Deion Sanders and his HBCU legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they have to say it like that?

Believe it or not, everyone doesn't think everything is wonderful at HBCUs. Why can't people live in their truth? Why do they have to say things in a way that satisfies you? A way that is comfortable to HBCU people?

On the other hand, HBCU people can move on too. They can stop looking for every opportunity to be hurt or offended by something other people said or did. They can say they appreciate Deion's time and contribution and move on. Rather than lashing out at them and trying to put them down because of their PWI ties.

You can go both ways on that "move on" street. The traffic flows both ways.

We know the truth - problem is non hbcu folks who are scared to say anything negative about their schools, white folks in general, etc will fight extra hard to get a dig at an hbcu en masse and it spreads like Covid quickly

Believe it or not, everyone doesn't think everything is wonderful at HBCUs. Why can't people live in their truth? Why do they have to say things in a way that satisfies you? A way that is comfortable to HBCU people?

On the other hand, HBCU people can move on too. They can stop looking for every opportunity to be hurt or offended by something other people said or did. They can say they appreciate Deion's time and contribution and move on. Rather than lashing out at them and trying to put them down because of their PWI ties.

I do agree with this. I wish my fellow Jacksonians would stop reposting, replying or mentioning them people.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I just spoke with a cousin of mine today, an SU alum, and he would agree with you. We both agreed that deference isn't the means to get things changing at HBCUs.

Like I said from the beginning, yall should've never hired deion. TC would've been the best fit.

Deion left JSU in better shape than before he got there. Plus, he gave JSU and other HBCUs the blueprint to improve themselves athletically and business-wise. It's on JSU and other HBCUs to improve themselves.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Lauren didn't know any of that staff at Jackson State?

Man - she got smart quick! They must have better textbooks 😂 in Boulder or access to a bigger budget with more toys to make you look better

SMH 🤦 - prime only helped coaches and his friends from previous stops at the end of the day - he didn't take a single person from Jackson on the administrative side who could've really benefited - that's how they keep us down - they want us to climb the P5 ladder slow but our white counterparts can jump in a p5 lead quickly

Lauren didn't know any of that staff at Jackson State?

Man - she got smart quick! They must have better textbooks 😂 in Boulder or access to a bigger budget with more toys to make you look better

SMH 🤦 - prime only helped coaches and his friends from previous stops at the end of the day - he didn't take a single person from Jackson on the administrative side who could've really benefited - that's how they keep us down - they want us to climb the P5 ladder slow but our white counterparts can jump in a p5 lead quickly

GATEKEEPING 101

This is dope. Your training staff should be continuing education any time they can. I understand the sensitivity because the back and forth as a result of Deions exit. If this was any coach other than Deion something like this wouldn’t be on social media but it is what it is. One thing for sure - they shouldn’t step foot on campus with that Colorado gear.

That young lady is a Mack 10 fan and Deion face timed him - that’s dope. But her parents are the real champs for introducing her to late 90s early 2000s west coast rap.

If Prime truly wanted to help JSU he would not have placed them in Colorado shirts. He would have created a joint Academic Endeavor. This is how I know that it is propaganda and self centered. Case and point GSU's trainers have done joint work with LSU but they wore GSU gear to show that this was an academic endeavor training athletic department personnel.

When Deion started wearing them hats from Yellowstone? Y'all know he can't wait to bust out that Dusty Rhodes/Magnum TA fur coat out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back