Mathieu kicked off the team at LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mathieu kicked off the team?

Economic impact???? Forget the Honey Badger! We need to try and find a way to get our "loyal fanbase" back on our side of town and back in blue and gold instead of purple and gold......

Seems like all those ass whippings at St. Aug. really didn't help some people.

Economic impact???? Forget the Honey Badger! We need to try and find a way to get our "loyal fanbase" back on our side of town and back in blue and gold instead of purple and gold......

Ravel, Loyalty won't work in 2012. You know why as bad as we talk about these Reality Shows on VH1, WE STILL watch them and they get ratings? In 2012, people love Drama.

I agree with this. I would love to see him in blue and gold, but the truth remains will he get healthy and contribute well to society rather than people trying to use him to fill seats.
I got to give propers to Coach Miles on this move.

See when you get in trouble once...then you do it again....then you do it AGAIN. No matter where you go, you will be a problem.

Do you think from a fan view, will bringing dude in help the program. I mean just from a fan scope

He would help for the first game or two. But if WE(SU) aint winning. Folks aint going to give a fugg about the Honey Badger. He will be just another cat on the team that aint winning. Now if he comes over and PLAYS WELL combined with SU winning games. Then that is another story. The crowd will be back anyway if SU wins games. That is the bottom line. Honey Badger or no Honey Badger. I am sure his HS team mate (SU WR Charles Hawkins) is probably trying to convince him to come over. LOL.

um...I thought a coach can limit the school(s) a player can transfer to. Or maybe that's an old NCAA wives' tale.

JSU Coach Darrin Hayes went to high school with the Honey Badger's mom....

His classmate and HS Team mate from St Aug is our starting WR. So there a lot of angles in this one. They all worked out together this summer.

um...I thought a coach can limit the school(s) a player can transfer to. Or maybe that's an old NCAA wives' tale.

In the interview, Bo Ryan attempted to defend his decision to block redshirt freshman big Jarrod Uthoff from transferring to twenty-five different schools (eleven in the Big Ten, twelve in the ACC, Marquette, and Iowa State. Ryan, the prestigious coach of a renowned college basketball program, reported that incidents as such had been going on for years and the banning of two dozen schools is nothing new to the NCAA.

In December 2008, former University of Miami head coach Randy Shannon restricted starting quarterback Robert Marve to transfer to any schools in Florida, in the SEC, or in the ACC. After public scrutiny, Shannon lifted some of the restrictions, yet still kept the ban on ACC schools, the University of Florida, Louisiana State University, and the University of Tennessee. Marve would eventually transfer to Purdue, a Big Ten team that was not listed as prohibited.

Just following the end to the 2011 college football season, University of Maryland head coach Randy Edsall prohibited quarterback Danny O’Brien from transferring to any ACC school, any school Maryland was scheduled to play, and Vanderbilt, whose head coach is former Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin. Edsall would eventually lift every restriction.

http://sportsuntold.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/held-hostage/

Not from my understanding if the player is thrown off the team. Now if the player just wants to "transfer" just because....then the school can say no. But I would have to look further.

So do all these folks want the Honey Badger at their school to provide a nurturing, caring environment that HBCUs offer or because this kid is really good at football?

He would help for the first game or two. But if WE(SU) aint winning. Folks aint going to give a fugg about the Honey Badger. He will be just another cat on the team that aint winning. Now if he comes over and PLAYS WELL combined with SU winning games. Then that is another story. The crowd will be back anyway if SU wins games. That is the bottom line. Honey Badger or no Honey Badger. I am sure his HS team mate (SU WR Charles Hawkins) is probably trying to convince him to come over. LOL.

But you gotta think, in most cases dudes be SRs but this cat is only a JR. and he's coming off from New York. I think dude will make a lot of plays on both sides of the ball.

So do all these folks want the Honey Badger at their school to provide a nurturing, caring environment that HBCUs offer or because this kid is really good at football?

Because he is really good in football. It is what it is. Sad...but true.

No matter where Mathieu goes, he'll only enroll in the Fall semester. He's basically going to declare for the NFL draft in the winter.

This is worst than Doug trying to get Maurice Clarett.

White woman, weed, red necks, and Black athletes at LSU is a bad combination.

Last edited:

But you gotta think, in most cases dudes be SRs but this cat is only a JR. and he's coming off from New York. I think dude will make a lot of plays on both sides of the ball.

True as that may be (and I don't think he staying wherever he goes longer than a year, assuming he's even eligible at all this year), it won't make a bit of difference if Southern isn't winning ball games in terms of attendance. People aren't going to pack the stands to see him playing for a team that goes 3-8 no matter where he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back