Mathieu kicked off the team at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If You Were Mathieu's Parents: Where Would You Promote Him Transferring To?

Unless it has already been determined,
I think he will end up at McNeese.

McNeese is still under the LSU umbrella. Remember Cecil Collins????
When he was there for the 3 or 4 games, the crowd was increased.
Even the crowd at the fall scrimmages were larger than normal.

Nah. I doubt he heads to McNeese. More than likely he will end up at a bigger name FCS program. Don't rule out Grambling either. Doug may be making some calls.

After thinking about it some more why would anyone want him to stay at SU after all BR is the place he got in trouble at....Plus the local LSU fans and media will be hard on him because of getting in trouble at LSU......

Re: Mathieu kicked off the team?

Some places are saying it was for a 3rd failed drug test. If that is true he can't play for ANY NCAA school after failing a 3rd test.

He can't play for any school after his 1st test. The NCAA suspends for an entire year on the 1st offense. So this cannot be his 3rd NCAA administered failure. I'm guessing this is a school drug test he failed (all 3 times).

Man, I got to see Cecil play in HS when I was stationed at Ft. Polk! He was a beast...it's just too bad he never got his head straight.

Collins tried to come to SU first. Pete wasn't having it.

And all Collins did was watch some White girl sleep. To help cure Cecil's sleep insomnia, LSU should have hired 100 White females so Cecil Collins could have watched them sleep.

Last edited:

He can't play for any school after his 1st test. The NCAA suspends for an entire year on the 1st offense. So this cannot be his 3rd NCAA administered failure. I'm guessing this is a school drug test he failed (all 3 times).

Incorrect.

The NCAA suspends indefinitely after the 3rd test.

(NCAA Bylaw 31.2.3.1): Stimulants, Anabolic Agents, Diuretics, Street Drugs, Peptide Hormones, and Analogues.

Violations

If a student-athlete abuses over-the-counter and/or prescription drugs, or consumes anabolic steroids, alcohol, mind altering, and/or performance enhancing substances illegally, the student-athlete's status on the team will be jeopardized. Illegal consumption includes any action that violates federal, state, city, or university law. If the student-athlete receives a citation for drugs, alcohol, or illegal substances and is found guilty, pleads no contest, receives a deferred judgment, or is convicted, sanctions will be imposed. Citations include, but are not limited to, underage drinking, open containers of alcohol, providing alcohol to minors, illegal possession of drugs, driving or operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.

The following sanctions are proposed to ensure consistency and fairness. The primary principle is that any student-athlete with a substance abuse problem needs to receive appropriate treatment and counseling. The sanctions imposed on the student-athlete with regard to participation in athletic competition should be consistent with the goals of the individualized counseling program. This protocol attempts to balance treatment and sanctions, recognizing that the medical fitness of a student-athlete and the safety of other members of the team are of paramount concern.

- First Violation

Following a first violation, the student-athlete will confer with the Director of Athletics and Head Coach to discuss the situation. The student-athlete will also attend mandatory counseling or educational sessions on campus as set by Student Life. Failure to complete the counseling or educational sessions will be construed as a further violation of the policy and may result in dismissal or suspension.

After the first violation, student-athletes will be subject to athletic department random drug testing, as the standard of reasonable suspicion will have been established. A positive drug test of any of the NCAA banned drugs found in Bylaw 31 of the NCAA Manual is a violation of "said university" Substance Abuse Policy and will result in the imposition of appropriate sanctions.

Depending on the severity of the violation, the Director of Athletics may suspend a student-athlete from the team, practice, competition, weight-conditioning, and team travel.

Team rules may be more stringent than this policy. Accordingly, the Head Coach may impose additional sanctions based upon a violation of a team rule.

- Second Violation

A second violation will result in a minimum suspension of 10% of the season. This includes competition and may include practice as determined by the Director of Athletics. If the violation occurs out-of-season, the suspension will begin at the start of the next season of competition.

The student-athlete will attend a second counseling and educational session. Appropriate University health care professionals will determine the length of counseling.

The student-athlete will continue to be subject to the Department's drug testing protocol.

There will be a second conference between the student-athlete, the Director of Athletics, the "said university" Medical Coordinator, and the Head Coach. Subsequent to the meeting and based upon the severity of the violation, the Director of Athletics, in his sole discretion, may increase the time of the suspension.

Team rules may be more stringent than this abuse policy. Accordingly the Head Coach, at his/her discretion, may impose additional sanctions.

- Third Violation

A third violation will result in the immediate removal of the student-athlete from one season of competition and may include dismissal from the team. The student-athlete may seek reinstatement. The student-athlete may submit a formal request detailing the reasons why he or she seeks reinstatement. This formal request may include the reason and circumstances surrounding the violations, ways in which the student-athlete is seeking to address the pattern of drug and alcohol abuse, etc. The request for reinstatement must be filed within two weeks of the student-athlete being suspended or dismissed from the team.

Incorrect. LSU wasn't having it. They wanted to keep eye on him. That's why they SENT him to McNeese. He couldn't stay in Baton Rouge. That was part of his deal. My cuz played for McNeese at the time. When they received their grades, it didn't say McNeese, it still said LSU-Lake Charles.

I know one thing these coaches better keep their mouths shut about him. Don't want to hear from the NCAA about tampering, until he officially has his walking papers and is off their campus.

:nod:

Incorrect. LSU wasn't having it. They wanted to keep eye on him. That's why they SENT him to McNeese. He couldn't stay in Baton Rouge. That was part of his deal. My cuz played for McNeese at the time. When they received their grades, it didn't say McNeese, it still said LSU-Lake Charles.

:tup:

McNeese was closer to his home town Leesville.

McNeese was closer to his home town Leesville.
McNeese is part of the LSU System. It had nothing to do with his proximity to home.
Remember, that was a booster's daughter he got in trouble with. Trust on this 1.

McNeese is part of the LSU System. It had nothing to do with his proximity to home.
Remember, that was a booster's daughter he got in trouble with. Trust on this 1.

I see you don't know much about the three (3) systems that governs Louisiana's universities. McNeese is part of the University of Louisiana System.

http://ulsystem.net/

LSU System? Where did you get that info from?

I am disappointed that he failed himself. Hopefully he lands on his feet. Like Bluedog stated, he reminds me a lot of Sean Wallace.

I am disappointed that he failed himself. Hopefully he lands on his feet. Like Bluedog stated, he reminds me a lot of Sean Wallace.

I remember when Sean Wallace played in the Heritage Bowl against SCState. Sean was a beast. Was Sean from New Orleans and did he graduate from St. Aug.?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S2ckeVyNsUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I remember when Sean Wallace played in the Heritage Bowl I against SCState. Sean was a beast. Was Sean from New Orleans and St. Aug.?

I think he played at o.p., I could be wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I think he played at o.p., I could be wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I knew he was from New Olreans, but wasn't sure which school he attended. A lot people would say Sean was too small to play his position, but he had made a lot of people three times his size experience some serious pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back