Mathieu kicked off the team at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If You Were Mathieu's Parents: Where Would You Promote Him Transferring To?

Some people would say anything to validate their point.

You aint never lied about that. Some folks will say something wrong as hell trying to make a point.

Incorrect. LSU wasn't having it. They wanted to keep eye on him. That's why they SENT him to McNeese. He couldn't stay in Baton Rouge. That was part of his deal. My cuz played for McNeese at the time. When they received their grades, it didn't say McNeese, it still said LSU-Lake Charles.
Dude I saw him leaving Pete's office. SU was his first stop.

McNeese is part of the LSU System. It had nothing to do with his proximity to home.
Remember, that was a booster's daughter he got in trouble with. Trust on this 1.
McNeese is part of the UL System.

Heard at work today that his old db coach Ron Cooper may be trying to get him at AAMU.

Josh Jasper (former LSU kicker) tweets that Tyrann Mathieu has transferred to McNeese State. #LSU

We can shut this thing on down

You aint never lied about that. Some folks will say something wrong as hell trying to make a point.

It is almost like watching an episode of the Maury Povich Show where a female tries to point out physical features such as the nose, fingers, eyes, lips, or whatever to prove that the fourteenth man she brings on the show is her baby's daddy, but the DNA results says he is not the biological father.

Why wouldn't an FBS recruit transfer to a SWAC or MEAC?

Ok, I'm scratching my head at the comments in the Tyrann Mathieu thread in addition to the comments in an earlier thread after reports confirmed Isaiah Crowell was transferring to Alabama State.

You guys down there in the SWAC really don't realize the power and influence that you have as an athletic conference. And, I find it somewhat disturbing at the behavior coming from some of you toward each other on this website that's dedicated to all things SWAC sports.

One of your former head coaches is back on top as having the most wins in Div. 1 football; your pro alumni lists from programs such as Southern, Grambling and Jackson State alone can put put fear in an opponent's eyes; and add to that the conference constantly draws people to its games. Even during losing seasons. Example? Southern will play in at least three games this season that will draw at least 50K: FAMU, Jackson State and Grambling following two miserable losing seasons.

So, why are we as a conference - the MEAC too - so self conscious about our existence? We possess Doug Williams, Mel Blount, Steve McNair, Walter Payton the list goes on and we are on TSPN talking about Mathieu transferring to McNeese State and rag on fellow school Alabama State for landing Crowell.

McNeese State? Really? Really people?

Maybe it's because I'm from Philly, but I remember seeing McNeese's campus and I was not impressed. No offense to anybody with Louisiana pride, but I did not see what the "hoopla" was about at that school. Just didn't. The same with Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston in Texas.

If Southern and/or Grambling let alone any other top SWAC school let Mathieu go to McNeese or some nobody regional institution like Northwestern State, you guys have no one to blame but yourselves. Real talk.

Re: Why wouldn't an FBS recruit transfer to a SWAC or MEAC?

Ok, I'm scratching my head at the comments in the Tyrann Mathieu thread in addition to the comments in an earlier thread after reports confirmed Isaiah Crowell was transferring to Alabama State.

You guys down there in the SWAC really don't realize the power and influence that you have as an athletic conference. And, I find it somewhat disturbing at the behavior coming from some of you toward each other on this website that's dedicated to all things SWAC sports.

One of your former head coaches is back on top as having the most wins in Div. 1 football; your pro alumni lists from programs such as Southern, Grambling and Jackson State alone can put put fear in an opponent's eyes; and add to that the conference constantly draws people to its games. Even during losing seasons. Example? Southern will play in at least three games this season that will draw at least 50K: FAMU, Jackson State and Grambling following two miserable losing seasons.

So, why are we as a conference - the MEAC too - so self conscious about our existence? We possess Doug Williams, Mel Blount, Steve McNair, Walter Payton the list goes on and we are on TSPN talking about Mathieu transferring to McNeese State and rag on fellow school Alabama State for landing Crowell.

McNeese State? Really? Really people?

