Well You Can Officially Add Bham 2 The BC Fray

Status
Not open for further replies.
98LastRip said:
:jump:

NOBODY wants to freakin go to Alabama for the BAYOU CLASSIC..

Let's just be real about it.. Bham just wants the money GSU and SU brings... Just have your turkey day classic and be happy!!

This is the worst idea ever!!! This must be a joke!! Screw this crap man..

Yall can keep the SEC Champ game... NOBODY CARES!!!!

I could care less if the Bayou was in Birmingham. I was just responding to the idiotic comment saying that Birmingham couldnt hold the Bayou Classic and I will stick to what I stated... if Birmingham can host Alabama-Auburn game it could host ANYTHING. The Bayou Classic couldnt compare to the Iron Bowl... the Iron Bowl is sold out a year in advance.

bluedog said:
AIN'T A GOTT DANG THING IN SHREVEPORT BUT LAND. IT AIN'T NUTHIN BUT AN OVERSIZED PONDEROSA

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

And further more the city of Shreveport has never treated *ramblin or SU fairly. Hell they gave more concession to the damn independence ?rejects? bowl then they did when they were trying supposedly to attractive the BC before.
:lmao:
I understand the city of Shreveport still owes SU money from our last visit there. So Shreveport is out.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bluedog said:
AIN'T A GOTT DANG THING IN SHREVEPORT BUT LAND. IT AIN'T NUTHIN BUT AN OVERSIZED PONDEROSA

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

And further more the city of Shreveport has never treated *ramblin or SU fairly. Hell they gave more concession to the damn independence ?rejects? bowl then they did when they were trying supposedly to attractive the BC before.

Whatever dude.....

Shreveport is the ideal place for the classic....
I'm from Louisiana and there is no reason to let our louisiana culture be demoralized in some other state...

If the classic ain't in Louisiana, don't call it the bayou classic...

98LastRip said:
Whatever dude.....

Shreveport is the ideal place for the classic....
I'm from Louisiana and there is no reason to let our louisiana culture be demoralized in some other state... :confused:

If the classic ain't in Louisiana, don't call it the bayou classic...

Query:

How will our culture be demoralized if we play a football game in another state?

STRAWDOG said:
I just don't think that this game is as hot-of-a-ticket outside of Louisiana as some of you might want to think that it is.

I hate to say this, but if the Bayou Classic is in Atlanta this year, I'm going to spend Thanksgiving with my folks in Mississippi. That Friday morning, I'm coming back to Atlanta! I know it's going to be crazy out here that weekend. And I'll be at the game that Saturday.

That's if it comes to Atlanta.

``Our preference is to play the game in Louisiana, because the Sugar Bowl is a Louisiana event," Sugar Bowl executive director Paul Hoolahan said.

That's why the BC belongs in Louisiana. Sure, the game could sell in Atlanta, Houston, Birmingham, Jackson, etc. That's why none of the choices would be horrible because fans are going to come. But I feel both schools should try their best to keep it in their home state. The BC is more of a Louisiana event than the Sugar Bowl, which usually has two out-of-state teams playing against each other.

SAME OLD G said:
Dude, I hope you realize that a crowd of 8473 in Rice-Totten stadium is over 84% of capacity.

Again...sometimes the best response is no response at all.

LOL@SOG. Also what straw don't realize is that going to Itta Bena, Ms was not a priority of the Jag Nation knowing that stadium is small and of course it was still too soon after Katrina.

BTW, playing Valley is no comparison to playing the BC. Not even close.

C-LeB28 said:
Question: What is the "OFFICIAL" nickname for Houston, TX?
Answer: "The Bayou City".

http://bayoucity.net/
What is the official name of the game that Txsu and PV play in.....

Among events that had been slated for Reliant Park this month were Fiestas Patrias, a Mexican independence day celebration that was expected to attract 50,000 people, and the annual Bayou Classic football game between Texas Southern University and Prairie View A&M.

HC

Mann, All you SU and GSU folks don't understand what these folks are trying to do. F-everycity thats not in the boot besides ATL. they just trying to pump there little classic up. they don't even control there own game. We SU/GSU control our own so f -them. They trying to take advantage of a natural disaster.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Mann, All you SU and GSU folks don't understand what these folks are trying to do. F-everycity thats not in the boot besides ATL. they just trying to pump there little classic up. they don't even control there own game. We SU/GSU control our own so f -them. They trying to take advantage of a natural disaster.

Dude, you SERIOUSLY need help.

I understand now why white folks say we always see a conspiracy in everything. :smh:

C-LeB28 said:
We have $50,000,000 sitting in a sock drawer for miscellanous events such as a little wind and rain huh? :smh:
You still haven't explained this

the annual Bayou Classic football game between Texas Southern University and Prairie View A&M.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
You still haven't explained this

the annual Bayou Classic football game between Texas Southern University and Prairie View A&M.

Yeah, it was all MY plan to have the Houston Chronicle confuse readers into thinking they are going to the "Bayou Classic" on Friday when they would actually be going to the "Labor Day Two Months Later Classic" just so we could have a sellout. Thank you Katrina!!! Thank you!!!

I am a genious aren't I? :devil2:

Next question please.

C-LeB28 said:
Yeah, it was all MY plan to have the Houston Chronicle confuse readers into thinking they are going to the "Bayou Classic" on Friday when they would actually be going to the "Labor Day Two Months Later Classic" just so we could have a sellout. Thank you Katrina!!! Thank you!!!

I am a genious aren't I? :devil2:

Next question please.
War time. :angry:

Why don't you ask the writer of the story?

You can see that it's someone that is not familier with our games, but you just want to make a mountain out of a molehill for this little mistake.

But let you tell it, it's all PV & TSU's fault.....
:saw: :saw: :saw: :saw:

If the Bayou Classic is held in Houston, so be it. But, I will warn you'll that there is another Hurricane predicted to hit the Gulf or is headed to the Gulf. God forbids that it hits Houston. Houston has been flooded twice in the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back