Mathieu kicked off the team at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why wouldn't an FBS recruit transfer to a SWAC or MEAC?

:tup:

Tyrann Mathieu is not your typical football player. Just looking at Mathieu's physical physique, one would say he would not make a good football player, but Mathieu's instinctive ability to react to situations quicker than others, makes him a special player, which is something no coach can coach. Most young men with Mathieu's instinctive skills have been labeled not good football players and are considered hard to coach with behavioral problems. Like Bluedog and JROCK said in a previous thread, Mathieu reminds them of Southern University's Sean Wallace who was another individual with those same skills and was not recruited by the big programs because he didn't fit their mold as a football player. I believe HBCUs are missing out on a lot opportunities because they have developed the big programs so-called model of what a football player should look like.

AMEN!

That's one of primary problems. The other problems deal with trying to maintain a historical recruitment, advancement, and scheduling versus the more recent manner.

The SID at McNeese is the brother of the SID at LSU

if an FBS kid did his research he can get similar exposure at an HBCU due to classics in other cities and other things as looking at McNeese's schedule, what can he get by playing in Murfeesboro, Tennessee in week one?

So you saying scouts will all of a sudden forget Tyrann Mathieu exists if he attends McNeese State?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

If he wants TV exposure, SU, GSU or JSU are his best bets. SU's first home game is on ESPNU, then they play FAMU on TV, JSU probably on SWACTV, and GSU on NBC.

If I was Mathieu I would choose JSU or GSU.

So you saying scouts will all of a sudden forget Tyrann Mathieu exists if he attends McNeese State?

Kendrick...I agree with you...this is why I hate the SWAC. We forget about these other FCS conferences and think they are weak. Yet, our presidential leadership does give our schools the chance to schedule these other FCS schools based on that old ass 9 game mandate.

If he wants TV exposure, SU, GSU or JSU are his best bets. SU's first home game is on ESPNU, then they play FAMU on TV, JSU probably on SWACTV, and GSU on NBC.

Not to mention at least he could play one SEC team if he came to JSU against Miss State. Gram would be good too because they play TCU. Mcneese state plays no one on that level. at least he could add that to his resume. who knows.

If a kid seeks the limelight, the SWAC is the place to be on the FCS level as you would have the folks in mainstream media asking 'where is that' and we need to see where he is?

Playing regional ball is fine but those SEC cats have egos and they love the spotlight. However, our best athletes have allowed others to control them who don't understand HBCUs so they steer them elsewhere

Not to mention at least he could play one SEC team if he came to JSU against Miss State. Gram would be good too because they play TCU. Mcneese state plays no one on that level. at least he could add that to his resume. who knows.

To be fair, its not like Mathieu is some kid fresh out of high school playing at the FCS level. He's played two years in the SEC. So, talent evaluators already have a pretty good idea how he can perform against BCS-level competition.

Scouts are going to want to look at if he can play at the same level he did at LSU on a new team, in a new league and against a completely different level of competition. How Mathieu handles this transition will say a lot about him as a potential NFL player.

Hmmmm, I just left campus :)

He is going to McNeese, the writing is on the wall.

Wherever he attends school, I hope his pro career leads him to my beloved Steelers. He's the 2nd coming of Troy Polamolu.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
His father played at Alcorn.

There are advantages with every school on the list. JSU has more to offer than the others but I'm biased. at the end of the day i expect him to attend McNeese.

There are advantages with every school on the list. JSU has more to offer than the others but I'm biased. at the end of the day i expect him to attend McNeese.

One thing JSU might have on McNeese is he may want to get outta of Louisiana its gonna still be alot of local Louisiana nd Baton Rouge press on him there...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the correction. i wonder what the connection with PV then?

We only have 2 games there this year.

We can show him Reliant, Cotton Bowl, Liberty Bowl, Fargo Dome.....

..and Mississippi Veteran's Memorial Stadium.

If those three are truly his choices, if he talks to ANY JSU fan, this is a wrap :lol:

We play our first two games on TV vs MSState and TNState both in front of 50K fans. We will play SU and Homecoming in front of 40K+ plus fans. ..and we travel to Alcorn for a sellout crowd. He would also get to stomp on the "G" at Grambling! We are going to pack the house every week in Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back