Jackson State Football Notes: 2008-Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dominated is what AAMU did to JSU the past 4 years. We had players who aint EVER touched the field score against JSU.

I will give u that!But Last seasons game against A&M was a fight to the finish we fought our way outta of A&M:lol: Both teams were on the field crying it was a hard fought physical battle!!!Thats what i saw!

In 06 tho we LOST that game because we couldn't finish it wasnt like u guys kicked our arse up and down the field we were up 21 at the half we jus didnt know how to win and got to cocky! Be foreal

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080818/SPORTS030101/808180338/1073

Frost's coming-out party was delayed a year when he broke his leg in the fourth quarter of the 2007 spring game. He caught a pass over the middle and was brought down from behind while trying to stiff-arm a defensive end. His left leg was caught underneath the defender as Frost was brought down - snap.

Say goodbye to the season in which JSU won its first Southwestern Athletic Conference championship since 1996.

"Why?" Frost immediately thought. "Coming into my senior year, spring was over ... why?

"It was probably one of the longest seasons of my life."

It has been a long stretch for his teammates and coaches, also. They swear on the type of player Frost is and could just dream about the unloaded weapon sitting on the shelf.

They're just as curious to see Frost on game day as anyone else.

"I know he's going to dominate," receiver Carlos Simpson said. "I'm just waiting to see how good it's going to look, how much domination it's going to be."

"Mark my words on this, Frost is a beast," quarterback Tray Rutland said. "He's a freak of nature."

"He may be the little secret we've got," cornerback Domonique Johnson said. "Don't play with him."

"It's nice to know I'm still in the minds of people," Frost said. "But I really want to show people so they can take it out of their mind ... and really see it."
Yall hear this, huh?

We shole heard this

Jackson State football fans got their first glimpse of their defending Southwestern Athletic Conference champions in live action Saturday. The Tigers held a scrimmage on their practice field, starting just after 2:30 p.m.
The first 45 minutes of the workout was stomach-turning for the offense - getting called for six penalties, allowing two safeties, two fumbles and completing just three passes.
The offensive line kept lining up in the neutral zone and didn't give much time for its quarterbacks. Incomplete passes piled up. The center-quarterback exchange was an adventure. Even usually automatic kicker Eric Perri struggled with extra points

but you can keep spinning and jayrob can keep diverting (and selling lies, that not even his own jsue folks will try to prop up) :smh:

carry on......

You do realize that without Jimmy, not to mention the refs., all those games go the other way?:smh:

Ya'll really need to let that 10 year crying over ref's go.
Ya'll been crying bout ref's since ya'll joined.

A@M's motto FOR 2008:
THE REF'S CHEATED AGAIN......:lmao:

Oliver didn't play defense so just maybe ya'll got your arse kicked because your little QB Luke had a pile in his pant's before every snap. :lol:

JSU Defense feed off junior Jamison's high energy

Former Alabama A&M quarterback Kelcy Luke can probably still hear the taunts from 2007.

Where you at Kelcy?
Here I come Kelcy!
Where you going Kelcy?

Surprise, surprise, Jackson State linebacker Marcus Jamison was the one doing the talking. He's always the one talking.

"I like to stay crunk and stay hyped," Jamison said. "Football is not a quiet game. When everybody's involved, it's a whole lot easier. Everybody talking and just in that mode."

you guys actually think jimmy was the drivng force behind the offense. oh well timw will tell. 99% of you have no clue what u are watching

Any word on a staduim deal?

Nope.
JSU is too busy building this as of 2 weeks ago.

Third phase near Lynch Street with mixed-use property, 400 student housing beds and a 600-space garage, office and retail space at the corner of Lynch and Dalton directly across the street from this that opened last Monday. :nod:

JSU Student's welcome public to new Student Union.

Jackson State University is welcoming the public to its new student union, starting today with the opening of The Legacy, a 700-seat dining hall featuring the cuisine of a Jamaican-born chef.

Godfrey Morgan, chef of The Legacy, will direct the preparation of such things as Asian herb-crusted pork loin, jerk chicken breast and salads, and cakes garnished with edible flowers.

The restaurant joins an Internet cafe, conference rooms, a large ballroom, a game room for students and a 250-seat movie theater that will be reserved for university use for now as features of the new buildin
g.

The union, at John R. Lynch and Dalton streets, will provide not only new amenities for students but officials are hoping it also will be their entry into an untapped source of income: the public. The school is looking to attract a daily flow of guests dining on Morgan's preparations and groups interested in booking conference space at the 125,000-square-foot, $24.5 million student union.

In case ya'll are wondering, the Union is 34,000 sqr. ft. LARGER than the Walter Payton Complex that comes in at 93,000 sqr. feet.:pimp:

huh?
:smh:

and the infamous 99% quote is from Bell. Can't yall at least give him his due on that one?

sheesh

carry on....

MH,

Don't you know that to 99% of them, Bell never coached at JSU? Those are not the Bell years... back over on the Smack page, it is now referred to as the J-Pop-33 years.

Nope.
JSU is too busy building this as of 2 weeks ago.

Third phase near Lynch Street with mixed-use property, 400 student housing beds and a 600-space garage, office and retail space at the corner of Lynch and Dalton directly across the street from this that opened last Monday. :nod:

JSU Student's welcome public to new Student Union.

Jackson State University is welcoming the public to its new student union, starting today with the opening of The Legacy, a 700-seat dining hall featuring the cuisine of a Jamaican-born chef.

Godfrey Morgan, chef of The Legacy, will direct the preparation of such things as Asian herb-crusted pork loin, jerk chicken breast and salads, and cakes garnished with edible flowers.

The restaurant joins an Internet cafe, conference rooms, a large ballroom, a game room for students and a 250-seat movie theater that will be reserved for university use for now as features of the new buildin
g.

The union, at John R. Lynch and Dalton streets, will provide not only new amenities for students but officials are hoping it also will be their entry into an untapped source of income: the public. The school is looking to attract a daily flow of guests dining on Morgan's preparations and groups interested in booking conference space at the 125,000-square-foot, $24.5 million student union.

In case ya'll are wondering, the Union is 34,000 sqr. ft. LARGER than the Walter Payton Complex that comes in at 93,000 sqr. feet.:pimp:

Good deal frat!! Shid I might have to check out that Chef from Jamaica myself when I roll back into town to catch up with my HS classmate who just became one of yall's Dean's.

BTW. He is a Valley grad. LOL.

dominated is what AAMU did to JSU the past 4 years. We had players who aint EVER touched the field score against JSU.

You dominated depleted, Bell coached, or influenced teams. Don't worry, you don't have to worry about having that problem anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back