NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Quoted for emphasis.

Not saying that the Cavs will win the series but they are better defensively with a healthy Delly. Mozgov is a double double machine and freaking James Jones was the X Factor.

Again....

The Grizzlies were up 2-1 on them and won 3 straight so I won't count them out but man that defense the Cavs is playing is ferocious

Again....

The Grizzlies were up 2-1 on them and won 3 straight so I won't count them out but man that defense the Cavs is playing is ferocious

The Cavs' defense has gotten better in no small part because their worst two defenders (although in Kyrie's defense he played the defensive game of his life in game 1) are wearing street clothes. One difference between this series and Memphis is that there's no obvious defensive adjustment to make for the Warriors. The Cavs may only have 7 legit NBA players at this point, but none of them are players you can ignore on offense. Also, Barnes and Green, who torched Memphis (especially Barnes), have mostly no showed the Finals. On the flipside, the Warriors finally made adjustments that got Curry open looks in the fourth. That bears watching moving forward.

Still, I'm shocked that LeBron has been able to drag what's left of this roster to two wins.

The Cavs' defense has gotten better in no small part because their worst two defenders (although in Kyrie's defense he played the defensive game of his life in game 1) are wearing street clothes. One difference between this series and Memphis is that there's no obvious defensive adjustment to make for the Warriors. The Cavs may only have 7 legit NBA players at this point, but none of them are players you can ignore on offense. Also, Barnes and Green, who torched Memphis (especially Barnes), have mostly no showed the Finals. On the flipside, the Warriors finally made adjustments that got Curry open looks in the fourth. That bears watching moving forward.

Still, I'm shocked that LeBron has been able to drag what's left of this roster to two wins.

And they are doing it at the worst time (especially Green) in a contract year for both.

I agree with you about Curry in the fourth. If that monster has been awaken, it could Game 4 of the Warriors/Grizzlies all over again.

They have held GS to under 100 all 3 games. If they repeat that, Cavs will win.

And they are doing it at the worst time (especially Green) in a contract year for both.

I agree with you about Curry in the fourth. If that monster has been awaken, it could Game 4 of the Warriors/Grizzlies all over again.

They have held GS to under 100 all 3 games. If they repeat that, Cavs will win.
I still think Green will get paid this offseason. He was never going to be a max guy but he could get 8-10M a year.

This lady froze up when the usher caught her ass.. LOL!

Exactly!!!! See they say this bullshit because they feel they can't be touched. Notice Lebron stopped dead in his tracks.....I bet she had that "oh fuck what did I say moment" not knowing if Lebron was going to come over there.

This is what I like about Lebron his self control and class when faced with adverse situations.

Exactly!!!! See they say this bullshit because they feel they can't be touched. Notice Lebron stopped dead in his tracks.....I bet she had that "oh fuck what did I say moment" not knowing if Lebron was going to come over there.

This is what I like about Lebron his self control and class when faced with adverse situations.

I bet she wouldn't have tried that mess with Ron Artest LOL

Because Kerr finally got the brilliant idea that maybe he should play the 2-time NBA all-star David Lee. Because of his passing and action in the pick-n-roll with Curry, the Warriors got it back to a 1-point game.

Because Kerr finally got the brilliant idea that maybe he should play the 2-time NBA all-star David Lee. Because of his passing and action in the pick-n-roll with Curry, the Warriors got it back to a 1-point game.

I never thought he should have completely taken Lee out of the rotation, but giving Green the bulk of the minutes was the right call for the season. I'll be interested to see how Cleveland adjusts. I'd guard him with LeBron and then attack him in pick and roll on the other end, considering how poorly he defends.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I never thought he should have completely taken Lee out of the rotation, but giving Green the bulk of the minutes was the right call for the season. I'll be interested to see how Cleveland adjusts. I'd guard him with LeBron and then attack him in pick and roll on the other end, considering how poorly he defends.

Seems like the rookie coach with no NBA experience whatsoever (Blatt) along with his co-head coach (Lebron) are making better adjustments than the rookie coach with 5 rings.

Lebron is gonna punish him on the offensive side and then you will have to go back with Green
who might have checked out by then (they better hope he hasn't)

Seems like the rookie coach with no NBA experience whatsoever (Blatt) along with his co-head coach (Lebron) are making better adjustments than the rookie coach with 5 rings.

Lebron is gonna punish him on the offensive side and then you will have to go back with Green

Well rings as a player have no bearing on coaching ability. Derek Fisher has five rings too and still managed to helm a dumpster fire in New York. It's not NBA experience, but Blatt does have over two decades of coaching experience at the international level. That counts for something. I won't completely dismiss Kerr and staff just yet, the Bogut on Allen matchup was a change no one saw coming (even though Thompson on Conley was probably more important). I don't think more David Lee (as well as more Iggy) will be the only change. I think they'll play Curry off the ball more as well, which got him some free looks in the fourth quarter.

GS only hope is for the Cavs wear down or have an injury to another key player. It would be different if the Cavs was on some hot shooting streak or utilizing some exotic new defense. They're shooting poorly and their preferred offense this series is one that any defense would be happy to go against. Instead it's just old fashion hustle from a group of big athletes with an all time great leading the way. That's not going to change unless they wear down.

Reactions: JR
These games are too competitive to cancel GS out. The are too good of a shooting team to count out. I can't see the Cavs up 3-1, but if they somehow pull it off the next game, I think it might be checkmate.

Too much money on the table for this series not to go 7

with that said 2-2 heading back to Golden State...

He may be a rookie NBA coach but in Europe he is a 15 time champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back