2016 SWAC Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thru out the years that's abnormal for SU baseball and the norm for TSU.

True, especially when we were offering less than half of the allowable scholarships and Candy was being paid 11k per year. We did not invest in baseball at all. Once we started offering our full allotment, things obviously changed as we have won more championships than SU.

SU will NEVER under Cador, do what it did. NEVER. You can continue to bank on that history because you, or any team in the SWAC, even the nation will do what he did over the years. Put an excellent recruiter and fundraiser with a conference who did not value baseball - its a recipe for success. Look how much Alabama State has improved by investing in baseball.

SWAC Baseball Tourney - Day 2
AAMU vs JSU (Elimination game) 9AM
Southern vs Grambling (Elimination game) Noon
TxSU vs UAPB 3PM
Alcorn vs ASU 6PM

Is ASU that good or is SU really a shell of themselves and that bad?

Coming up as NOLA Lakeshore baseball kid, I have been a SU Baseball fan since the late 80's. I have seen some great SU teams since that time, but I just can't believe what I am seeing from the Jags right now. I watched SU get trashed in all aspects of the game. They made ASU look like the greatest SWAC tournament team of all-time. Not to take anything away from the Hornets because they are very good, but the Jags were awful.

Coming up as NOLA Lakeshore baseball kid, I have been a SU Baseball fan since the late 80's. I have seen some great SU teams since that time, but I just can't believe what I am seeing from the Jags right now. I watched SU get trashed in all aspects of the game. They made ASU look like the greatest SWAC tournament team of all-time. Not to take anything away from the Hornets because they are very good, but the Jags were awful.
Especially after having given up 21 runs to a subpar JSU team in Baton Rouge.

We all know Cador cut the team from last year and started over with Freshmen lol. Struggle is to be expected when playing that many young kids.

We all know Cador cut the team from last year and started over with Freshmen lol. Struggle is to be expected when playing that many young kids.
We all knew that you were going to come on here and mention SU having a lot of freshmen as the reason why they lost also.

Yeah, but the freshman vs the world senior scenario in baseball is different from football and basketball. SU looked terrified and gutless in that game last night. Although I always want the G-Men to trash SU, I sure hope the Jags improve.

Not blaming the loss on that. Look at our record. Look at the score of the last 5 games. It is what it is.

Tell us what happened in 1955 and how that helps today? I adore the history lessons from the one who lives in the past. And while there, can you tell me about how y'all rose @ 4:15am every morning to the crackle of the cock crowing to alert you all to rise and shine and pick 'dat cotton and sprinting to the back of the bus and not staring a white man in the eyes and all?

:(

SU lead Gram in damn near every game we played in Swac play. SU lost the lead in the late innings.
Well, there appears to be some controversy. A SU batter hits a ball that was called a foul, but there were some folks from TSU who said the ball hit the pole, which would indicate a home run. It would have been a 3-run homer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back