Deion possibly leaving JSU??

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s not a post- prime type of hire lol…so I take this as you making a joke…lol
Exactly, with the Ed Reeds, Ray Lewis and many many more that would be interested I’m sure jsu could definitely keep this train rolling with only a minimum drop off.

As much as I hate to see him leave the SWAC, we sort of knew it would not be too long. USF is surely the better option when it comes to expectations. He probably could even make Shedeur the immediate starter there. Don't forget about the weather... lol

Exactly, with the Ed Reeds, Ray Lewis and many many more that would be interested I’m sure jsu could definitely keep this train rolling with only a minimum drop off.
Why would they be interested in JSU?

It’s like either some of y’all have forgotten or just insist on deluding yourselves. Deion wanted the FSU job but was told he needed more experience. Despite what he’s said it was never his goal nor dream to lead HBCU’s back to the “Promised Land.” If it was he wouldn’t have interviewed with TCU or Arkansas (twice) last year.

JSU supposedly has a good AD. Build on that and hire someone who will be there for awhile if/when Deion eventually leaves.

4-8. Different circumstances. It wouldn't make sense to someone that wants him gone. Wouldn't be as easy to win fast. Sure he's a great recruiter, but Texas a&m is proof it's not always about recruiting.
Circumstances? In other words you don't want him to leave because you know y'all will be sorry again.

@Doctor SoFlo!? LMMFAO. USF and Colorado were a combined 2-20 This season. Why would Prime be interested in those programs which will probably take a while to rebuild?
I went through their timeline and there was a private jet that went from Jackson to Tampa and these folks were highlighting it. They are desperate and acting like private jets wouldn’t operate out of Jackson unless it was Deion. I did a bit more digging and it’s a Air Ambulance company/military contractor but there’s a chance they could have a passenger jet. I think it was a reach from their twitter

I went through their timeline and there was a private jet that went from Jackson to Tampa and these folks were highlighting it. They are desperate and acting like private jets wouldn’t operate out of Jackson unless it was Deion. I did a bit more digging and it’s a Air Ambulance company/military contractor but there’s a chance they could have a passenger jet. I think it was a reach from their twitter
#FlightAwareSZN always brings back memories of when I waited in a Stillwater, Oklahoma airport (not willingly) for eight hours looking for a private plane that was supposed to be carrying folks from the University of Tennessee who was going to interview Mike Gundy as a head coaching candidate. SMH.

😆 🤣 😂 😹

SWAC coaches are some of the highest paid at the FCS level. However, you can't compare 300-400K against 2-4M at even a mid tier FBS program. Even the assistant coaches at those programs make more than HC at the FCS level.

On top of that, the expectations at a bad FBS program will probably give you 2 years to get 7 wins. Even if they fire you after 3 years, you probably walk away with 10M.

I actually hope he stays at JSU... I think his presence has elevated the expectations at most of our programs.. However, it makes a lot of sense to me if he jumps ship.

On top of that, the expectations at a bad FBS program will probably give you 2 years to get 7 wins. Even if they fire you after 3 years, you probably walk away with 10M.
It depends on the program. I think our view of expectations is a bit skewed by how impatient some FBS schools are. If a school is pursuing Deion, he's going to get every opportunity to succeed because why go after Deion freaking Sanders if you're only going to give him two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back