on dude, get with the program here.

You don't care how many All Stars they had?!:lol:

Dude, those Detroit players have gotten old. No way they can be compared to their championship days. When was the last time Detroit won a championship? Three years ago? Now they're trailing an average 76ers team, and you still think they're the same team?! Come on dude, get with the program here.

That don't have nothing to do with age that's all coaching. Flip can't coach to save his life.

So you're telling me that Detroit should have beat The Lakers that year??? You need to get real. Kobe couldn't win with a dream team.

That don't have nothing to do with age that's all coaching. Flip can't coach to save his life.

So you're telling me that Detroit should have beat The Lakers that year??? You need to get real. Kobe couldn't win with a dream team.

Neither could Shaq or Payton (Malone was hurt).

That series was Ben Wallace's coming out party.

ALL coaching?!:lol: Does Flip shoot free throws? Does Flip shoot jump shots? Does Flip rebound? No, no and no.

Dude, if this was a court and you presented your argument, the judge would throw you and your weak case out of the courtroom.:smh::smh:

Simple answer....Kobe's teammates are hitting shots now and the Lakers had the best record in the tougher Western Conference. Last year, they were the eighth seed team, whereas this year, they're the number one seed.

According to the voters, team records hold a lot of weight. This is why Kobe will win MVP this year.

The question was never why he will be MVP, i'm pretty sure he'll end up getting it. The question was, why is he more deserving than say Chris Paul or Kevin Garnett. Last I checked, the V stands for Valuable, it should be more than just an award for the best player on the best team. Besides, if it's a team record argument, KG wins that hands down. His team is 66-16, and before you come say they played in the East, Boston went 25-5 against the West, including thumping the Lakers twice. You've already shown in this thread that CP3 is more deserving, like you said, if you shut down him, you shut down the Hornets. The Lakers can overcome an off night from Kobe (see game one), that's not true with the Hornets and Paul.

The question was never why he will be MVP, i'm pretty sure he'll end up getting it. The question was, why is he more deserving than say Chris Paul or Kevin Garnett. Last I checked, the V stands for Valuable, it should be more than just an award for the best player on the best team. Besides, if it's a team record argument, KG wins that hands down. His team is 66-16, and before you come say they played in the East, Boston went 25-5 against the West, including thumping the Lakers twice. You've already shown in this thread that CP3 is more deserving, like you said, if you shut down him, you shut down the Hornets. The Lakers can overcome an off night from Kobe (see game one), that's not true with the Hornets and Paul.

I think Kobe should win it, but you made some good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back