Deion possibly leaving JSU??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So some of you actually think Deion would turn down a coaching job in the most powerful and most notable conference in America if offered a job at a rich school where his son would be taken much more serious for the Heisman Trophy….
There are certain jobs that fit that description. Auburn ain't it. A lot of them schools in the SEC are overvalued.

Last edited:

There are certain jobs that fit that description. Auburn ain't it. A lot of them schools in the SEC are overvalued.

Overvalued by whose evaluation? Where is the imperial evidence and I don’t want to hear what you think but what is factual.

Simply put what makes a conference powerful? The issue of Vanderbilt was discussed a while back. Yet, they have the cash flow.

So explain this evaluation

Overvalued by whose evaluation? Where is the imperial evidence and I don’t want to hear what you think but what is factual.

Simply put what makes a conference powerful? The issue of Vanderbilt was discussed a while back. Yet, they have the cash flow.

So explain this evaluation
We're not talking about what job is powerful. This is a discussion about fit.

Just because a school (or conference) makes a lot of money doesn't mean good football jobs exist there.

Outside of Bama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, (with Tebow and Co.) and Auburn (a couple of times during the BCS era), most of the SEC has been consistently mid and the schools have gone through coaches like Nick Cannon goes through random pussy. You're not allowed to build a program or fail. Coaches are on very short leashes in that league. Coach O won the national title in 2020 and was gone not even two years later.

What makes a good football job is an ability to make in-roads in recruiting, and have support from the suits/boosters/donors that places your program in a realistic position to win without having to worry about getting fired for having a down year.

Last edited:
We're not talking about what job it powerful. This is a discussion about fit.

Just because a school (or conference) makes a lot of money doesn't mean good football jobs exist there.

Outside of Bama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, (with Tebow and Co.) and Auburn (a couple of times during the BCS era), most of the SEC has been consistently mid and the schools have gone through coaches like Nick Cannon goes through random pussy. You're not allowed to build a program or fail. Coaches are on very short leashes in that league. Coach O won the national title in 2020 and was gone not even two years later.

What makes a good football job is an ability to make in-roads in recruiting, and have support from the suits/boosters/donors that places your program in a realistic position to win without having to worry about getting fired for having a down year.
Arguable.

Some people would say what makes a good job - in any field - is to be fairly compensated for what they do.

They are many coaches who have been paid generational wealth for coaching and "failing" at schools that are known to overpay people. Auburn is one of those schools.

We're not talking about what job is powerful. This is a discussion about fit.

Football coaching is about money. Coach O walked away with $17 million. As he said…when do you want me to leave and what door do you want me to leave out of.

I think what makes Deion Sanders different from normal coaches is that he's use to money. I mean let's be real the man has made multimillions since he was 20 years old. He's used to money. So he can actually take his time to make a decision. Also his old lady has money so this is a different ball park. Yes everyone wants more money even Warren Buffett, but as the ole saying goes ole money is use to money. So therefore it doesn't make them jump for joy. Unlike many players from the NFL Sanders was smart with his money from his playing days. That's another key factor. Everyone knows like everything else all good things must come to an end. Eventually it will but right now I'm personally enjoying seeing a HBCU get there chance. I wish it was my school. Therefore I refuse to hate.

It seems to me that Deion is enjoying himself at JSU and building on his Branding! The "Will He Leave" talk is only adding to his branding and bringing in dollars for him like crazy. I see Deion staying at JSU for at least 3 more years maybe more...The man could be at peace doing what he's dong at JSU. Either way...Much success to the brother. Personally, looking forward to Grambling getting back in JSU's ass in the near future. Trust me, the Clock is ticking on Grambling's current staff to get that done. I think we will.

SMH

Auburn is paying Bryan Harsin $21 million to leave a job he was at for a year and a half. A "bad" job he "failed" at.

Y'all don't personally know one single person who will turn down 21 million dollars for a year and a half of work.

Yet, y'all think Deion Sanders is that one fool who would do it. Y'all are some selfish and disrespectful mofos. Like Deion Sanders is the one person in the world who does not deserve to be paid appropriately for what he does. Like he's too stupid to know what he's worth. A man who has been building a brand and marketing himself since he was in high school.

The whole "Prime Time" caricature was created to make money. He makes y'all call him "Coach Prime", not Coach Sanders. Notice that. This man is not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back