Jackson State Football Notes: 2008-Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
gr went back and read this whole thread. its amazing how people can see the same thing and have totally different opinions.

first of all about the defense. jsus defense had good players but gave up too many big plays especially on third and long. ill bet that over half of the tds scored on jsu was on third and long. the good part about that is that's correctable.

secondly...the scg wasn't as close as the score. without those bad calls that turned the game completely around jsu would have blown grambling out by the third quarter.

thirdly....kent and oliver weren't remotely on the same level. kent had the best defense in the swac during his junior year. that defense was much better than the 07 defense. the difference between the two is oliver had woody. woody actually teaches qbs how to be a qb.

gr wonders is it possible to have a jsu conversation without all the hate from the usual suspects. and by usual suspects I mean 79 and mh.

gr went back and read this whole thread. its amazing how people can see the same thing and have totally different opinions.

first of all about the defense. jsus defense had good players but gave up too many big plays especially on third and long. ill bet that over half of the tds scored on jsu was on third and long. the good part about that is that's correctable.

secondly...the scg wasn't as close as the score. without those bad calls that turned the game completely around jsu would have blown grambling out by the third quarter.

thirdly....kent and oliver weren't remotely on the same level. kent had the best defense in the swac during his junior year. that defense was much better than the 07 defense. the difference between the two is oliver had woody. woody actually teaches qbs how to be a qb.

gr wonders is it possible to have a jsu conversation without all the hate from the usual suspects. and by usual suspects I mean 79 and mh.

That's the key right there...not just JSU but all teams. Seems coordinators don't teach or kids lose their awareness of down and distance. Stop the offense from moving the chain and they have to punt... give up the yardage and you're asking for trouble. Like a guy who misses the third out...the next pitch usually results in a hit or rbi producing play. I think it's a lack of focus...

Dude, are you serious? Every single time somebody mentions SU, like our first Notes thread, y'all blow it up with stupid azz sh*t that is not necessary at that time.

Y'all continue to lick on Kareem .... building the heads up bigger.

Dude, are you serious? Every single time somebody mentions SU, like our first Notes thread, y'all blow it up with stupid azz sh*t that is not necessary at that time.

Y'all continue to lick on Kareem .... building the heads up bigger.

Kareem is not our source...SMH....Man we got diehards all around Jackson and at practice...

Don't care ..... that's the difference.

Oh you care. You've posted or checked in here more than all JSU poster combined in SU Notes.

aint nobody commenting on your notes but you...Nobody said Kareem was the gospel. You did.. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

79 "Go Home", "Go Home":lmao::lmao:

Oh you care. You've posted or checked in here more than all JSU poster combined in SU Notes.

aint nobody commenting on your notes but you...Nobody said Kareem was the gospel. You did.. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

smh, Shaw sometimes its best to ignore the ignorant :tup:

Man, you need help. The only reason I'm even here is because of all the sh*t I'm hearing on the smack board about what you supposedly have. And like I thought, the majority of it has been bullsh*t. But I can assure you, as soon as August 30th gets here, I really won't give a damn about JSU until the week before the 4th.

And to your first statement, I suggest you find the first SU Notes thread and see just WHO blew that one up .... it wasn't SU. And I never made Kareem to be gospel, but he is your beat writer, which is the only reason I referenced him.

And that "Go Home" sh*t. Y'all gonna wish you hadn't done that, but I'll leave you to your fellating over practice. Please, continue.

Man, you need help. The only reason I'm even here is because of all the sh*t I'm hearing on the smack board about what you supposedly have. And like I thought, the majority of it has been bullsh*t. But I can assure you, as soon as August 30th gets here, I really won't give a damn about JSU until the week before the 4th.

And to your first statement, I suggest you find the first SU Notes thread and see just WHO blew that one up .... it wasn't SU. And I never made Kareem to be gospel, but he is your beat writer, which is the only reason I referenced him.

And that "Go Home" sh*t. Y'all gonna wish you hadn't done that, but I'll leave you to your fellating over practice. Please, continue.

Yep. They blew SU's first note thread up and Beans started the second one when he saw the thing about the ineligible players and he didn't post a SU article since.

Dude, we've told you to GO HOME two straight years. It's becoming a habit now.....and YES, as you wish, we WILL continue to tell you to GO HOME, so you may as well finetune your mind and hearing apparatus to get used to it again!!:tup:

Man, I see this thread is still running strong. Gotta give it to JSU, they stir up the passion around the league. I'm sure yall feel up to the challenge, but you can tell everyone wants that azz. :swink:

Man, that first SU notes page sat for a good week before anyone even cared to post in it.

