Mathieu kicked off the team at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why wouldn't an FBS recruit transfer to a SWAC or MEAC?

Mathieu considering Prairie View A&M, Jackson State, and McNeese State.

The question is, how many of them even want to go to a SWAC or MEAC school? It's safe to say the order of priority goes BCS -> Non BCS FBS -> Top 25 FCS -> The rest. They don't come because it's basically the worst level of competition aside from going D-II or D-III if you want to be realistic.

Thank you! It's amazing how some of us have come up with the most extreme (and unproven) conclusions as to where these kids decide to go to school after they have been kicked off of BCS teams. At the end of the day, when all of the calls have been made and offers have been presented, these kids go to school where they want to go for whatever reason.

How was the mentality of Crowell going to Bama State from Georgia different from Mathieu going to McNeese from LSU when both originally made the decision to attend PWIs? What agreement did Reggie Barlow and Mark Richt come to for Crowell to go to ASU? Crowell and Mathieu are where they are because that is where they want to be given the choice they had. Nothing more nothing less.

Former LSU cornerback and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu is considering enrolling at McNeese State, a source told ESPN on Saturday.

LSU kicker Josh Jasper caused a stir when he tweeted that Mathieu had already transferred to McNeese State, where he could play immediately, but that is not the case, sources said.

Mathieu also is considering Jackson State and Prairie View A&M after ruling out Southern because he wants to leave Baton Rouge, The Times-Picayune reported.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-mathieu-options-include-mcneese-state-source

I don't have proof, just an opinion... Those "kicked off" players from FBS schools are "advised" where to go by the very same folks who sent them packing! Unless Doug is in good with Les Miles, Matthieu won't even consider Gram or SU. Just my opinion!
IMO,
he probably can't choose SU since SU is in the same city of LSU. How do you think the LSU fans would be if he were to succeed across town?

And Gram (and maybe no SWAC schools for this matter) would be a fit for him. Since this is a passing conference, he may get exposed. Even though he is a good player, sooner or later the best db's would be beaten if thrown at enough times. Look at the BCS game. Bama threw at him. All of our teams air it out. Playing against our schools with the spread offense may make him vulnerable.

If you recruited a St. Aug player in the past 4 years you're in the running :emlaugh:

Seriously, Ryan P. was told to head to Jacksonville State despite him telling a few SWAC schools he was going to visit

The big-time players are steered by the PWC coaches as they're great friends with other FCS PWC coaches. The Crowell situation will be interesting to watch as that can turn the tide and imagine Mathieu playing at the State Fair Classic in Dallas or the Port City Classic opening week.

You would think the FBS players hold the cards when they're released but sometimes they're life is in the hand of others from their campus antics they're stuck

Might be off topic, but yall closed the other thread (why do yall close so many threads?)
When Tyrann was being sucessful at LSU people couldn't stop singing his praises, now you go to NOLA.com and everybody is pointing out his flaws. His lack of height, size and speed.

really makes me wonder why anybody would even want to go there, with turn coats and closet racists like that.

Grambling and Southern should be on this like white on rice!

I'm sure Mathieu would fit perfectly with any school in the country.

IMO,
he probably can't choose SU since SU is in the same city of LSU. How do you think the LSU fans would be if he were to succeed across town?

And Gram (and maybe no SWAC schools for this matter) would be a fit for him. Since this is a passing conference, he may get exposed. Even though he is a good player, sooner or later the best db's would be beaten if thrown at enough times. Look at the BCS game. Bama threw at him. All of our teams air it out. Playing against our schools with the spread offense may make him vulnerable.

In the BCS team Mathieu gave up 3 catches for 40 yards and no touchdowns. I don't see that as getting exposed.

I'm going to be honest....the guy is going to stay in Louisiana. Truth be told he's only going to be there one semester and go to the league. I doubt very seriously that he chooses Southern. From what I have been told there is an LSU/McNeese connection within the AD's office which is why I said McNeese prior to the ESPN article.

Honestly....it really does not matter where he goes...he is going to the league. Yet, he will not be a first round draft pick given the disciplinary issues.

The SID at McNeese is the brother of the SID at LSU

if an FBS kid did his research he can get similar exposure at an HBCU due to classics in other cities and other things as looking at McNeese's schedule, what can he get by playing in Murfeesboro, Tennessee in week one?

Last edited:

Yet, he will not be a first round draft pick given the disciplinary issues.

Really? If he has a solid FCS career (how ever long that lasts) and keeps his nose clean, teams won't consider him a first-round talent? Besides, the NFL is full of cats who've had disciplinary issues in college and been taken in the first round.

The SID at McNeese is the brother of the SID at LSU

if an FBS kid did his research he can get similar exposure at an HBCU due to classics in other cities and other things as looking at McNeese's schedule, what can he get by playing in Murfeesboro, Tennessee in week one?

Yup. That's what I was told by an administrator at GSU.

He won't be attending SU. LSU fans would kill themselves.

Really? If he has a solid FCS career (how ever long that lasts) and keeps his nose clean, teams won't consider him a first-round talent? Besides, the NFL is full of cats who've had disciplinary issues in college and been taken in the first round.

I pray he does....I hope he does well. I'm not going to wish bad on him.

Might be off topic, but yall closed the other thread (why do yall close so many threads?)
When Tyrann was being sucessful at LSU people couldn't stop singing his praises, now you go to NOLA.com and everybody is pointing out his flaws. His lack of height, size and speed.

really makes me wonder why anybody would even want to go there, with turn coats and closet racists like that.

:tup:

Tyrann Mathieu is not your typical football player. Just looking at Mathieu's physical physique, one would say he would not make a good football player, but Mathieu's instinctive ability to react to situations quicker than others, makes him a special player, which is something no coach can coach. Most young men with Mathieu's instinctive skills have been labeled not good football players and are considered hard to coach with behavioral problems. Like Bluedog and JROCK said in a previous thread, Mathieu reminds them of Southern University's Sean Wallace who was another individual with those same skills and was not recruited by the big programs because he didn't fit their mold as a football player. I believe HBCUs are missing out on a lot opportunities because they have developed the big programs so-called model of what a football player should look like.

If he wants TV exposure, SU, GSU or JSU are his best bets. SU's first home game is on ESPNU, then they play FAMU on TV, JSU probably on SWACTV, and GSU on NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back