Jackson State Football Notes: 2008-Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homer...LOL

Man we had one weak spot and he redeemed himself in the SCG. He shut down Clyde and block a field goal. We replaced him and added some mean cats with him.

Man your DB's and LB's were weak last year. Man those dude could not cover a ant with a blanket...

PV go lucky. Oh yeah our first team defense. Look out they all know each others tendencies and they all are hungry..

12-0................12-0.....

speaks reminds me of that Killer from the Ravens....:kiss:

He didn't give up a touchdown, but he didn't shut down Clyde. Clyde actually finished with 7 catches for 72 yards which isn't bad... what hampered us is a good enuff pass rush to cause Landers to turn it over and Oliver making plays that he didn't make in the first game. We played poorly, yall had a lot to do with that...but it wasn't a dominating defensive performance. Remember, we scored points and moved the ball as well. Your defense is good...but it wasn't dominant. I don't think it will be dominant this year either. Other teams have offensive talent returning and new. You will be tested!

:ebrow:
He didn't give up a touchdown, but he didn't shut down Clyde. Clyde actually finished with 7 catches for 72 yards which isn't bad... what hampered us is a good enuff pass rush to cause Landers to turn it over and Oliver making plays that he didn't make in the first game. We played poorly, yall had a lot to do with that...but it wasn't a dominating defensive performance. Remember, we scored points and moved the ball as well. Your defense is good...but it wasn't dominant. I don't think it will be dominant this year either. Other teams have offensive talent returning and new. You will be tested!

Biggs I got that game on tape. Our WR were running by your Db's. The problem is Jimmy had no arm so he had to improvise. Our Pass rush was beating your guys up. Really had it not been for those bogus call you guys would have lost 42-17. I watched it this weekend again. Man Atkins,Clark,Pogue,Coit,Breland and Brooks was throwing your guys around left and right. And you guys forgot how Giles ran reck shop on your Defense. Dude had two TDs and several big runs. He laid several of your players out when they tackled him.

First game was all on the coaches. We scored easily but then they got cute on defense and moved our Lock down corner to safety and had speaks on the sideline. Add to that they benched Jimmy for no reason and esentially handed you that game. Again your DB's were getting blown by and we never ran on the edge. The few times we did we picked up big yards. they kept trying to run it up the gut.

We were not great last season, we had weaknesses but in the end we pulled it all together. Was the Mafia satified? Heyal know but we was rbuilding This teams seams ready to erase the mistakes of last season.
Man I'm so happy we have a QB that can hit WR in stride and still be mobile. I'm glad we have backs in camp who can run and break tackles and I know we got an OL and WR who can catch..Defnsively we loaded...comegy just working on the second and third string now.:ebrow:

:ebrow:

Biggs I got that game on tape. Our WR were running by your Db's. The problem is Jimmy had no arm so he had to improvise. Our Pass rush was beating your guys up. Really had it not been for those bogus call you guys would have lost 42-17. I watched it this weekend again. Man Atkins,Clark,Pogue,Coit,Breland and Brooks was throwing your guys around left and right. And you guys forgot how Giles ran reck shop on your Defense. Dude had two TDs and several big runs. He laid several of your players out when they tackled him.

First game was all on the coaches. We scored easily but then they got cute on defense and moved our Lock down corner to safety and had speaks on the sideline. Add to that they benched Jimmy for no reason and esentially handed you that game. Again your DB's were getting blown by and we never ran on the edge. The few times we did we picked up big yards. they kept trying to run it up the gut.

We were not great last season, we had weaknesses but in the end we pulled it all together. Was the Mafia satified? Heyal know but we was rbuilding This teams seams ready to erase the mistakes of last season.
Man I'm so happy we have a QB that can hit WR in stride and still be mobile. I'm glad we have backs in camp who can run and break tackles and I know we got an OL and WR who can catch..Defnsively we loaded...comegy just working on the second and third string now.:ebrow:

SHAW I NEED A COPY LIKE YESTERDAY SO GET AT ME...That was pretty much the difference in the SCG why the game was close the way it was because of the 2 bad calls by the REFs that led to two touchdowns by GSU. The SCG was the only game where I felt our team played to its true identity on both sides of the ball. They showed good discipline and played the way champions play. If the SCG was in anyway a preview of what this year will bring then i know Im in for a treat.