Man, I see this thread is still running strong. Gotta give it to JSU, they stir up the passion around the league. I'm sure yall feel up to the challenge, but you can tell everyone wants that azz. :swink:

That's what they don't get. They think we are getting at them because they are Jackson State University. Tricks, we are getting at you because we think you have something that you don't deserve and ALL of us want to take it from you. You could be Bell State, Louisiana Tech, or Cuyahoga Community .... we would be treating you the same way.

That's what they don't get. They think we are getting at them because they are Jackson State University. Tricks, we are getting at you because we think you have something that you don't deserve and ALL of us want to take it from you. You could be Bell State, Louisiana Tech, or Cuyahoga Community .... we would be treating you the same way.

We certainly deserved our championship. We finished our year strong by going 8-2 after a 0-2 start but that is the benefit (and purpose) of early non-conference games. And remember, we were 1-6 dating back to the previous season so we had to re-tool some things as our coaches had to learn how to coach 1-AA ball. I would love to have got my hands back on DSU, TNState, and PV like we did against Gram. Delta State MIGHT be the only team that would beat us in a re-match! JSU certainly has the potential to go 12-0 this year. Actually, it's probably lights out for the rest of you for years to come as Comegy is likely to start back to putting up his TU numbers of winning 9-10 games per year. Everything is now in place. THIS is year THREE!

Man, that first SU notes page sat for a good week before anyone even cared to post in it.

Man, you should be tired of me correcting y'all azz this summer. That post was started on July 31st, the day the 2008 SWAC champs opened camp. Jag-BR posted the first two articles, Syndicate noting something about Michael Williams being a Natchez boy and then ..... JayRob, on the same DATE

The article quotes: "With so many players not in the summer program, coaches are eager to see how well they?ve kept up their conditioning. How the players fare could have an impact in how practice is shaped."

So, up until now, the coaches have basically no idea who kept up their conditioning? Hmmm, interesting

On the same thread at 9:05am, I stated
I will refer to this thread when anyone from J-State states "we don't care about y'all". No one mentioned you. The article has NOTHING to do with you, but you had to plop your two cents in there. I'll respect your right to do so, but don't give us that "we don't care" crap because it's obvious you are all worried ..... and you should be.

That's a damn shame how y'all continue to lie on here man.

We certainly deserved our championship. We finished our year strong by going 8-2 after a 0-2 start but that is the benefit (and purpose) of early non-conference games. And remember, we were 1-6 dating back to the previous season so we had to re-tool some things as our coaches had to learn how to coach 1-AA ball. I would love to have got my hands back on DSU, TNState, and PV like we did against Gram. Delta State MIGHT be the only team that would beat us in a re-match! JSU certainly has the potential to go 12-0 this year. Actually, it's probably lights out for the rest of you for years to come as Comegy is likely to start back to putting up his TU numbers of winning 9-10 games per year. Everything is now in place. THIS is year THREE!

Where have we heard this before? :rolleyes:

Plz. We've gotten bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, smarter (quite a few guys in grad school ironically - homegrown/non-txfers), and hungrier. :read:

JSU couldn't stay on the field w/ the current PV team. :read:

Plz. We've gotten bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, smarter (quite a few guys in grad school ironically - homegrown/non-txfers), and hungrier. :read:

JSU couldn't stay on the field w/ the current PV team. :read:
This is what happens when guys don't take you seriously and allow you to do things you couldn't do all year. Our secondary played lax against a team that couldn't throw a fit and made them look like HOFers. Now we gotta deal with this ^^^^ up yonda.

Make it to Birmingham!!!

This is what happens when guys don't take you seriously and allow you to do things you couldn't do all year. Our secondary played lax against a team that couldn't throw a fit and made them look like HOFers. Now we gotta deal with this ^^^^ up yonda.

Make it to Birmingham!!!

That's our goal. Y'all just make sure y'all keep your end of the bargain. :tup:

We shouldn've allowed JSU to score 27 because now we have to deal w a bunch of overconfidence. lol

That's our goal. Y'all just make sure y'all keep your end of the bargain. :tup:

We shouldn've allowed JSU to score 27 because now we have to deal w a bunch of overconfidence. lol

You have to learn to win close games against Grambling and SU before even considering Birmingham. Until PV does that, B'ham is off limits.

hey 79

man you are really showing a lot of hate and rampage and rage and bad feelings. gr is not one to tell folks what to do, but don't you think you need to calm down some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back