The city of Charlotte, N.C. hosted the annual Queen City Battle of the Bands on Saturday featuring eight HBCU marching bands from around the region.

The 2015 event featured bands from Alabama A&M, Bethune-Cookman, North Carolina A&T, Miles College, Elizabeth City State, North Carolina Central, Shaw University and Talladega College.

There was no official winner announced at the event, but we are certain those in attendance left with their own conclusions as to which band was best.

In case you missed it, we’ve found video clips of each band’s performance.

Shaw University

Elizabeth City State

North Carolina Central

Miles College

Alabama A&M

North Carolina A&T

Talladega College

Bethune-Cookman

Time to choose.  The poll will close at midnight Sept. 2.

About The Author

HBCU Sports

37 Responses

1. Britney

MILES did they THANGGGG , they showed up and showed out for the 205
    #milescollege19

2. ANGRY MOM!!

I THINK THAT IT IS EXTREMELY UNFAIR THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO VOTE MULTIPLE TIMES, AND I AM NOT!!! I have proof (screen shots) that a competitor is able to vote for AA&M multiple times but I can only vote for Miles once. Then I get a message saying Thank you we have already counted your vote. But someone else is getting a Thank You message every time they vote!!!! Someone needs to contact me ASAP about this issue!! If it’s going to be voted on by fans, make sure the voting process is fair please!!! No, I am not a Miles Alumni!!! Thanks!!!

3. Spartan

Miles has crescendos, trills, and true control of volume, they were wble to play as if they were sitting down.
    Stand (the last song) was amazingly powerful and therapeutic for the soul, a nice change from everyone else’s performances.

4. Zoe

North Carolina A&T deserves the title but it’s cool, a lot of people are mad cause they didn’t battle in the stands but if you all must know A&T performed prior to coming to the Queen City Battle but I’m not mad or anything just letting everyone know for those thanks.

5. Deirdre Gaddis

Miles College STANDS for a lot more than music and competition AND IT’S OBVIOUS!!!!! WAY TO GO PMM!

6. LarryDM23

Miles College did what they came to do, will only more to come. Job well done PMM, its always War Time

7. ANGRY MOM!!

CAN THE ADMINSTRATION PLEASE CORRECT THE POLL ENDING DATE!!! ITS MAKES PEOPLE WHO DOESN’T KNOW ANY BETTER, THINK THEY HAVE MISSED THE DEADLINE!!

8. QueenCity

Miles College..10s across board. The tuba players’ face as they walked through…… “yeah…we did that. All the bands were excellent but The Purple Marching Machine stood out.

9. shay

why are you all not counting Talladega’s votes? My co workers and I all voted the the results were all the same.

10. david m

Miles was my favorite. I really think that they deserve it. That “stand” was a testimony of God’s almighty protection.

11. Rhonetta Oxford

I am a 2009 graduate of Tuskegee University, and anyone who attends or attended a southern HBCU knows about the Miles/Tuskegee Rivalry. But I must give credit where credit is due, Miles did that Hands Down!!!! GOOD JOB!!! and this is coming from an Alumni of one of you all’s biggest rivalry. I think Miles should win this. I Mean their tone was amazing, you could fully distinguish all moving parts, and they didn’t get so caught up in competition that they we’re too good to give honor to God. WAY TO GO MILES!!!! Again, I’m only giving credit where credit is due.

12. gj

well if bc is the blueprint i do NOT ever want to see the designer. They aere not a show stopping band to me they only do one screwed up dance routine then fall on the field, please never come down south with that you will positively get BOOed

13. gj

aamu did okay in comparison to the competition but didn’t hold down the SWAC well. The top bands in our conference would easily win this on the field. And stop that pv exit running off the field just too high schoolish