Deion Sanders and his HBCU legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, considering maintenance, repair, and warranty issues, it's inconvenient that the closest dealership is an hour away.

A European car in Grambling is a weird flex.

Let's just be honest.

The only P5 coach to get out coached by two HBCUs.
The article was right on. JSU football is in much better shape than it was 2 years ago and HBCU audience is much more involved than it was 2 years ago. Look at Twitter and other social media, never as much interaction as now. Give coach Prime credit, he rekindled HBCU fan engagement and the fun of school rivalries and arguments. He will be missed, but the field just got leveled because there was no way any SWAC school could compete with coach Prime for talent. I have continually stated that Prime is an international figure that Mississippi couldn’t keep. He was great for HBCU football.

All I can say is...I'm conflicted. It's kinda like you built something, then leave and break the windows on the way out.

he didn't advance any "hbcu" coaches - looking at that staff

Dancy got an off the field position - everyone else was his boyz who came to JSU and took the bag with him - The OC was a head coach - Dancy should've coached linebackers or something

Hey, I’m referenced in this 😄

“Their athletic director addressed us as North Carolina A&T State University. We pull up to dinner the other night, (Jackson State’s) buses won’t move. They got to drop our guys off in the middle of a street,” Oliver said, via Kendrick Marshall of HBCU Sports.

The only P5 coach to get out coached by two HBCUs.

All I can say is...I'm conflicted. It's kinda like you built something, then leave and break the windows on the way out.

He hosted a Playstation tournament and took the Playstation with him and only left a couple controllers

I don’t think he made big splashed in recruiting for national signing day. He better hope he can get in that portal or CU will get their skulls kicked in again next year.
Many smart players seen how inconsistent he is and how he favors his sons plus his favorite recruit over everyone else (nepotism). I wouldn't wanna play for him either. Deion is about Deion, his kids, and the money. And who's to say he won't leave once Sheduer graduate? He already broken one contract. These players are looking for STABILITY and FAIR TREATMENT to increase their odds of landing great NIL deals and playing pro

Deion left a great legacy but the hatred many black folks have for progress will nullify it.
What? Black people don't have hatred for progress. Our struggle and achievements over oppression in this country are among, if not, the greatest examples of human progress made anywhere. And that struggle, the striving for progress continues up to today. So, later for trying to broad brush us with shade about hating progress.

When it comes to Deion, the issue is that WE...WE...WE Black folks value integrity and call out bs when we see it. If it's all about the bag, then go for the bag. But don't front about mission and "the culture". It was bs.

Last edited:
Deion left a great legacy but the hatred many black folks have for progress will nullify it.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

you don't have to talk churchy, use Jesus Lord God, and "spiritual religion" for personal gain and the advancement of your family/generations after it at the expense of black people...if that is your way of luring people in let them know up front or you will be held accountable by black people who don't go for bullshit!

Last edited:

Please excuse my ignorance.....but legacy did Deion Sanders leave at Jackson State?

I’m not a Jackson State alum, but I am an HBCU alumna and progeny of HBCU alums. I always thought the legacy at Jackson State was in place even before Deion went to the league. 🤷🏾‍♀️
You are correct. The Mighty JSU had a legacy; he simply added to it positively and actually helped bend and expose the knowledge of JSU and a few other HBCUs in the process towards a few more mainstreamers.

He and his staff showed how to shine the light of social media exposure, pure transparency and exposure towards mainstreamers. There were quite a few more eyes and ears added to the JSU & HBCU culture thanks to him and his staff.

He and his staff did all of it the right way. I was VERY elated watching in the background as he trimmed the underperforming excess from the JSU football program. He and his assistants created and implemwnted a PMI and not too many took notice. I am STILL HIGHLY JEALOUS because I do believe that 40+% of current PV football players need their scholarship rescinded AND 30-40% of current PV athletic staff, w/ salary being wasted on them, they need to be terminated.

You are correct. The Mighty JSU had a legacy; he simply added to it positively and actually helped bend and expose the knowledge of JSU and a few other HBCUs in the process towards a few more mainstreamers.

He and his staff showed how to shine the light of social media exposure, pure transparency and exposure towards mainstreamers. There were quite a few more eyes and ears added to the JSU & HBCU culture thanks to him and his staff.

He and his staff did all of it the right way. I was VERY elated watching in the background as he trimmed the underperforming excess from the JSU football program. He and his assistants created and implemwnted a PMI and not too many took notice. I am STILL HIGHLY JEALOUS because I do believe that 40+% of current PV football players need their scholarship rescinded AND 30-40% of current PV athletic staff, w/ salary being wasted on them, they need to be terminated.

🔥🔥

That's the trying-too-hard-to-be-"arrogant" stuff that makes people hate JSU. Going out of their way to be rude, disrespectful, and condescending. It's that type of stuff.

Nah, SOME people hate JSU because they're getting so much attention. That's just a natural reaction for haters. And CP sucked all the air out of the room with his being "elevated." The losing coach's post game presser has thousands more views that the winning coach. Not getting the attention you think you deserve makes you fell some type of way... you know.

That's the trying-too-hard-to-be-"arrogant" stuff that makes people hate JSU. Going out of their way to be rude, disrespectful, and condescending. It's that type of stuff.

You been crying like a lil hoe ever since them two ass whoopings. I’ll be glad when you heal and move on cause these bitch fits ain’t it. It’s just football my guy…or girl. Whichever you prefer. You know how y’all are these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back