2016 SWAC Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

As the person doing the game for the swac. There are guests that are brought up to us to interview.. I thought Jerry Manuel gave lots of knowledge and info.
The interviews are excellent, but you are the eyes and ears of those in radio land. Keep having the guests, but you along with Mr. Black, let us hear the play by play as it happens. Just let the person being interviewed know beforehand that you'll have to interrupt him or her when play is going on.
I really enjoy your broadcasts and please keep up the good work.

Living in the past? Our current season record is horrible, and we've been run-ruled by several teams this season. Why is everyone acting surprised that the undefeated Alabama State team did the same to us?
27 points though?!! Come on man!! Even that score had to surprise you. If you say it didn't, then you're more than likely fabricating.

Just hand Alabama State the damn trophy, they murdering the SWAC lol
That's why you play the game.
All of that work done by Bama State will go up in smoke if they get to the championship game but can't win the one game playoff against the winner of the other bracket.
Texas Southern, JSU or PB have the players that can win that one game.

That's why you play the game.
All of that work done by Bama State will go up in smoke if they get to the championship game but can't win.
Do you also feel like that for every team in every sport who don't win a championship game, including Jsu? Fact is, Bama State has had a good season (first team to ever finish the regular season undefeated, won the East for the 3rd year in a row)
speaking of winning the East, as many times as you people have harped on Jsu winning the East in football, I guess you didn't think those years went "up in smoke" seeing that yall didn't win the SCG. But maybe this only applies to baseball and any school other than Jsu.. :snicker: :confused:

but I digress, because I know your kind.
smh

The interviews are excellent, but you are the eyes and ears of those in radio land. Keep having the guests, but you along with Mr. Black, let us hear the play by play as it happens. Just let the person being interviewed know beforehand that you'll have to interrupt him or her when play is going on.
That is the point I was trying to get across. I enjoy the interviews as well.

Do you also feel like that for every team in every sport who don't win a championship game, including Jsu? Fact is, Bama State has had a good season (first team to ever finish the regular season undefeated, won the East for the 3rd year in a row)
speaking of winning the East, as many times as you people have harped on Jsu winning the East in football, I guess you didn't think those years went "up in smoke" seeing that yall didn't win the SCG. But maybe this only applies to baseball and any school other than Jsu.. :snicker: :confused:

but I digress, because I know your kind.
smh
Where did I not give Bama State credit for having a good REGULAR season? Get out of your feelings Mr. Johnny-come-lately baseball fan. LOL.
It's been four years since Bama State's rise and they've yet to win the SWAC, after winning the East for three straight years. At least JSU football can say they've won at least one overall title since the divisional format was created.
Perhaps Melendez will get to say that this year.

Last edited:

As the person doing the game for the swac. There are guests that are brought up to us to interview.. I thought Jerry Manuel gave lots of knowledge and info.

I have no issue with the guests. My problem is when there is action going on we who are listening have no clue what is happening. A couple of times when there was a hit Manuel stopped talking so the commentator could call the action but the guy kept on with the conversation as if nothing was happening on the field. Coach Manuel purposely stopped in mid sentence to allow the play-by-play guy to do play-by-play.

This 100%. I've listened to a few games where, during an interview, the innings were called incorrectly, batters who had been subbed with a pinch runner were apparently still on base, or subject matter turned to SWAC relevance and from there pivoted to football.

I enjoy the interviews myself, especially with the MLB managers, but it should be something that pauses as soon as a pitcher goes into motion IMHO

The conference format needs to stay the way it is. It's the format old format used in the NCAA CWS and it's the format used by many conferences.

Duer Sharp didn't want to address banning schools with APR penalties from SWAC post-season. He didn't want no parts of that one. I wonder why.

MH,

You all have been the most consistent football and baseball program as of late. you just don't have the championships.... and you are probably cheating.... LOL JSU never cheats. We are just always competitive.

Texas Southern, looks like you are on the clock... Let's see where your pitching stands tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back