Deion possibly leaving JSU??

Status
Not open for further replies.

He wouldn't have the free reign like he does at JSU, Deion leaving?

will smith swimming GIF by Will Smith's Bucket List

Money talks….if Deion can persuade the top player to come to JSU…he can persuade him to transfer. Also….let’s be honest…Deion wants that BCS Championship. As far as his kids enrolled at JSU…they can transfer also.

I’m not privy to know what type of control Deion has at JSU….but I don’t know if he would have the same Georgia Tech.

Money talks….if Deion can persuade the top player to come to JSU…he can persuade him to transfer. Also….let’s be honest…Deion wants that BCS Championship. As far as his kids enrolled at JSU…they can transfer also.

I’m not privy to know what type of control Deion has at JSU….but I don’t know if he would have the same Georgia Tech.
I’d imagine the admin standards may be tough but Notre Dame has been successful in the past.

makes major sense - the traditional SEC Powers ain't gonna touch him - unless Florida State tanks that ain't happening

he has a big enough name in a city he made his name in - Coach is 4-25 in 4 years - they need SOMETHING to be relevant and the last hire was so underwhelming it makes sense even more - plus that's the type of school who would only touch him with that jump

tech could bend their rules to make it athletic-friendly if they want

Last edited:
Tech is a hard ass STEM heavy school. It's hard to get into and it's hard to stay there. Hard to build a championship caliber program at a school that has a reputation like that. Tech is so hard and stressful even non-athlete students who just have school full-time be committing suicide in disturbing numbers (especially around midterms and finals).

And trust me, them white folks at Tech ain't ready for Deion. Deion is very black which I love, he's really in his element at JSU. He will not be received well at a PWI by the administration, students, nor alumni

Tech is a hard ass STEM heavy school. It's hard to get into and it's hard to stay there. Hard to have a winning program with a school that has a reputation like that. Tech is so hard and stressful non-athlete students who just have school full-time be committing suicide in disturbing numbers (especially around midterms and finals).

And trust me, them white folks at Tech ain't ready for Deion. Deion is very black which I love, he's really in his element at JSU. He will not be received well at a PWI .. by the administration, students, and alumni

My classmate from high school got his Masters from there....he said GSU prepared him mentally for the rigors. He also stated that many of the students from HBCUs do well.

My classmate from high school got his Masters from there....he said GSU prepared him mentally for the rigors. He also stated that many of the students from HBCUs do well.
That's great. Actually the dean of Tech's highly ranked engineering program is a black man that went to undergrad at A&T. I also know a lot of Spelman and Morehouse graduates that went to Tech and did well. But still Tech academic rigor and selectivity isn't really conducive to a strong football program. It's possible but more difficult than say for an Alabama or LSU

I’m a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech and Prime at Georgia Tech would definitely work. Paul Johnson had us consistently going to the ACC championship games and Tech still lands All-American recruits (i.e. Jahmyr Gibbs now at Bama). Our new facilities allow us to be upper echelon in the ACC and we are in the heart of Atlanta. Tech has rich history too. Prime would enable my Jackets to a contender in a similar fashion and timeline as J-State.

However, as much as Tech would benefit from Prime (really it would be a perfect match), his plight at J-State is inspiring and potentially pioneering. I would be bittersweet if he left J-State, but grateful as Tech is a sleeping giant in the making. Prime says he was called by our Lord and Savior to Jackson. I hope to see him fulfill his mission even though as 2nd fiddle to Icon Grambling. 😉

I heard he's leaving to go to Memphis TODAY! ;)

It's sad because it seems that a lot of people subconsciously think Blacks will always be second class, and that white society is where our best should be. Will this mindset ever change? If not we'll sink deeper in despair...
I don't thinK that the mindset will change. We have spent too much time trying to prove ourselves to them. We try to move where they move, eat what they eat,. We think their ice is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back