Womens Basketball Semifinal

Status
Not open for further replies.
mighty hornet said:
so, are you suggesting that it was okay for 6 players to be on the court as long as they didn't cause a foul?

just asking......
To me it seems like MH wanted the two Bama women to be in the Finals, but hey you have to remember you are playing Jackson St today.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
you mean to tell me that they let SU play an entire offensive possesion with 6 players on the floor??? *smh*

:smh: :smh: :shame:

Man....somebody got swerved.... :shame:

That's a tech and possession of the ball... yeesh...

There were plenty of neutral people in attendence. Im sure some of them will comment on this later. So don't pass judgement untill a neutral person speaks on it.

Daaaa....Datta Da Da Da Da...

"Southern University - Defenders of the Gold and Blue!
We will always loyal be and raise a cheer for you!
All for one and one for all - We have the will to win for thee!
So, we FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT until we win the VICTORY!"

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
what does a neutral person have to do with being able to count??? 6 is 6 no matter if u went to SU or AAMU.
We know AAMU has issues when they lose. Have you ever listen to MightyDog.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
what does a neutral person have to do with being able to count??? 6 is 6 no matter if u went to SU or AAMU.
:lol::lol::lol:
You shole is right Trigger Man!

LOL@jagtilidie and SS
:lol::lol::lol:
you su folks are comical.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SUjagTILLiDIE said:
We know AAMU has issues when they lose. Have you ever listen to MightyDog.

No issues with this lost.... Im proud of the Lady Bulldogs (maybe Pettaway and Warmley need to switch jobs)..... SU team is DEFINITELY more talented than AAMUs... (we dont have a player who averages more than 8 points)...but Warmley can coach and draws up plays that give the Lady Bulldogs good shots at the basket. They over achieved all season and beat every team in the SWAC with ASU being the exception.

LaCumba said:
You also believed your team would be in the finals. :lol:
Tigers rise, shine, rip dazed foe

Johnson's 26 points lead JSU past wrong-way Alabama State and into tonight's semifinals

By Mark Alexander
malexander@clarionledger.com

BIRMINGHAM ? Jackson State apparently likes early wakeup calls.

Alabama State. . . not so much.

Jackson State scored the first basket of Thursday's 10 a.m. Southwestern Athletic Conference Tournament quarterfinal - after Alabama State failed to realize which end it was shooting on first - and cruised to a 83-65 victory at BJCC Arena.

The Tigers improved to 3-0 in games played prior to noon over the past two seasons, and more importantly kept their season alive.

"I wish we could play 'em all that early," JSU coach Tevester Anderson said with a chuckle. "I like it. We practice at 5:30 (a.m.) some days and the guys have to get up at 4:30. And, guess what. All of them show up on time."

JSU (15-16) will get a chance to sleep in today, like it or not. The Tigers face top-seeded Southern University, a 73-52 winner over Alcorn State, in tonight's 7:30 semifinal. The game will be televised on ESPNU.

Alabama State, which advanced to the tournament championship game four of the past five seasons, finished 12-18.

JSU controlled the opening tip with Catraiva Givens corraling the loose ball near the top of the key. While Alabama State's five starters retrieved to the opposite end, a surprised Givens calmly took a few dribbles and layed the ball in.

"Easiest two points of my life," Givens said, smiling.

It was all JSU the rest of the way. The Tigers led by as many as 18 points in the first half and 24 in the second half en route to the 18-point victory.

Trey Johnson led the way with a game-high 26 points. Dakari Wallace added 16 points and Charlie White 14 for the Tigers.

With team chemistry being a problem, JSU had lost four of its previous six games and five of its last eight, including a 93-79 setback to Alabama State this past Saturday in Montgomery.

Read Story

Tigerpride said:
Umm, you remember when.....
:lol::lol:
TP,
I swear when I was writing it I thought about that lie you tried to pass off from a few years ago.

now,
in the words of jagtilidie....

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Blacknbengal said:
Tigers rise, shine, rip dazed foe

- after Alabama State failed to realize which end it was shooting on first -

LOL..... see that is twisting the story around.... BOTH teams were going the wrong way..... JSU got the tip and started going the opposite direction and ASU got on defense..... the crowd started holloring and the JSU point guard turned around and probably was the only player on that side of the court and made the layup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back