Maybe it's because I'm from Philly, but I remember seeing McNeese's campus and I was not impressed. No offense to anybody with Louisiana pride, but I did not see what the "hoopla" was about at that school. Just didn't. The same with Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston in Texas.

If Southern and/or Grambling let alone any other top SWAC school let Mathieu go to McNeese or some nobody regional institution like Northwestern State, you guys have no one to blame but yourselves. Real talk.

Not smacking your post because I agree with a lot of it....but if you're a Philly Jag....assuming you went to Southern.....be all the with us or all the way without us. see bold comments. But you're right......

Not smacking your post because I agree with a lot of it....but if you're a Philly Jag....assuming you went to Southern.....be all the with us or all the way without us. see bold comments. But you're right......

I didn't type that to be demeaning. I phrased my comment in second person rather first person for emphasis.

Last edited:

Jag, I posted a few months ago about how a scout last year at my youth camp said that he looks differently at cats who leave top FBS schools and go places like the SWAC vs going some where like Montana, Appalachian (not putting Mcneese on that level) and cats were ready to boot me off the board. I am not sure. Maybe our reputation as a conference? However, all of us have had success attracting transfers. JSU had a D-1 defense basically in 2007. Bama state had Nigel Carr and company last year.

If the time line on this is true this to already been done if he was kicked off yesterday or today he was told to sign with Mcneese not recruited

Slave mentality. White America has told us that anything white is better. If it can't be a big white FBS, it must be a white FCS. Black scouts buy into this also because they are afraid to challenge the norm.

I don't think he could have been contacted by coaches from other schools. The NCAA doesn't allow it.

I don't have proof, just an opinion... Those "kicked off" players from FBS schools are "advised" where to go by the very same folks who sent them packing! Unless Doug is in good with Les Miles, Matthieu won't even consider Gram or SU. Just my opinion!

I don't have proof, just an opinion... Those "kicked off" players from FBS schools are "advised" where to go by the very same folks who sent them packing! Unless Doug is in good with Les Miles, Matthieu won't even consider Gram or SU. Just my opinion!

So sad, but true. Black America is trapped in mental slavery. You have black folks even talking bout don't take him, he is a trouble maker and don't have a ounce of info on the matter while the same people that kicked him off are engineering his signing at a predominant white school. How is it okay for McNeese to make $$$ off black talent but not GSU or SU. House ***** slave mentality I tell ya.

So sad, but true. Black America is trapped in mental slavery. You have black folks even talking bout don't take him, he is a trouble maker and don't have a ounce of info on the matter while the same people that kicked him off are engineering his signing at a predominant white school. How is it okay for McNeese to make $$$ off black talent but not GSU or SU. House ***** slave mentality I tell ya.

The question is, how many of them even want to go to a SWAC or MEAC school? It's safe to say the order of priority goes BCS -> Non BCS FBS -> Top 25 FCS -> The rest. They don't come because it's basically the worst level of competition aside from going D-II or D-III if you want to be realistic.

I don't think he could have been contacted by coaches from other schools. The NCAA doesn't allow it.

Once he was released from his scholarship he would have been able to be contacted by anyone. Thats why I say the process had already been done for him cause no way he could have gotten a release and signed in less then a couple of hours. The process is a simple as a couple of hours

While I agree with many of the OPs supporting arguments, we have not leveraged those attributes into a competitive advantage on and off the field to be seen in the best light possible given or level and circumstances. Except for those schools in FCS that are the biggest schools in their state, there is no way we should not be dominant in FCS. During the playoffs or during the season, it doesnt matter. But we rarely do well OOC unless it is against each other and honestly we tend to play a brand of football that is less fundamentally sound.

Being that he is from New Orleans...Southern has the better chance of landing him.if not SU then Grambling because of Doug Williams. I think a lot LSU fans has sympathy for him. I don't think Baton Rouge folx will be hard or tough on him if goes to Southern. It's not like he bashed LSU,but he made a mistake.And that mistake results from being young. As for him choosing a White FCS school over a black fcs school,well those same reasons he chose LSU over SU are probably still there in his mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back