SHAW I NEED A COPY LIKE YESTERDAY SO GET AT ME...That was pretty much the difference in the SCG why the game was close the way it was because of the 2 bad calls by the REFs that led to two touchdowns by GSU. The SCG was the only game where I felt our team played to its true identity on both sides of the ball. They showed good discipline and played the way champions play. If the SCG was in anyway a preview of what this year will bring then i know Im in for a treat.

Man it's on the DVR and I don't have a Recorder. I have to make sure my kids don't delete it trying to save every Disney Movie on TV..SMH

It will be running when we play Hampton, TSU and the Corn.

Those calls were part of the game... we capitalized. If not those plays, we would have made others...that's just how Grambling plays. Especially against JSU... no smack, but we are really stunned when you guys manage to get a win. You out played us in the SCG...I ain't denying that. But yall managed to get a win over a team that to be honest was mentally and emotionally as well as physically spent. Not an excuse cuz you can't come into a game with that mindset. But it happened and anyone that knows football understand the three game stretch and distractions can take a toll. Sept 20th...is it the 20th cuz I'm really not sure... is gonna be the end of the speculation. We always seem to do that to yall...same thing this year. Seriously (thanks Robber)

Those calls were part of the game... we capitalized.

Um, actually that is apart of SWAC football, and NOT part of the REAL game of football. As we all know, the SWAC is average league at best with below average officials. Had the SWAC implemented instant reply in the championship game, it would have been an entirely different story and you know it. You all came back from that deficit over two HORRIBLE calls that even the commentators had to chime in on! :nod: :shame:

Overall, that game had the makings to be a blowout if the correct calls were made. So don't go and say those calls are apart of the game. Had this been 1-A, it would be a completely different ball game and you would be crying right now over an OBVIOUS ass whipping! :lol:

Those calls were part of the game... we capitalized. If not those plays, we would have made others...that's just how Grambling plays. Especially against JSU... no smack, but we are really stunned when you guys manage to get a win. You out played us in the SCG...I ain't denying that. But yall managed to get a win over a team that to be honest was mentally and emotionally as well as physically spent. Not an excuse cuz you can't come into a game with that mindset. But it happened and anyone that knows football understand the three game stretch and distractions can take a toll. Sept 20th...is it the 20th cuz I'm really not sure... is gonna be the end of the speculation. We always seem to do that to yall...same thing this year. Seriously (thanks Robber)

MB, how can you be mentally, emotionally and physically spent after having an entire month to prepare for one game? Come on bruh, I still sense that you're in deep pain. Oh well....there's more to go around.:emlaugh:

There was a lot of turmoil surrounding the team... folks who had been waiting for a reason to voice displeasure. Three losses and a rumored departure by the coach didn't help. It's all good now... this staff is the best in the league and with our usual Grambling talent and swagger, yall have reason to be concerned. I'm being serious...you know how tough it is for yall to beat Grambling. There's doubt and where there's doubt, we take advantage. Yall really caught a break not playing PV and the Grambling game not counting.

SU folds to yall but they catch yall at a good time this year... now it's after us instead of before. Yall usually don't do well after the Grambling loss. Go check to see if I'm lying.

Those calls were part of the game... we capitalized. But yall managed to get a win over a team that to be honest was mentally and emotionally as well as physically spent.

No offense but all that sounds like an excuse how can you not get up mentally for the SCG! Thats what you play for you!:confused:

But like I stated before we have a good team THIS YEAR we lost a QB, 3 Rbs, 3 WRs on OFFENSE but we have guys who have seen playing time at every position except RB! So that means that every position has somebody who has came off the bench to see the field! EXCEPT RUNNING BACK! So we are in a pretty good position! Not the best but pretty good overall!

There was a lot of turmoil surrounding the team... folks who had been waiting for a reason to voice displeasure. Three losses and a rumored departure by the coach didn't help. It's all good now... this staff is the best in the league and with our usual Grambling talent and swagger, yall have reason to be concerned. I'm being serious...you know how tough it is for yall to beat Grambling. There's doubt and where there's doubt, we take advantage. Yall really caught a break not playing PV and the Grambling game not counting.

