NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cause nobody flopped back in the day.

Of course YOU would say that to be condescending and post an irrelevant article. Of course no one said it never happened back in the day but there have been weekly montages on Sportsnation of cats flopping like they got their nose broke and teeth knocked out and it's got out of hand. You can't have everyone (including the best player on the planet) flopping like that in the 2nd biggest sport in this country.

The flopping is only an extension of the softness of these guys today. SWAC basketball is more physical than the NBA right now

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LOL
So, the Cavs didn't need Wiggins or Love to make the Finals.

Sports are cray. LOL

No but they needed Love to get that #2 seed which helped them make it to the Finals. Without Love they would have been a #4 or #5 seed.

there have been weekly montages on Sportsnation of cats flopping like they got their nose broke and teeth knocked out and it's got out of hand.
The flopping is only an extension of the softness of these guys today. SWAC basketball is more physical than the NBA right now

Like I said earlier:

(Flopping) is getting more attention now because the NBA -- like almost everything else -- is under so much scrutiny because of all the nationally televised games, the social media, the internet, 24-hour media, the talk shows, etc. Bottom line is people are exposed to basketball more than ever and tend to make issue out of things that weren't issues before.

We don't know whether guys flopped more or less then than they do now because nobody belabored the acts on TV or the internet. There was no Sports Nation or all these debate shows that played highlights of flopping or talked about it ad nauseam to fill 24 hours of air time.

And your last statement is just rooted in wrong.

Like I said earlier:

We don't know whether guys flopped more or less then than they do now because nobody belabored the acts on TV or the internet. There was no Sports Nation or all these debate shows that played highlights of flopping or talked about it ad nauseam to fill 24 hours of air time.

And your last statement is just rooted in wrong.
We do know that in the 90's, players were not flopping as much as they do today. They were a few that did it back then but definitely not as many that we have today.

We know that flopping has gotten so bad today that players are being fined for it. I don't recall that ever happening in the 90's or before that time.

We know that flopping has gotten so bad today that players are being fined for it. I don't recall that ever happening in the 90's or before that time.

Vlade Divac was pretty much the only one doing all that flopping. But you're right. It' seems to be second natured with a number of these players.

Curry is nutting it up again. I think dude is having some major confidence issues right now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LMAO!!!!!! Curry is tired and spent. He has to work to get those points now. It's starting to wear on him. He's getting tired. And you can tell he's thinking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back