SU folds to yall but they catch yall at a good time this year... now it's after us instead of before. Yall usually don't do well after the Grambling loss. Go check to see if I'm lying.

OKAY!

No offense...didn't mean to hijack yall thread.

No offense #2... I didn't realize (well didn't notice) that a lot of yall were band guys. I try not to discuss football with band guys. It's rare to find one that really knows football.

SHAW I NEED A COPY LIKE YESTERDAY SO GET AT ME...That was pretty much the difference in the SCG why the game was close the way it was because of the 2 bad calls by the REFs that led to two touchdowns by GSU. The SCG was the only game where I felt our team played to its true identity on both sides of the ball. They showed good discipline and played the way champions play. If the SCG was in anyway a preview of what this year will bring then i know Im in for a treat.quote]

Unless JSU can find a way to sneak Oliver in as QB, this is going to be long season for JSTANKU. If JSU defense play like they did the second half of the SCG, in Grambling in September its gonna be a long trip home for JSTANK fans. I have watch the replay several times too, and all I see is, the difference was two wild Oliver scrambles and poor tackling by Grambling LBs. That game wasn't settle until the 2 minute mark of the fourth quarter and it could have gone either way.

BTW, the first game was over at the 8 min mark of the 4th quarter cuz JSU couldn't stop Warren and Walker with that great defense.:swink:

What you and many others fail to realize though is that the offense last year had a NACK for turning the ball over...4 UNFORCED turnovers helped you guys get those 26 points, other than that I only saw 2 legitimate drives from you guys the whole game. The thing that also killed us a lot in games were penalties, if not for those two things a lot of teams we played wouldnt have had a chance, seriously. This defense is very physical and the one weakness at CB is gone.

The same offense that has to re-tool and like GR would say, "If" is an excuse. Teams forced you into those turnovers and your team made those penalties.

Y'all keep reminding us of what your offense did last year .... 80% of your offense is GONE.

No offense...didn't mean to hijack yall thread.

No offense #2... I didn't realize (well didn't notice) that a lot of yall were band guys. I try not to discuss football with band guys. It's rare to find one that really knows football.

WOW who you played ball for! I played high skool baseball and football and played in the band! Plus i played a year of baseball (JSU) as well as marched for the Boom! What did you do sir?

The same offense that has to re-tool and like GR would say, "If" is an excuse. Teams forced you into those turnovers and your team made those penalties.

Y'all keep reminding us of what your offense did last year .... 80% of your offense is GONE.

Hello!:lmao:

WOW who you played ball for! I played high skool baseball and football and played in the band! Plus i played a year of baseball (JSU) as well as marched for the Boom! What did you do sir?

I said most band folk...calm down man. Oh, I played two years of high school ball. Was pretty good at it too...not scholarship good but good enuff to start on a team that was 23-2 in my two seasons.

Never said our team didn't make those penalties of course they mad those penalties. My whole point about the penalties was that was 1 of two problems that kept teams in games last year with SU being one of those teams. On offense we return much of the starters from 06 as well as a lot of experience from the 07 squad. The RB position is the only spot where there isn't any experience so keep thinking that 80% of our offense is gone.

Mike, you know stats can be very misleading. Take the JSU-AAMU game. A&M had 276 total yards and only 13 first downs. Yet, they scored 40 points. Just looking at that should tell you that their offense didn't have far to go on most of their scoring opportunities or their defense put points on the board. Same thing happened against Delta State. DSU had 3 TD drives that weren't 30 yards long. The defense played some bad games. PV quickly comes to mind. Not stopping Gram in the 2nd half, until after y'all ate up a bunch of clock comes to mind. But even your 2nd half scores came from offensive turnovers inside the JSU 20. Few teams drove the field and scored on JSU. Then we had a snake bitten DB that would always be in position, but never make the play. Example, that bogus TD Gram scored in Jackson on 3rd and 30 or so (or however long it was) in the 2nd quarter.

Those calls were part of the game... we capitalized.

MikeB, you all capitalized is correct. But on that incomplete pass that the refs ruled a fumble, you know that the coaches and players were still debating the call with the refs when you all rushed to the line to hike the ball. LOL!! Yeah I know, the refs blew the ball live, so we should have been ready, but that was a bad call to begin with by ruling it a fumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back